Autopsy Round 23: Hawks pluck Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Heavily tagged. It's the reason why Jaeger picked up the slack. The tag switches from one to the other

Worps has has someone sit on him the last 3 weeks.. Jags got off the chain last night, worked out well. I actually thought it was Jags most consistent game all year, was regularly around the footy and impacted the game both inside/outside and on the fringes.

Great win last night , what a great finish to year , if we sneak knot the finals somehow it will give huge momentum heading into next year.

Not sure Adelaide have much chance on recent form but last rounds do throw up shocks , fingers crossed 🤞

Career best game by O'Brien! :thumbsu:

10 disposals - 4 marks (3 contested marks) - 2 tackles - 4 goals
He had 3 touches and 1 goal during the 2nd quarter and i thought he was having a blinder.

Some of the contest he contested early without a stat were as good as anything on the night. 2v1 getting his hands to the footy then knocking it to our advantage.

Last game of the year against a top 4 team and reigning premier. Could have rolled over like Carlton and we all would have rationalised it away as an aberration. But hawks don’t do that.

This is what a winning culture looks like.

Outstanding.
We always finish strongly under Clarko.

2006 our last game against the cats was a great where Willo kicked 8 (from memory).
We've won our last 8 final round matches. No other club has.
When the opportunity to tank shows up, we start beating top teams.

You're right - it's a cultural thing. It's awesome. Dud clubs take note.

2006 our last game against the cats was a great where Willo kicked 8 (from memory).

2006, last round.... Franklin streaming towards Goal, Tom Harley pops his hamstring trying to chase him. 😘

Regarding my concern over the Wingard trade - I was WRONG and I’m loving it!

So so happy to see TOB finally deliver on the promise he has shown since early days

Isaac Smith and Jon Ceglar, please stay one club players

Frawley has wound back the clock and shown what made him an AA defender in 2012

Finally the man himself Alastair Clarkson. Can’t be bought and on a another level when it comes to coaching, up there with the great John Kennedy

Probably stratton.

On another note, McEvoy had 1 hit out last week which makes tonight's game the first game in his entire career without a hit out.

It's his second game without a hit out. In his first game for St Kilda against fremantle, he had 6 disposals and no hit outs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heavily tagged. It's the reason why Jaeger picked up the slack. The tag switches from one to the other
Imagine when we get Tommy & Jarman back next season along with Cogs...it's going to be awesome :D

Also perfect round 23 record kept intact

Yes, I noticed. And i went back and watched which veterans had players really getting around them when they kicked a goal. I've got my guesses in. It's going to be a very bitter-sweet off-season.
Who you thinking? Smith caught my eye with this, but it was also is 200th...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back