List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

The reality is we don't need anyone.
Our list is very healthy and we need to start blooding our younger players.
Bringing in guy's like Jones isn't worth it, we need to keep Kmac at all costs and play him in Ellis's spot.
Pump games into Stack, Ross, Naish and Balta and our future is looking right.

if you make a under 23/24 thats a good way of working out what should be drafted perhaps

They select a (potentially) very good player at 4.

Then a bid will come in for Tom Green at 5 or later, which they will match with points.

If they didn't do this, 12+18 would've been absorbed by a Green bid and they'd only get 1 top 10 player.
But unless they are trading players out for more picks, they won't have enough points.
If a bid comes in the top 10, which is likely, they need 1000-1500 points to match.
They have picks 40 & 60, worth only 575 combined. That's a huge deficit to take into 2020, along with no first rounder.

But unless they are trading players out for more picks, they won't have enough points.
If a bid comes in the top 10, which is likely, they need 1000-1500 points to match.
They have picks 40 & 60, worth only 575 combined. That's a huge deficit to take into 2020, along with no first rounder.
They get a discount because he's an academy player so that helps.

And they'll also trade out some players Patton and Bonar for picks. They know they're doing, they'll do it easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully if we get pick 37 for Butler can can group two of those picks together and move up into the early 20s

He’s uncontracted so won’t be leaving for much if anything.

Supposedly we’re into Sam Murray. Not sure what we see but it’s an interesting one. Don’t think we need someone like him

A tall defender like marchbank for mine as all our defenders are 27-28+ leave tall forward for another year with CCJ and chol as reserves

I really like the potential of CCJ but he regrets signing a 2 year contract earlier this year. Was pretty stoked to debut against Essendon and knows his playing some good footy in the twos but not confident in too many games next year. Too much competition ahead of him were his words and he’s pretty keen to go back to SA. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with him next year but hopefully he gets given some opportunity

They get a discount because he's an academy player so that helps.

And they'll also trade out some players Patton and Bonar for picks. They know they're doing, they'll do it easily.
20% discount?
With that its still 1500 points if bid at 5, which is where many experts rate him. Likely to go later, but still 1014 points if bid at 12.
But yes, I agree, they'll get extra picks from somewhere to get the points.

I really like the potential of CCJ but he regrets signing a 2 year contract earlier this year. Was pretty stoked to debut against Essendon and knows his playing some good footy in the twos but not confident in too many games next year. Too much competition ahead of him were his words and he’s pretty keen to go back to SA. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with him next year but hopefully he gets given some opportunity
Jesus these kids are impatient!
He is still a baby and he is hardly dominating the VFL, does he wan't a long career with the Premiers or to play for the Crows and go through all the bullshit associated with that club? I suppose he is pissed off for not playing in the GF also?

He is still a baby and he is hardly dominating the VFL, does he wan't a long career with the Premiers or to play for the Crows and go through all the bullshit associated with that club? I suppose he is pi**ed off for not playing in the GF also?

Really? I don't know many patient 19-20 year olds.

It's a no brainer. If they don't make this trade, then they have to use BOTH 12 + 18 for Green.

By doing this, they get 2 players instead of 1.

So how is this a bad deal then? Both gws and the crows get what they want

He is still a baby and he is hardly dominating the VFL, does he wan't a long career with the Premiers or to play for the Crows and go through all the bullshit associated with that club? I suppose he is pi**ed off for not playing in the GF also?

Agreed but I got the impression he’s not too clicky with the boys so probably Crows would fit him to a tee. He loves the Balt and reckon he’s the next big thing but I’m pretty sure we all already think that..

Fun fact - was that he was celebrating until 5:30am at the club on the Monday morning after the VFL GF and passed Dimma on the way out. Dimma didn’t care but wanted all the VFL boys back at 9am for training. Farkkk we support a good club!

Last edited:
Can't win them all I suppose. We got Nank when he was ready to make the next step. Soldo arriving has been a bonus.
Sounds like even if CCJ does get reasonable opportunity next year he wants back to SA regardless.

Agreed but I got the impression he’s not too clicky with the boys so probably Crows would fit him to a tee. He loves the Balt and reckon he’s the next big thing but I’m pretty sure we all already think that..

Fun fact - was that he was celebrating until 5:30pm at the club on the Monday morning after the VFL GF and passed Dimma on the way out. Dimma didn’t care but wanted all the VFL boys back at 9am for training. Farkkk we support a good club!
Surprised he isn't all that connected with the boy's, it has a lot to do with age and maturity also.

Short. Garthwaite. DES.
Turner. Chol. Naish.
Stack. Ross. Higgins#
Rioli. Balta. George.
Bolton. CCJ. Baker.
Soldo. RCD. Graham.

Miller.
English.
Menadue(?)
MArkov(?)
Moore(?)
Butler(?)

some more quality bigs or mids would be nice but they are not easy to acquire

Really? I don't know many patient 19-20 year olds.

they are less patient now too because in the TAC cup they are told they are afl ready when they get there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back