Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloane - 30 in March
Lynch - 29 this month
Talia - 28 next month
Smith - 28 in January

So basically what they are saying is that Adelaide will win the flag in the next 2-3 years.

...and they won't be trading in any first 22 players in that time - just three new draftees and they're there!

Would love someone to explain this to me, being out of the Adelaide bubble. Our two Clubs are both serial failures in recent times, GF appearance not withstanding. One is lauded for threatening to throw the entire organisation out with the bathwater, yet the other is told to keep recycling theirs and that it's only the fans holding them back. What gives?

Would love someone to explain this to me, being out of the Adelaide bubble. Our two Clubs are both serial failures in recent times, GF appearance not withstanding. One is lauded for threatening to throw the entire organisation out with the bathwater, yet the other is told to keep recycling theirs and that it's only the fans holding them back. What gives?

39ja8o.gif

We are a "small blue-collar club from the suburbs;" they are "The Pride of South Australia." Two distinct measuring sticks.*

----

*Not that I agree with this method.

And if Adelaide overhauls things they’ll be the New England Patriots.

If Port overhauls things we’ll all be transported back to 2011.

Port fans care too much, that's the mentality here. At the end of the day the Crows serve as this vessel to be interested in, but not a community club you are involved in. I think the state government just wants the Crows, 36ers, United (and Port) to just be sports-themed businesses. It is hard for their fans to love and identify with the club (as we are finding it hard to love and identify with the current administration of ours). The mentality here feels like Port fans care too much when they get uppity about "stuff out of their control", like the neat suits on the board know infinitely more than any average Port fan possibly could. It's just that insular small time mentality people always attribute to our state. Needless to say the media pedals these angles, in my opinion.

This is they'll win next year and Tex is gone. If it's a 2021 premiership team, then the quality of their first round pick from 2020 > Pick 26 from this year surely. Even being this stupid, they still manage to fail.

More interesting is given it's for the next 2-3 years no Premiership for Pyke. The team coaches itself obviously.

Though if they do one for us, they'd troll us further and put Coach: Ken Hinkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a lot of pressure and expectation on that pick 21 for the Crows. Not only will he have to hold down CHF, he’ll have to stay at the club. Asking a lot.
It's not like CHF is an important position, easy to find Premiership winning 20 year old CHF's at Pick 21.

If they actually use pick 3 rather than trade it, that player will carry the burden of The Highest Draft Pick In The History Of The Adelaide Football Club. No pressure, son.

Only for two years, then he'll * off.

To be honest all of the Newscorp metro papers are pretty much the same in their localized parochial cringey sh!te. Mate of mine who was running the Tiser got transferred to Brisbane to run the Courier Mail. Asked him how it was going, he said it was pretty easy because you basically did the exact same thing except swap the Broncos for the Crows.
Mr Weir? If so I know his old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back