Review 2019 AFL National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

They received last years pick 54.

Lions receive pick 54 From North Melbourne
Kangas receive a future round 4 pick From Brisbane Lions

Sorry mate, I meant when you said our picks were "locked in" had you heard they weren't getting any concessions but then I realised I mixed up the Bears and the Suns.

Sorry mate, I meant when you said our picks were "locked in" had you heard they weren't getting any concessions but then I realised I mixed up the Bears and the Suns.
Ah fair enough. Yeah they are locked in for now until the AFL gives the GC a PP. Just wanted to post that they were locked in as our 4th round pick was still tied to the Lions finishing position.

Do we trade some future picks to get into the top 30 this year?

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

The answer is obvious, but lets not start another argument in here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we trade some future picks to get into the top 30 this year?

Probably three different ways to go about it:

- Trade our current first for multiple selections inside the top 20.
- Trade next years first to try get multiple selection inside the top 20? or just for one additional top 10 pick (a club might be willing to bet that we'll finish bottom 4 next year)
- Trade out Wood, Higgins or both? (pick inside 30 for Wood, Pick inside 15 for Higgins)

We are flogging a dead horse if we think 2 picks inside the top 35 every year, while topping up on role players is going to lead us to glory.

Probably three different ways to go about it:

- Trade our current first for multiple selections inside the top 20.
- Trade next years first to try get multiple selection inside the top 20? or just for one additional top 10 pick (a club might be willing to bet that we'll finish bottom 4 next year)
- Trade out Wood, Higgins or both? (pick inside 30 for Wood, Pick inside 15 for Higgins)

We are flogging a dead horse if we think 2 picks inside the top 35 every year, while topping up on role players is going to lead us to glory.
I still think we can combine all 3 and really attack this draft. That's what builds eras of sustained success, groups of elite talent coming though together.

I still think we can combine all 3 and really attack this draft. That's what builds eras of sustained success, groups of elite talent coming though together.
Next year's draft is stuffed, trade our 1st next year and back the club to improve. Actually take a calculated risk for a change.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back