Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

An off season of Papley and Martin, with a couple of foot soldiers thrown in to bolster the midfield would be a decent haul.
If we get those two, I can't see us bringing in a gun mid without losing someone we don't particularly want to.

We need to make sure we don’t overpay for Papley in this scenario as Swans will forward our pick/s to * which they will use on trying to obtain Crouch/Wines as well.

I don't reckon they give a s**t at Club land to be honest. It seems more like a supporter issue.

I can see the following happening:

With 1 minute to go Essendon finally except's Sydney's offer as they wanted that 6th round pick included.
Carlton and Sydney run out of time to do the Papley deal
And we walk away from trade period with only a couple of foot soldiers and a fine from AFL for not paying the appropriate amount of salary cap....

With 1 minute to go Essendon finally except's Sydney's offer as they wanted that 6th round pick included.

which is OK as *won't have time to do a deal for Wines and will have to take the picks to the draft. We'd not run out of time as we'd be giving Sydney the capital to complete the deal and Papley would be tied to that.

But I get the point that Dodoro seems to hold everything up with his haggling over loose ends before finally caving.

Can not underestimate how much the additions of Martin, Papley and potentially Betts would bring to our side and game plan.

Papley and Betts alone would give us an extra 2-3 goals a game, not to mention their outstanding goal assist/score involvement work.

They'd also add excitement, pressure and actual small forward craft to play off our talls - making Charlie, Harry, Levi and Mitch better in the process.

Martin meanwhile would add a missing dynamic to our midfield - providing class and dash off the centre square and cream entries into the F50 - two things we're badly lacking.

Add Darcy Cameron in as a foil/backup to TDK, Flip and Big Kreuz, and we're very well placed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An off season of Papley and Martin, with a couple of foot soldiers thrown in to bolster the midfield would be a decent haul.
If we get those two, I can't see us bringing in a gun mid without losing someone we don't particularly want to.

Would be ecstatic with a trade period of Papley and Martin...with some foot soldiers like Gray and Cameron.

No we likely wouldn't be able to afford a gun mid, but i'm ok with that.
Hopefully extra year into our young mids will do the trick for 2020, then bring in a gun mid end of next year.

That would be a fantastic trade period for us. Papley and Martin will improve us dramatically.

Cripps Murphy and Ed can shoulder the load in the midfield with chop outs from Gibbons Kennedy Jsos Dow Walsh setterfield fisher Sps, who will all have another pre season under the belt. Our star mids are going to come from within

Lol no one gets the better of SOS ;)
He's the master at final day deals...remember Adelaide & GWS trying to squeeze us the last few years? SOS always holds his nerve.

Besides it seems widely acknowledged that SOS & Dodo are friends.

Hope Daniher leaves the scum then, will be a massive loss but I think Swans will pay a price that is overs for him, due to his injury issues. If that is what makes Papley one of us, then let’s hope that domino falls. Let’s hope Martin makes the right choice as well, the guy can be pure silk for us. Need to unlock that talent

Except sydney would likely need our pick for it to happen. Hence unless that papley trade happens the daniher one wont either.

Counter to the Cripps hypothetical...

Cripps frustrated that his career to date has had more losses than wins... he wants to win and to be successful.... So would you expect such a man to actually want to go to GC?? If Cripps is ever going to go anywhere I'd put the money on a reverse Judd and him going to WA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back