List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton was approached to consider a shock trade for Port Adelaide skipper Ollie Wines
In one of the biggest shocks of the trade period, Carlton was asked to weigh up making a play for Port Adelaide co-captain Ollie Wines, by the player’s own camp.

Carlton was approached to consider a shock trade for Ollie Wines.
In a surprising development, the Herald Sun has confirmed the Blues were asked to weigh up making a play for the Port Adelaide co-captain.

But despite how appealing a Patrick Cripps-Ollie Wines engine room might look, Carlton is not considering it as an option in this trade period.

The Blues are conscious of their need for speed and instead remain committed to trade targets Tom Papley, Jack Martin and Eddie Betts.

Sources familiar with the left-field approach — which came around two weeks ago — said it came from the Wines camp, rather than the Power.

Port officials have this year repeatedly denied Wines was up for trade. He is contracted at Alberton until the end of 2022.

The strong-bodied onballer endured a difficult 2019 season, managing only 12 games. He dislocated a shoulder while water-skiing in the pre-season; broke a leg in round seven and then broke a thumb in round 17.

He was then overlooked at selection for an immediate AFL return after recovering from the thumb injury before coming in as a late inclusion.

Wines grew up in Echuca as a mad Carlton supporter. His great uncle Clinton Wines played 39 games for the Blues between 1945—1946, including the “Bloodbath” 1945 VFL premiership.

Port Adelaide football manager Chris Davies last month telling the Herald Sun: “Ollie isn’t asking for any of this to be spoken about, he hasn’t suggested he wants to go anywhere, we don’t want him to go anywhere.

“It isn’t anything anyone is considering so it should be shut down.”

But multiple sources confirmed an approach to the Blues was made.

Wines was made a co-captain at Port Adelaide with Tom Jonas in February, but despite still having another three years to run on his current deal, has been the subject of increasing speculation.

Wines, 25, has played 141 games for the Power since being taken at pick 7 in the 2012 national draft.

Hang on, I thought they all loved each other and were brothers in arms, with their coach being a happy, loving father figure who isn't a narcissist at all.

That was exposed as a rort when they tried to trade Trelol'r for the No.1 draft pick

"Trade Radio" consists of exactly the same hacks that we get during the football season but just under a different guise.

How does that saying go? Something about doing the same thing and thinking you'll get a different result?

Don't expect much more than you read on BigFooty and you won't be disappointed.

THE_GUN Uncle Leo contacted me regarding his young nephew Jake Riccardi telling me he went well at the combine and his phone is running hot ready for the ND. He wants him at North , but I told him Richmond needs him for when Jack retires.lol.Collingwood have him in their sights big time and Dad would be pi**ed if he went there. He reckons his Dad could cope with Richmond bc of their great culture and they’re also in a golden era. He also said Dusty makes young players around him play over and above they’re expectations and he would benefit being at Tigerland.
Great to hear mate , I have heard the pies interest from a mate who is a nice guy apart from the fact he supports the pies that they have interest in him
my mate is a woodsmen member and gets a bit of info from the club and his name has been mentioned, hope he gets drafted :thumbsu:

In 2010 I'd say nobody thought that Riewoldt Cotchin Edwards Rance Martin Astbury & Grimes would end up being the players that they have become, in fact I'd say that a few years after that there would have been doubts about a couple of them with Astbury and Grimes suffering ongoing injuries early on and even Dusty not really clicking until about 5 years later. Even as late as the end of 2016 I'd say there were still people questioning if they would reach their full potential. Just because you might not rate them at present it doesn't mean they can't all of a sudden click.

Really? I think a lot of people thought (hoped) Riewoldt, Rance, Cotchin, Martin, (Deledio) would be the tigers premiership core- in fact there are probable thousands of posts on this Richmond board discussing the possibility of it.

In his first season Dusty was a beast. His fitness wasn't at the required level but he was already a contested animal - '16 was a disappointing season but there were plenty of positivism the three previous with the finals runs

The saints could win a few flags in the future and have the core of a great side but im not convinced. Would rather be in Melbourne or Carlton shoes, seem to have more young talent for mine.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbie Gray wants out apparently. Wonder if the lure of a premiership would lead him to accepting unders. Is an out & out gun

Has been a terrific player but 32 at the start of next season and his average output is starting to wane noticeably when you look at his stats but also when you watch him play he is starting to get beaten in some one on ones that would never have happened before. I believe he would still be useful in our team but better ways to spend $500k+ and we are good for depth in the small forward department. Would probably hold his own as an inside mid but ultimately would only be standing in the way of the development of the likes of Ross, RCD. Definite no for me.

If they don't replace him they risk heading into the Carlton post Fevola territory.

That's their problem ... I dont think he is that good. Great highlight reel, can kick long goal and take a great grab

He's their best player. By a distance.

I dont rate him, imagine how many times during a tight game, especially nearing the end of a season where he takes a great grab and has to line up for goal. He is not reliable, unless his goalkicking improves, he will just deflate his teammates.

That's just my opinion .... he is overrated

That's their problem ... I dont think he is that good. Great highlight reel, can kick long goal and take a great grab

I dont rate him, imagine how many times during a tight game, especially nearing the end of a season where he takes a great grab and has to line up for goal. He is not reliable, unless his goalkicking improves, he will just deflate his teammates.

That's just my opinion .... he is overrated

kicked 65 goals a few season back

which isnt too bad for these days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back