No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is going on with all the random Elliott news? Our board deadset has become a basket case, how about everyone STFU and stop feeding posters here BS... It's getting so frustrating, unless you have cred get back in your hole and stay there.

It’s odd, as much as Elliott would be a good pick up, I can’t really envisage him in a Hawks jumper.

North insiders confident that their bid will be too good for Elliot to refuse.
Make of that what you will given we are entering the "mine is bigger than yours" phase of season.
Again if he has chosen us all we need to do is make an offer that's good enough to override what Norf is offering, he wants 3 to 4 years not after millions from what I've heard.

North insiders confident that their bid will be too good for Elliot to refuse.
Make of that what you will given we are entering the "mine is bigger than yours" phase of season.

As much as some are disappointed that we don’t play the pay overs for the free agent game - just imagine how much more embarrassing it would be to be Norf and throw ludicrous money at every player that breathes.

It’s odd, as much as Elliott would be a good pick up, I can’t really envisage him in a Hawks jumper.

I bloody can, he is a legit star when fit... I would love him, and I genuinely feel he is an intelligent guy (from people who know him) who thinks quite deeply. I think it will likely come down to money and if that's the case we will probably be beaten to the punch, would be a shame as he would make us unbelievably dynamic.

Not sure Elliott and Breust in the same forward line is desired. Patton, Lewis, Gunston, Breust, TOB and adding Elliott would make our forward line pretty slow

Not sure Elliott and Breust in the same forward line is desired. Patton, Lewis, Gunston, Breust, TOB and adding Elliott would make our forward line pretty slow
I think it could work, it is a very different dynamic to what we built our 3-peat around but no one in that list besides Patton is slow. Would rarely have all 6 of those in the same forward line as well. We need to become a bigger scoring threat and Elliot is one of the best offensive small forwards in the game.

I think it could work, it is a very different dynamic to what we built our 3-peat around but no one in that list besides Patton is slow. Would rarely have all 6 of those in the same forward line as well. We need to become a bigger scoring threat and Elliot is one of the best offensive small forwards in the game.
Agree. Would work. Get it done Wrighty. As I always say, if he wants Hawthorn, we'll make it happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh?

Collingwood has joined the race for Port Adelaide defender Dougall Howard, according to a report.

Just a week after Essendon and Hawthorn were also reported to have declared their interest in the Power star, the Magpies are now fighting to secure the under-contract star’s signature.

Howard has two seasons still to run on his contract, but the Power are reportedly open to letting the 23-year-old break his contract early.

I did say the twilight zone was coming...

If crouch and Elliot offers are even in the ballpark we into a new era of AFL contracts, inflated by the AFL no cap policy at the expansion clubs. But a player willing to go to gcs at the moment is basically saying they don't care about premierships. Any player who contemplates that isn't someone we want at Hawthorn.

I did say the twilight zone was coming...

If crouch and Elliot offers are even in the ballpark we into a new era of AFL contracts, inflated by the AFL no cap policy at the expansion clubs. But a player willing to go to gcs at the moment is basically saying they don't care about premierships. Any player who contemplates that isn't someone we want at Hawthorn.
To be fair. If you're a bloke like Brandon Ellis, you have to take that and bank that s**t.

Again if he has chosen us all we need to do is make an offer that's good enough to override what Norf is offering, he wants 3 to 4 years not after millions from what I've heard.
No we don't.

All we need to do is offer him a contract that he accepts - if he wants to play for & he's chosen us then the Norf offer is irrelevant.

No we don't.

All we need to do is offer him a contract that he accepts - if he wants to play for & he's chosen us then the Norf offer is irrelevant.
yeah think what he meant was we need to make something attractive enough to entice him away from their big coin. The actual numbers are irrelevant though if he wants to come here and we are offering less money than North but still enough he is happy then it gets done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back