Preview Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda - SCG, Thursday 8th June, 7:10PM AEST *PRIDE GAME*

Who Wins?

• Swans

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 23 41.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Gresham worth as a free agent - 2nd round pick
Billings - 2nd round pick
Hunter Clark - what is he worth
and having all our draft picks we should be able to fill a few gap's in the list - it must be remembered we still have a young kid that hasn't even played a game yet and is touted to be a pretty good player
SNAPSHOT: “An athletically gifted mid-forward who has improved as the season’s gone on, Hotton’s impact on games became increasingly impressive with more midfield minutes each week.”

Improving more and more with each game, Olli Hotton took some time to start delivering consistently on his promise as a prospect, but hardly looked back once he got up and running. Hotton started the season for Sandringham in a predominantly forward role, leaning on his speed and one-touch skills at ground level to outdo opponents and create scoring opportunities.

After strong school footy form with Haileybury College, Hotton’s breakout game came as Vic Metro took on South Australia in the Under 18 National Championships, collecting 24 disposals and booting three goals with an extended run in the midfield. Having taken his chance at representative level, he continued to perform to a high standard in the NAB League en route to premiership success.
I think Olly 💨 will be my next D_Train 🚂 cum Leo ♌

Windy named on field and in the guts, hopefully he nails his chance

Looks like RTB has been reading this forum as well as Saintsational, finally all our calls for him to be selected have been answered.

Pretty happy with with those changes with Owens and Windhager the ins, a bit surprised Membrey isn't in too but if it's wet we probably don't want to be going in with 3 tall forwards plus Owens and King and Caminiti are in better form and aren't as slow as Membrey.

I think this is our most exciting side for the year so far. First time we’ll see King, Phillipou, Windhager and Owens play together. Should be exciting regardless of the result… that being said despite all the pageantry for buddy, swans are missing some key mids which makes this game very winnable.
And Naz

With Bytel concussed, there is no other mids to bring in for him. He's safe for another few weeks.

Hopefully he gets his form back form the start of the year.

Imo if we have another poor showing from the usual suspects in the midfield then I would rather Mitch get more time in the guts and bring Members in upfront.

We can't talk about selection integrity with a straight face if there are senior blokes continually getting games when in a slump.

With Bytel concussed, there is no other mids to bring in for him. He's safe for another few weeks.

With all of Owens, Pou, Higgins, Butler and Hill for the forward line we could easily afford to play Gresh pretty much full time midfield, or a mixture of Gresh and Owens in there a lot more.

He’s a very lucky boy. Fingers crossed he gets his mojo back.

Should not be safe for a few weeks with how awful he has been over the last 4 if that form continues. Especially if we play Owens through the middle more.

Clark was only playing around 25% midfield. If Owens can cover that and Windhager can perform then Ross should be under pressure to hold his spot.

We can't just he happy about gifting mature players games if they aren't performing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imo if we have another poor showing from the usual suspects in the midfield then I would rather Mitch get more time in the guts and bring Members in upfront.

We can't talk about selection integrity with a straight face if there are senior blokes continually getting games when in a slump.
Agree mate. Ross and Steele especially. Captain of Port overlooked for shite form last week. If Jack is injured, go heal.

Should not be safe for a few weeks with how awful he has been over the last 4 if that form continues. Especially if we play Owens through the middle more.

Clark was only playing around 25% midfield. If Owens can cover that and Windhager can perform then Ross should be under pressure to hold his spot.

We can't just he happy about gifting mature players games if they aren't performing.
There is no indication that we plan on moving Owens to the midfield so I wouldn't be taking that into account.

We might not be happy gifting games to senior players but we don't have much at Sandy this week to replace a senior player with.

Windy named on field and in the guts, hopefully he nails his chance
Hopefully - but not fair to judge him on one game (especially at the SCG which is a unique ground).

Hopefully he gets a run of 4+ games as a mid - then judge how he is going.

There is no indication that we plan on moving Owens to the midfield so I wouldn't be taking that into account.

We might not be happy gifting games to senior players but we don't have much at Sandy this week to replace a senior player with.
Well there was in his last game. It was the first time he had entered centre bounces without rucking for some time.

He's only have to go in 7 or 8 times to make up for what we lose with Clark. Its not like we are teplacing a fukl time mid

Interesting. I think Caminiti deserves another chance but he was a dead set liability against the Hawks. I thought he could put on reasonable pressure, but he was so painfully slow on turnover and you could see him just losing his confidence as the game went on.
Agree re the Hawks - but from an overall perspective he has been outstanding as a young KPF, especially given he basically walked off the street.

Need to keep developing & encouraging him - even if that means at some stage a spell at Sandy.

Well there was in his last game. It was the first time he had entered centre bounces without rucking for some time.

He's only have to go in 7 or 8 times to make up for what we lose with Clark. Its not like we are teplacing a fukl time mid
1 stray centre bounce appearance doesn't indicate we plan on moving him to the midfield though. Maybe if Membrey finds some form it will help his case plus give us another decent player to bring into the best 22 since we'd still need someone decent to bring into 22 if Seb was dropped.

1 stray centre bounce appearance doesn't indicate we plan on moving him to the midfield though. Maybe if Membrey finds some form it will help his case plus give us another decent player to bring into the best 22 since we'd still need someone decent to bring into 22 if Seb was dropped.
Yes, someone would have to come in for Ross so if Membrey can perform it puts him under even more pressure.

I'm not sure why else we'd throw him in the centre bounce early if we weren't keen on him playing in there more. The fact he got 2 contested possessions when he went in there wouldn't hurt either.

A lot of people were expecting it to happen with King back so it wasn't that surprising to see him in there within a few minutes of his return.

That's an issue with Ross Lyon saying selection integrity . It can go out the window for any number of reasons and then we just keep Strachan our heads about why Ross is still playing

Yes, someone would have to come in for Ross so if Membrey can perform it puts him under even more pressure.

I'm not sure why else we'd throw him in the centre bounce early if we weren't keen on him playing in there more. The fact he got 2 contested possessions when he went in there wouldn't hurt either.

A lot of people were expecting it to happen with King back so it wasn't that surprising to see him in there within a few minutes of his return.
We've also thrown Phillipou in for a few stray centre bounces so it might not mean much of anything.

With Ross, it's less about whether someone in the side could take his or Clark midfield time and more does he offer more than Paton or Sharman at the moment due to the lack of other options available. And even with him not as his best, he would have been the best performed of the 3 against Hawthorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back