No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulls**t. It's not just an anthem. Along with our flag, it's symbolic of everything our diggers fought and died for. It's also a sign of respect for others, as opposed to only being conserned about yourself, as you obviously are.

Good to see you fight for an anthem enshrined under the Whitlam government and then reinstated by the Hawke government even if our diggers fought and died for another national anthem at the time they fought?

Good to see you show so much respect and reverence to an idea and decision of the Left.

It makes sense during the anzac day game when we're remembering the diggers.. But if the anthem comes on at harvey norman are you expecting everyone to take their hats off there too? Anyway I'll let you get back on your moral high horse now, i won't hold you up any longer!

I'd be happy to never see Geelong or Essendon in another final ever again. Their lousy finals efforts make for ordinary games of footy.

Gary Rohan's career summed up tonight. Kicks a good goal playing at FF, spuds it up one minute later from almost the same position, pulls a hammy, and finishes a final with 3 touches. Never change!

Pendles is the silkiest player I've seen in my lifetime

Poor game and dire result for those who have little respect for Collingwood.

Mods may wish to move the flag/ national anthem discussion elsewhere to a more appropriate location.

Question: Why did Hamish Mcdick ask people to take off their hats off for the national anthem 2nite? Am i missing something, i mean its not anzac day!
Because it's basic ******* respect. If a national anthem is played you remove your hat and stand at attention.
Exactly. So little respect and lack of love and pride for our country these days.
Bulls**t. It's not just an anthem. Along with our flag, it's symbolic of everything our diggers fought and died for. It's also a sign of respect for others, as opposed to only being conserned about yourself, as you obviously are.

The 'debate' was almost as interesting as the game. Well done folks.

robbieando noted the present anthem is there courtesy of a process brought on by the ALP. God save the Queen had been the previous anthem.

That anthem was divisive to see say the least. Inaccurate too as the Star 'Bungled' Banner had metaphorically taken over in this country by the 50s and 60s.

I was taught to not stand for that old anthem at the footy (or long ago in theatres where it was played at the end of the show/film). Many folk (some with Irish backgrounds) would not bend the knee to an English monarch. At school I was caned for not standing for that anthem.

The anthem today is a joke of a song. The popular choice at the time was actually Waltzing Mathilda - a song I would have sung with gusto.

The flag that Hanson and other folk wrap around themselves has itself gone through several changes over time. Personally I'm not into nationalism or flags, much less absurd markings of slaughter in wars orchestrated by rich people. I quite like the Aboriginal Flag but that is theirs.

I won't see it but one day I hope there will be no national flags or anthems.

I'd be happy to never see Geelong or Essendon in another final ever again. Their lousy finals efforts make for ordinary games of footy.

Gary Rohan's career summed up tonight. Kicks a good goal playing at FF, spuds it up one minute later from almost the same position, pulls a hammy, and finishes a final with 3 touches. Never change!

Pendles is the silkiest player I've seen in my lifetime

C88 nails it. To think we wasted so many games playing that bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jumper clash confusion all Geelong fault according to Eddie. Never mind the fact they refuse to wear a clash jumper.

AFL are so spineless they make a jellyfish look like an armadillo.

What sort of “professional” sport has handshake agreements. Eddie does whatever he wants and the AFL fall into line.

It's got me beat how the hell they smashed us so convincingly in the 2017 semi, when they were absolutely battered in the games before and after the one they played against us.
Because we had a s**t game plan and allowed Buddy to be double teamed and we kept kicking to a plus 1, another example of turd coaching at times by Horse.

It's got me beat how the hell they smashed us so convincingly in the 2017 semi, when they were absolutely battered in the games before and after the one they played against us.

They finished 2nd with same record but less % as the team that finished 1st.

They won their last 3 home and away games beating GWS by 44 points (who were 4th), Collingwood by 11 (13th) and Richmond by 14 (3rd and eventual premiers). So it was only the game (not games) before us and they were battered by the eventual premier (who were clearly better than us).

Not sure it’s that difficult to work out they were simply just a better team than us across 2017 and we ran out of juice after a terrible start to our year.

People act like a coach is a miracle wizard and a really good one can make any group of players premiers. It’s just not the case...

Because we had a s**t game plan and allowed Buddy to be double teamed and we kept kicking to a plus 1, another example of turd coaching at times by Horse.

You think Horse instructed the players to kick to the +1 Bedford?

That seems like a strange coaching move...

Richmond have obviously been unstoppable recently, but there's a few others that interest me too. The Bulldogs have ended the year in cracking form, they belted the Crows, Dockers, and Giants, beat the drug cheats by 104, had a competitive loss against top of the table Brisbane. Could they cause a couple of casualties?

The loss to Hawthorn aside, West Coast have looked very dangerous and obviously have a premiership experienced squad. And of course Brisbane, I think people are forgetting that the final round loss to Richmond was their first defeat since round 12 - in that time they took care of GWS, the Bulldogs, the Cats and several other strong teams.

Going to be a great finals series

Jumper clash confusion all Geelong fault according to Eddie. Never mind the fact they refuse to wear a clash jumper.

AFL are so spineless they make a jellyfish look like an armadillo.

It's not a clash , been like that for over 100 years , people need to go to OPSM !
The main issue here is the shorts are on the wrong teams. Geelong's more white top should have white shorts. Collingwood's more black top should have black shorts. But the all important AFL TRADITION means away team wears white shorts so we get stuck with ugly clashes. They should have made Collingwood wear black shorts or tell Geelong to make their darker kit their home kit

EDIT: Read somewhere that it was Geelong's decision to wear the darker shorts with the whiter top, which is absolutely a stupid decision by them not the AFL. Dumb by the AFL to sign off on it though

?You think Horse instructed the players to kick to the +1 Bedford

That seems like a strange coaching move...

Correct. AFL Players are not immune to being dumb, predictable or habitual. Can happen at Suburban through to AFL Level. I spent enough Saturdays adding to stress and anxiety levels not to mention adding to the grey highlights in my hair to vouch for it. Coaches don't instruct players to commit the same stupid mistakes that outsiders will keep blaming them for. Its ridiculous to think otherwise.

Pies can’t win it

Not enough scoring power and there defence won’t hold a Richmond or Wce

There draw side is easier so I wouldn’t be surprised now to see them make it

De goey even though might only be tightness is underdone and will struggle to make an impact
I don't know, Moore makes a huge difference to their back 6 which I actually rate pretty highly. Stephenson back and an in form Elliot makes their forward line a lot more dangerous. They were scoring pretty freely last night when the game was hot early.

For me they are maybe the only team who can really trouble Richmond at the MCG.

EDIT: need De Goey to be fit though*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back