List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brando does go to GC I can see why they would pays overs for him. Good character, from a club with a great culture. And would add to their ability to compete week in, week out, for years.

What they really need more than anything is to build their culture. Brando would be worth extra just for that.
Gold coast should recruit
The selwood brothers

It was reported on SEN this morning that Essendon has entered the race for Ellis. Can't understand why, he's the last thing they need. Classic Dodoro.

Papley would be a great get for Carlton.
Just what the Bombers need another outside runner. It's at this time of yr some Middle table Clubs get desperate & have to be seen doing something.

Carlton won't get Papley, Sydney desperately want to keep him & he's contracted for 4 yrs.

yeah definitely agree, I can't see how we would go to him with an offer of $200k given his service to the club, premiership player, average wage etc.

which brings us back to the initial point that if we are working off an offer from us of $300k at a minimum then Tony is suggesting Gold Coast are offering $800 - $900k a year.

would be a good compo if true!
$900k per year over 5 years would equate to a compo pick straight after our first round, which equates to an end of first round if we win the flag. Only difference is that our pick would be ahead of anyone who got an end of first round compo pick.

nope AFL WONT GIVE US A 3RD ROUNDER, AS TIGERS will tell them they will up their offer causing brandon to stay and GCS will miss out,AFL,TIGERS BOTH WANT HIM TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER WHICH WILL BE GCS.

I am reluctant to pay for older players like S Higgins, but we are in a golden generation of some Tiger players and must strike to try and win as many flags while we still have them close to their peak.

In these scenarios I'd be happy to risk our late 1st round pick and gamble on Higgins for a couple of years.
Get your point but I think Higgins is too old... If we're good enough to win a premiership this year sans Rance...then i'd rather focus on succession planning.

E.g. Bringing in players like Lynch who's not only high quality but also is young enough to be at his peak when Reiwoldt retires.

On POT-LX1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Ellis stays then if he prefers to stay.
Never thought he was mercenary.
Grigg, Butler and one further to delist/trade.

surely the huns want tough players not outside wingers

Good character is the key. And an ability to produce AFL level performances regularly.

Their #1 thing has got to be building a good culture. GWS focused on that up front and have done well. GC got in some pricks and FIGJAMs (although GAJ is arguably actually the GOAT, so FIGJAM is correct). It's not talent they need, it's a good culture for their players to grow into.

Brando will be exactly what they want. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he became one of their leaders if he goes.

If Ellis wants to stay, I hope he becomes a career player at RFC.
The third player, to delist/trade, may well be Weller unfortunately.
Weller would have known full well, when he signed on, as a mid-late career player, that careers are not indefinite.
Next year would be the crunch year for, in order, Markov, Menadue, Moore.

Good character is the key. And an ability to produce AFL level performances regularly.

Their #1 thing has got to be building a good culture. GWS focused on that up front and have done well. GC got in some pricks and FIGJAMs (although GAJ is arguably actually the GOAT, so FIGJAM is correct). It's not talent they need, it's a good culture for their players to grow into.

Brando will be exactly what they want. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he became one of their leaders if he goes.
By all reports, Ellis dominates the track. Extremely strong work ethic and hard trainer. Highly rated character too. He would be a good fit for a young list even if he's worth isn't entirely in his on field performance.

Good mates with Ellis' cousin. Ellis is keen to stay in Melbourne. Mainly family reasons, doesn't mean he couldn't be lured interstate though I guess. If the money is big enough then could be a good option. He would go well at the suns.

I’m really struggling with this whole “family reasons” business, whether it’s a mid-20’s player like Ellis or Danger, or a 20 year old like Lukosius.

Now I like to think that I love my family as much as the next guy. But when in their 20’s and, for these guys at least, at the peak earning period of their entire life, surely cashing in on natural-gifted skills to set up the next 50 years of their life should be the advice of the managers. Seriously, they’re a 2 hour flight away and can Skype their family every day nowadays if they want to be in each other’s business constantly.

How would a young oerson in the armed forces react to this need for attachment of grown men? Soldiers are often moved to completely other parts of the world, at short notice, for extended periods of time, on a fraction of the salary, and without access to the means of communication with home or pampered support of an AFL club. Or young engineers or drivers who work in the mining industry - they can’t just move the mine to Moggs Creek just to be near family while they earn copious amounts.

Time for managers to start advising these young blokes to cut the apron strings I reckon.

Brando, we’ve appreciated your input, but if the club are to fully benefit from your departure, you’re going north young man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back