No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting throwaway line regarding Hawthorn being linked to Dougal Howard. I hope we are interested in him, he'd be a great compliment to our backline and potential heir to Chip Frawley. I'm here for Jamie Elliot on the free too.

The reality is that the way the Hawks keep their cards close to their chest, we won't have concrete information on our targets or plans for trade period until right before or when they eventuate.

Interesting throwaway line regarding Hawthorn being linked to Dougal Howard. I hope we are interested in him, he'd be a great compliment to our backline and potential heir to Chip Frawley. I'm here for Jamie Elliot on the free too.

The reality is that the way the Hawks keep their cards close to their chest, we won't have concrete information on our targets or plans for trade period until right before or when they eventuate.
yeah normally we hear about it only when the player requests the move and thats normally the week of it starting. Based on Connors comments on the Trade Radio show though think Patton announcement will be early next week

On a positive note, all of these underwhelming players getting paid ridiculous overs only bodes well for us in 5 years time when suddenly we are the only club in the league with room in the cap. When the star players getting drafted right now are starting to come of age they will be forced out of these stupid clubs straight into our lap.

On a positive note, all of these underwhelming players getting paid ridiculous overs only bodes well for us in 5 years time when suddenly we are the only club in the league with room in the cap. When the star players getting drafted right now are starting to come of age they will be forced out of these stupid clubs straight into our lap.

Don't forget GWS and Gold Coast. They will have plenty of room in their cap too.

Yep expansion at all costs bad for the game. You have a s**teload of super players at GWS noone gives two fks about.

It's Crazy to think they couldn't even fill 17,000 members tickets for the G.F, i thought they had 30k members a flawed number

G.W.S - Have 5 guys on super money around the 1million dollar mark, what will the A.F.L do when the Pies,Bombers,Cats come chasing Cameron next yr.
Gold Coast - Will now get this yr number 1&2 picks reward for building a poor culture and not retaining there players Prestia,Caddy,Bennell,Omeara,Lynch,Saad,May,Broughton,Hall, to name a few.

The A.F.L wont stop until they are both a powerhouse, at the expense of comp imagine how good the league would be if the talent was spread out.

It's Crazy to think they couldn't even fill 17,000 members tickets for the G.F, i thought they had 30k members a flawed number

G.W.S - Have 5 guys on super money around the 1million dollar mark, what will the A.F.L do when the Pies,Bombers,Cats come chasing Cameron next yr.
Gold Coast - Will now get this yr number 1&2 picks reward for building a poor culture and not retaining there players Prestia,Caddy,Bennell,Omeara,Lynch,Saad,May,Broughton,Hall, to name a few.

The A.F.L wont stop until they are both a powerhouse, at the expense of comp imagine how good the league would be if the talent was spread out.
Broughton??? Drafted in the rookie draft to Fremantle and traded to Gold Coast and then delisted no retention issues there, also they could not push Hall out quick enough to North Melbourne

Pictures or it didn't happen.;)
And if you've got one with a Tiger in it even better.

Haha funny you say that... One of the lads I work with professionally brought out his phone for a few pictures, then one of the boys I played footy with gave him the stern "put that away here"... It's one of those unsaid things when on bux or footy trips, no evidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no real news from Barrett on Lunchtime show re: Elliott to Hawks. Asked about him and Hawthorn and said that there does seem to be something brewing without him signed by Collingwood at this point of the year but Pies wont want to lose him and Buckley saying he will be drawn to the fact he is comfortable at the club. Said Hawks are interested but so are others.

Literally said nothing we didnt already know but figured I would post in here

I think it could work, it is a very different dynamic to what we built our 3-peat around but no one in that list besides Patton is slow. Would rarely have all 6 of those in the same forward line as well. We need to become a bigger scoring threat and Elliot is one of the best offensive small forwards in the game.

Yeah agree. We would need a player like Puop in there making sure it doesnt come out too quickly

Don't forget GWS and Gold Coast. They will have plenty of room in their cap too.
Not if they both become dominant (Doubt it will happen for a while with Gold Coast but still). The clubs will make plenty of noise which would result in Gil backing down from propping them up. As a club you need to be able to manage your finances properly without assistance which we will find out 1 day.

Broughton??? Drafted in the rookie draft to Fremantle and traded to Gold Coast and then delisted no retention issues there, also they could not push Hall out quick enough to North Melbourne

Fair enough take Broughton out you got the general jist, there is plenty of other players not included on that list
Hall is a example of never reaching his potential one of many under there watch

Fair enough take Broughton out you got the general jist, there is plenty of other players not included on that list
Hall is a example of never reaching his potential one of many under there watch
GWS have lost a lot more players than GC, but GWS develop their players better so when they leave they often get 2 first rounders where Gold Coast get very little.

no real news from Barrett on Lunchtime show re: Elliott to Hawks. Asked about him and Hawthorn and said that there does seem to be something brewing without him signed by Collingwood at this point of the year but Pies wont want to lose him and Buckley saying he will be drawn to the fact he is comfortable at the club. Said Hawks are interested but so are others.

Literally said nothing we didnt already know but figured I would post in here

Thanks for re-affirming my decision to not listen to 'Trade Radio' until Free Agency and the Trade Period actually start :D

GWS have lost a lot more players than GC, but GWS develop their players better so when they leave they often get 2 first rounders where Gold Coast get very little.

I'd say the loss of overall talent is about the same. GWS shed a lot of crap players to Carlton - but the ones that have left the Gold Coast hurt them more.

Thanks for re-affirming my decision to not listen to 'Trade Radio' until Free Agency and the Trade Period actually start :D
Think you mean Tom Morris on Fox live chat - trade radio starts Monday, just did a 1 hour launch this morning

I'd say the loss of overall talent is about the same. GWS shed a lot of crap players to Carlton - but the ones that have left the Gold Coast hurt them more.

GWS have lost a lot of quality players too. Adams, Treloar, Shiel, Smith, Steele, Scully is an elite midfield group on its own. Then add in guys like Wilson, Hombsch, Lobb, Hoskin-Elliott and solid players like Frost, Setterfield, Tyson, McCarthy, Boyd, Marchbank, Kennedy, Ahern. I don't know if I'm missing any others too. And a whole other bunch of high draft talent that hasn't turned out but they've at least moved on (JOR, Pickett etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back