Votes: 20 11.4%
  • Essendon 10+ to <30

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • Essendon 30+

Votes: 15 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You'll go a long way to find a worse behaved crowd than that in Perth. And it's not a one off.

yeah, nah...wasn't that hard

Not sure why the Nic Nat incident has become a VIC/WA slagging match. Can't see him getting suspended. I don't think anyone would get suspended for that, unless the guy was hurt when he went into the fence. It will be taken into account that his hair was pulled and it was a retaliation. Might get a fine and that's it. I have no idea why so many people here think he will be suspended.. No chance of that happening over this.

Totally agree. Nothing in it at all. I’d be even surprised if it gets sighted.

Shocked that there’s even a discussion about it really.

One thing I'll say.. is that after a game like that where a team applies zero pressure and it is a training run.. it can be bad preparation for the Geelong/Collingwood game, cause they sure as hell will apply a lot more pressure than Essendon did.

The Coasters will have had essentially 3 weeks off by the time they play some decent opposition. Could be in cruise mode and get rolled in the first quarter if they aren't switched on.
Your mob played Gold Coast and a tanking Essondon . Eagles Last few games against teams contending for finals positions . A light training run against Bombers might be the best thing to smash a heavy legged loser of a wet game slogfest in the Pies next week .

Lots of talk of the Nic Nat hair incident.

That incident pretty much sums Essendon up. It was a cheap shot by Merrett and when Nic Nat rag dolled him he played dead lying on the ground and refusing to get up and left the heavy lifting to his teammates.

If you are going to start something like that you better be there at the finish as well and Merrett squibbed it.

Last night was one of the worst defensive efforts I have ever seen.

Merrett did a silly thing and Naitanui overreacted. He’s lucky as Merrett wasn’t injured so will both just get fines. The supporter needs a ban.
The game went according to expectations.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merrett did a silly thing and Naitanui overreacted. He’s lucky as Merrett wasn’t injured so will both just get fines. The supporter needs a ban.
The game went according to expectations.

Yeah, he should have just accepted someone PULLING HIS HAIR.

It was a good effort essington to try and get that elusive finals win. 5479 days now since f*n lol. Might get a win somewhere in the next 5000 days or so haha

yes Melbourne have won a final in that time, but mate, it's a bit rich considering the Demons general performance in the 21st century

And great work AFL scheduling a 5 vs 8 as the very first final of the series in week night prime time. From what I watched of it in between breaks and half-time of the great Rabbitohs vs Roosters NRL, the final was a s**t game.

Let that be a ******* lesson next time to always open up a final series in thursday prime time with a quality qualifying final, rather than a 5th vs 8th game featuring a rundown no-hope. This game was a daylight 4th in the pecking order of sport last night. BL vs RIC would've been the shitza!

Are the vicco floggo media going to try get one of our players suspended again?
Nuthin to do with them being Victorian. The same flogs were 10 times worse in previous years about getting Hawthorn players suspended.

Anyways, Naitanui and Merrett will both receive fines. Haven’t people been paying attention this year? Everyone gets fined nowadays, whether you punch someone, bump them in the head or fart in the general direction of an umpire.

One thing I'll say.. is that after a game like that where a team applies zero pressure and it is a training run.. it can be bad preparation for the Geelong/Collingwood game, cause they sure as hell will apply a lot more pressure than Essendon did.

The Coasters will have had essentially 3 weeks off by the time they play some decent opposition. Could be in cruise mode and get rolled in the first quarter if they aren't switched on.
Yep you are correct, we can win at the MCG however you are correct, it will be a far harder game against the Pies or the Cats.

I know neither will get suspended but surely both SHOULD get suspended. Merrett was a dick for grabbing his hair and being a little bitch, but what Nic did wasn't a good look for a club thats family centred and wasn't a good look for a bloke that's supposed to be a child role model. Sure we would have reacted the same, but the fact he grabbed his throat and threw him into the fence is what makes this worse. For the look of the game and professionalism both SHOULD get suspended

Back