Quirks in the tale to 2019 glory

Remove this Banner Ad

Rifles

All Australian
Apr 11, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Inspired by Rodney D's sensational stranger in the bar discussion post on the main premiership thread, I thought it would be fun to pick out the twists and turns in our journey to premiership glory in 2019. Some sliding door moments, game changers and unexpected success from adversity.

I always go back to the failed Trelol trade. Means we net Rioli, a catalyst of our famed forward pressure but most significantly we trade for Prestia. Not only did the dominos then fall for netting caddy and Graham but Lynch as a FA in 2018 given the GC connection.

The list is long for 2019. Share your thoughts. Go you bloody tigers!!

The sliding doors moment for us came when I decided to put my 2018 clash gold logo guernsey on for the first time in 2019. From that point on we didn’t lose a game and I wore the guernsey to every game 😉

I had decided it was curses after our prelim in 2018 so went back to the home strip start of 2019 😎

Sydney Stack going mental in the saints game mid year. We were down by 4 goals at one point, but he kicked like 4, took a hanger, and we finally got ourselves going in the last quarter. If we lose that game, even if every other game follows what happened, we miss top 4. But I think it probably goes even worse than that if we lost.

Inspired by Rodney D's sensational stranger in the bar discussion post on the main premiership thread, I thought it would be fun to pick out the twists and turns in our journey to premiership glory in 2019. Some sliding door moments, game changers and unexpected success from adversity.

I always go back to the failed Trelol trade. Means we net Rioli, a catalyst of our famed forward pressure but most significantly we trade for Prestia. Not only did the dominos then fall for netting caddy and Graham but Lynch as a FA in 2018 given the GC connection.

The list is long for 2019. Share your thoughts. Go you bloody tigers!!

The way Rance handled doing his knee immediately maybe set the tone to win the flag

Yes, then we celebrate 90 years since the 1932 flag, 50 years since 1973 & 74 flags.

Bang .... a 6 pack!!!
Just be careful what you wish for. If history repeated itself exactly, then Dusty will go off the rails next year, and the team will trade him in a straight swap for Fyfe. Everyone will be up in arms, though Fyfe will win another Brownlow in 2021. Unfortunately we won't make a Granny till 1972 when we get smashed by Carlton. Admittedly, then we'd go back to back, but I'd rather history doesn't quite repeat itself like that.

In October 2006,, after 7 years of coaching ex Essendon premiership player bomber Thompson's coaching career At the crossroads
Geelong do a huge internal review,,, they grab neil balme from Collingwood,, and appoint him head football at Geelong
They then win flags in 2007,,,,2009,,,,2011,,
TEN YEARS LATER
in October 2016 after 7 years of coaching ex Essendon premiership player Damian Hardwick coaching career At the crossroads
Richmond do a huge internal review, they grab neil balme from Collingwood and appoint him head of football at Richmond.
Ricmond win flags in 2017,,,,2019,,,

In the words of Shirley bassey LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY REPEATING

In

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In October 2006,, after 7 years of coaching ex Essendon premiership player bomber Thompson's coaching career At the crossroads
Geelong do a huge internal review,,, they grab neil balme from Collingwood,, and appoint him head football at Geelong
TEN YEARS LATER
in October 2016 after 7 years of coaching ex Essendon premiership player Damian Hardwick coaching career At the crossroads
Richmond do a huge internal review, they grab neil balme from Collingwood and appoint him head of football at Richmond.

In
bean collapses.gif laughing.gif it's happening.gif

Just be careful what you wish for. If history repeated itself exactly, then Dusty will go off the rails next year, and the team will trade him in a straight swap for Fyfe. Everyone will be up in arms, though Fyfe will win another Brownlow in 2021. Unfortunately we won't make a Granny till 1972 when we get smashed by Carlton. Admittedly, then we'd go back to back, but I'd rather history doesn't quite repeat itself like that.
You forgot the part where Dusty will play exactly 2 games for Freo in 2021, get traded to Carlton, become a star in 10 games, have a huge blow up with the coach at half-time of the last game of the season, quit then and there, and go and play in the SANFL.

TEN YEARS LATER

In
So in other words we get done by the injuries in the prelim again next year, Dimma steps down and we appoint Chris Scott? No thank you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back