Preview Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda - SCG, Thursday 8th June, 7:10PM AEST *PRIDE GAME*

Who Wins?

• Swans

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 23 41.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Given that this is apparently a year of exploration, it's time to start exploring. And for the love of god stop playing injured players. Steele only keeps his spot as I hope that the week off will help him to get over any lingering injuries.

Out: Clark (inj), Ross, Byrnes
In: Windhager, Owens, Peris (sub)

Peris seems like the ideal type to start as sub so let's give him a go. Paton had a decent game with high numbers for intercepts and score involvements so keeps his spot. Byrnes doesn't look like he has the polish to be a long term player. Ross has a been a liability for a month. Let's see how a King/Caminiti/Sharman forward line functions for a full game with Owens and Windy in the middle to hopefully generate some decisive clearances.

B: Stocker, Howard, Wilkie
HB: NWM, Battle, Sinclair
C: Wood, Owens, Hill
HF: Higgins, Caminiti, Gresham
F: Sharman, King, Butler

Foll: Marshall, Crouch, Windhager
Int: Steele, Phillipou, Paton, Webster
Sub: Peris

We need to get as many senior midfield minutes into windhager, hotten and Bytel as possible now. This season is a total write off (so what if we finish 5th. Who gives a * about that).

I don’t want to see Seb Ross pull on another jumper. We are nothing and irrelevant whilst he’s breathing stk oxygen. * off already.. go have a nice family life which is great but you clearly don’t give a * about stk fans.

We have the worst midfield in the whole league.

WCE have TK Shuey Gaff, that’s way better than what we’re putting up. North have Simpkin, LDU, Cunnington. Way better than us. Hawthorn are really strong because they made some brave decisions around their midfield group and they’re getting the rewards now. Obviously every other midfield is way better than that.

We’re sticking with good old Ross and crouch again ey.

We’re a ******* joke

Last edited:
We can win this. Sydney have as many holes in their side as us. We've played better football than they have this year so if we bring that, we can finally win at this ground.

Out - Sharman, Paton, Clark
In - Owens, Windy

Clark injured. Sharman doesn't bring much. All of Webster, Stocker and Paton are unnecessary in one team and Paton's the weakest link but stays in as the sub due to lack of options.

Owens already one of our most important players. We will be much better with him back. Play him on Blakey and make their interceptor accountable. We cant make the same mistake 2 games in a row there. Start Windy at the first centre bounce with a hard tag on Chad Warner. I don't care that we allegedly want him to work on offence running patterns, getting smashed the way we are out of the middle calls for someone to tag.

I'll be ropable if anyone other than Wilkie lines up on Franklin. Wilkie has the credits in the bank on him. Let's not waste the first quarter with Howard/Battle on him like we did in one of our match ups last year, or like we did against GWS when Battle was lining up on Greene instead of Webster for half the game. Don't get beaten by what you know. Webster takes Papley.

Other potential changes we could look at but less likely to happen - Membrey comes in to release Owens as a full time midfielder or Billings comes in and we play Phillipou as a midfielder. There's not a lot at Sandy to work with but I want to see new faces in the midfield group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can win this. Sydney have as many holes in their side as us. We've played better football than they have this year so if we bring that, we can finally win at this ground.

In - Owens, Windy

Clark injured. Sharman doesn't bring much. All of Webster, Stocker and Paton are unnecessary in one team and Paton's the weakest link but stays in as the sub due to lack of options.

Owens already one of our most important players. We will be much better with him back. Play him on Blakey and make their interceptor accountable. We cant make the same mistake 2 games in a row there. Start Windy at the first centre bounce with a hard tag on Chad Warner. I don't care that we allegedly want him to work on offence running patterns, getting smashed the way we are out of the middle calls for someone to tag.

I'll be ropable if anyone other than Wilkie lines up on Franklin. Wilkie has the credits in the bank on him. Let's not waste the first quarter with Howard/Battle on him like we did in one of our match ups last year, or like we did against GWS when Battle was lining up on Greene instead of Webster for half the game. Don't get beaten by what you know. Webster takes Papley.

Other potential changes we could look at but less likely to happen - Membrey comes in to release Owens as a full time midfielder or Billings comes in and we play Phillipou as a midfielder. There's not a lot at Sandy to work with but I want to see new faces in the midfield group.
I agree with most of this. Webster, Paton & Stocker doesn't work. Paton on the wing yesterday had no effect.
I disagree on Sharman. I think he is a good choice for sub. He can slot in forward, wing or defence. He might not have impact individually but he allows a team structure to hold without too much shuffling and players having to play unfamiliar roles.

Was Sydney first up after the bye last year? That was the game that cooked us last year. I remember we couldn’t get it out of our backline. Il be so triggered if that happens again

Was Sydney first up after the bye last year? That was the game that cooked us last year. I remember we couldn’t get it out of our backline. Il be so triggered if that happens again
No it wasn’t after the bye

But I did go up for that game 😝 and watched us kick 4 goals

In - Owens, Windy

I know people have been getting stuck into Sharman but I thought his game was pretty good. He tapped a few balls out the back to the smalls. He reminded me of Jack Silvagni, no star but he does the little things to help the side. We were badly let down by our midfield.

Steele has to go out unless he's 100% fit. Windhager and or Bytel have to get a run with no Clark or Steele.

No it wasn’t after the bye

But I did go up for that game 😝 and watched us kick 4 goals

That was one of the worst performances in Ratts tenure. Absolutely shitfull effort and heart. We gave up.

I know people have been getting stuck into Sharman but I thought his game was pretty good. He tapped a few balls out the back to the smalls. He reminded me of Jack Silvagni, no star but he does the little things to help the side. We were badly let down by our midfield.

Steele has to go out unless he's 100% fit. Windhager and or Bytel have to get a run with no Clark or Steele.
He was the least of our problems yesterday RTB mentioned that he was really good in the 3rd

That was one of the worst performances in Ratts tenure. Absolutely shitfull effort and heart. We gave up.
I know I know

Family wanted to leave at halftime

Bytel only had 9 disposals and there was some talk he got a knock to his ankle. Even with Steele struggling, I think they will persist with him over Bytel with those numbers.

Someone mentioned Bytel was concussed early yesterday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back