Game Day Bulldogs v Adelaide at Mars R23 - the end is nigh

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppositions are aware of what he can do now, and he's under close scrutiny the whole time as a result. Almost every disposal is now under pressure.

But kind of like M. Crouch, he keeps calling for it and then disposing of it under pressure, all the time. Numbers for both are still pretty good as a result.

Numbers good impact less so.

First time I have been jealous of you lot.

Your season is almost over whereas we still have to put up with our poop for another few hours. ☹️ 😁

Has anyone within the media actually asked Pyke, Burton or Fagan did anything happen around the week of the ye?

2 and 8 is ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway
Why are we playing at this s**t hole ?

AFL should play 2 Vic sides there

It’s bulls**t

I wouldn't exactly call the ground a shithole, but it was an interesting choice playing us there. I guess with the Boomers playing trial matches at Marvel meant the game had to be one of the two played at Mars. Would've got about 30k if they played it at Marvel.

But our mentality is you need old guys to be able to compete. Look at Jones v Douglas.

The Bulldogs are 3 and a half years younger than us, do you think they got to this position by playing all kids exactly when they were ready? Whose future would you prefer right now? The one with the youngest team about to play finals or one of the oldest who has to now rebuild?

I think at mid season this year we were solid favorites to make the 8 and a chance for top 4. I don’t think you can dispute that?

Bulldogs were in a different spot heading into this season.

I think it was logical heading into the year to think 2018 was an outlier and we could get back to competing for a premiership.

The first half certainly did nothing to show that was definitively wrong.

After this second half collapse there can be no such illusion this offseason

We must rebuild

Question is do you burn it down as many espouse?

Or do you identify vets that actually can maintain a culture of trying to win and get rid of the malcontents and then mix in youth.

Everyone’s flavor today is Jones—but let’s be real. There is zero chance that kid would have survived 23 games against men week in and week out.

He isn’t physically mature enough

So you need to bring youth along—-yes, but there is a smart way to do it

Finishing 10-12 a couple years whilst you retool is not worse and I would argue far far better then becoming the next Carlton

True, but what the players deliver is what the coaching and thus morale asks of them. We were always losing ground with Pyke and support coaches. It didn't just begin this season. TVs just showed a graph of how our scoring has been disappearing since 2016. That's 4 seasons. And a lot of big mistakes have been made during that time, coaches, players leaving, players disgruntled, etc etc. it must be faced we have been steadily going down the gurgler. Big overhaul required. Don't settle for a patch up.
Game changed with 6-6-6 ......if you haven't a quick midfield, you're dead in the water

Remove this Banner Ad

Back