List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine a forward group of Robbie Gray, Dusty, Jack, Lynchy, Rioli, Castagna and Bolton.
6 6 6 rule doesnt allow this setup

Get rid of Lynch... liability

Don't see them contending with his erratic kicking.
65 is a good number though

I reckon he would be a decent get for the swans.

if he gets on the park of course. he is certainly more likable picturing him in a swans as opposed to druggies jumper

Imagine a forward group of Robbie Gray, Dusty, Jack, Lynchy, Rioli, Castagna and Bolton.

It would be cool but Stack and Balta types knocking on the door for the spot too

RGray certainly had some bigs games vs the Tigers over the years

How often are players traded back to their old clubs? Happened a couple times this year and once last year? I can't recall when it happened last, though I imagine it happened a lot more recently than I remember.

How often are players traded back to their old clubs? Happened a couple times this year and once last year? I can't recall when it happened last, though I imagine it happened a lot more recently than I remember.
Trent Croad from a ways back

Managed to find this.
heaps of freo related guys gone/returned iirc

mcphee example
Yeah a bunch of Freo related refunds.

I reckon he would be a decent get for the swans.

if he gets on the park of course. he is certainly more likable picturing him in a swans as opposed to druggies jumper

It would be cool but Stack and Balta types knocking on the door for the spot too

RGray certainly had some bigs games vs the Tigers over the years
I liked Stack more off half back than forward and Balta will end up back I reckon.

Gray and Dusty in the same forward line is the nightmares of opposition clubs. Yeah he's getting on but were primed right now. If it's even a remote possibility I hope were all over it. could be the difference in another flag or two. He's a star.

I liked Stack more off half back than forward and Balta will end up back I reckon.

Gray and Dusty in the same forward line is the nightmares of opposition clubs. Yeah he's getting on but were primed right now. If it's even a remote possibility I hope were all over it. could be the difference in another flag or two. He's a star.

yeah he is a gun

it would allow richmond to play dusty move midfeild too...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Cloke fell back on his feet returning to footy heaven after a heartbreaking stint at hell on earth AKA Victoria Paddock.

Carl Ditterich is probably the cake taker though...started at Saints for 153 matches, then to Demons for 53 matches then back to Saints for 50 matches and you guessed it, back to the Demons for 29 pension superannuation matches.

Wayne Walsh went Richmond to Swans then back to Tigerland.

Neville Fields Messendon-Swans-Messendon.

Think there were also quite a few like Ross Smith of St Kilda who started at a then VFL club, went interstate for a time(he went to Subiaco to captain coach for 2 seasons) then back to the original club.

Those are a few off the top of my head but it did seem to happen reasonably frequently in the 70’s which was my earliest recollection of the VFL(bar Richmond’s flag years of 67 and 69 of course.)😏

Just wanted to say thank you for all the support! Now the dust has settled, it seems I did my job quite well as I have around 6 clients all wanting to talk about me working for them. So it seems being made redundant by a sh*tstain of a company with zero notice has a silver lining.

The best bit, they can't replace me for 6 months or do my role, so I get to take the 320 clients with me when I decide what role I'll choose :)
Awesome, glad to hear you've landed on your feet!! :blush:

Betts back at scum and now premiership favs , massive signing :)

Trade period. It’s embarrassing. Old, washed up forward pocket goes back to second rate club, only to play in the vfl, and it’s headline news and will be the top story for the next 2 days.

Really? I think a lot of people thought (hoped) Riewoldt, Rance, Cotchin, Martin, (Deledio) would be the tigers premiership core- in fact there are probable thousands of posts on this Richmond board discussing the possibility of it.

In his first season Dusty was a beast. His fitness wasn't at the required level but he was already a contested animal - '16 was a disappointing season but there were plenty of positivism the three previous with the finals runs

The saints could win a few flags in the future and have the core of a great side but im not convinced. Would rather be in Melbourne or Carlton shoes, seem to have more young talent for mine.
We all hope that every player that walks through the door at Richmond will become a premiership player, I'm more talking about the calibre of player they are. Their paths to greatness had to start somewhere and IMO, that was back in 2009-2011 when Hardwick and co started the change in culture which began by going out and recruiting players like Houli Grigg & Maric who weren't seen as A grade talent but complimented the potential stars we already had. Then piece by piece we unearthed more pieces until finally in 2017 it all came together.

I'm not suggesting the Saints are on a similar path, just that while not everyone will rate who they are picking up individually, you have to wait and see how they fit in with the pieces they already have before instantly writing them off as being not good enough. Brisbane are another example of what can happen when you recruit smartly and target specific players that fill holes in your list. The Saints aren't just targeting everyone, they are after players that fill holes in their list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back