List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Another dumb decision, average player at senior level

I don’t mind Aish but don’t rate him top class. Definitely an AFL footballer, so it all depends what you pay for him at the trade table and also contract wise. I would rate him around pick 20 and $350-400k pa. I have a feeling Freo will pay more for him on both counts.

I don’t mind Aish but don’t rate him top class. Definitely an AFL footballer, so it all depends what you pay for him at the trade table and also contract wise. I would rate him around pick 20 and $350-400k pa. I have a feeling Freo will pay more for him on both counts.

pick 20 and 350-400k does not compute with Ellis

Think they cooled on freo

I agree, Aish to Freo is turning the club into a tip.

Few players there would have to consider start exiting apart from Hill in the next few years.

Talk about junk time when people are mentioning Rupert Wills

It always amazing me the ways Collingwood try to attempt to dump their garbage

How many games has Danispud played in the last 2 years, now he is the world greatest forward?

Only at Essendon can you get delusion levels this HIGH, must be the Dank Kool-aid they have in the back refrigerator!

Just five in each of 2018 and 2019, and they are baulking at Sam Reid as a bit fragile. Geez Essendon live on another planet for most of the week and then visit and pretend to know this world.

Do do you think a mature player 350-400K is worth pick 20 in a normal draft??

I didn't say that, you did. I'm saying you don't compare what someone is worth in the trade hemisphere to the Free Agency compensation guidelines. I'm not saying it's right, but it is what it is. To base an argument on the two systems is stupid, fun to watch, but stupid all the same.

Not sure it has been mentioned, but Ollie Wines has asked if a trade could be facilitated to the blues. Is this something we could get in on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should, he likes the Tiges. Though he is having discipline issues I believe, it's how he rolls outside of footy. Good culture might be good for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overall the trade period has been dead boring let's be honest, from our point of view it is fantastic seeing how desperate the other Clubs are, i don't miss waiting to see which C grade player we'll get to be the messiah or "Doozy" as other Clubs are doing atm. Some rather average players have become Superstars over the last week or so it seems...

Do do you think a mature player 350-400K is worth pick 20 in a normal draft??

For a 23 year old yes(Aish is 23, will be 24 at the start of next season.) Say the same contract is given to a 26yo, he might only be worth a pick in the low 30’s. So I guess they are really recruiting a 24yo and I might downgrade him a few spots for that, worth about pick 23. I suspect his contract offer might be at least $450k though and Freo might cough up pick 18 or equivalent value for him.

Pick 20? In the rookie draft maybe

For a 23 year old yes(Aish is 23, will be 24 at the start of next season.) Say the same contract is given to a 26yo, he might only be worth a pick in the low 30’s. So I guess they are really recruiting a 24yo and I might downgrade him a few spots for that, worth about pick 23. I suspect his contract offer might be at least $450k though and Freo might cough up pick 18 or equivalent value for him.

Pick 20 for a fringe role player that is still unproven?

I guess I might be biased it I think theres not much difference between Menadue and Dish so I am not really rating Aish a 350-400K player

Last edited:
feels like St Kilda are really trying to force success and wins by overpaying a heap of players to come to the club.

they want to keep the masses happy, not sure how it will pan out for them though.

Pick 20 for a fringe role player that is still unproven?

In my opinion Aish is a genuine AFL level footballer, reads the play well, is a good ball user and good runner. He also offers some versatility. Collingwood is a strong club and he sat comfortably in their best 22 when fit over the last couple of seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back