Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick ten will almost certainly be pick ten. Green bid almost certainly in the first 6 picks so there will be no sliding. Thats why GWS traded up. I have a strong feeling it was the personal recommendation from Longmuir. Aish at his best is a super athletic long kicking mid. Always rated him. Saints will be much better next year.
I think we'll see them move higher by the draft tnight.

They havent moved up to 6 to have it be taken by a green bid

I think we payed full market price for what someone like Aish would go for but he's a salary dump. Why do the Hawks get Patton for a future 4th.

Aish has had injury concerns and nowhere near the heights of Patton. He's a salary dump as well.

JL must REALLY REALLY want him because we should have had to give a future 3rd by itself at best.

Also, what are we doing with 69.

Pick 10 is going to be pick 11 which means, he is either bid on before 11 in which case 11 covers it, or, he is bid on 12 onwards where 22 and 50 odd had has like 30 points short which is just waived.

3 future 2nds gave us tremendous bargainning power on draft night to get back in after a Henry bid, 2 2nds and a 3rd is a lot less. Especially when we lost the best one

Patton would be on a lot more than Aish so I'm not sure it's a huge salary dump for the Pies. Patton has had three knee reconstructions and if he's a sure thing why did the Hawks only sign him for two years? Bare minimum deal length to get a player to say yes.

The Aish and Zac Jones trades are around the same value and I don't see anything that exciting about Jones. If anyone in the league is going to know Aish's ability it's our new coach.

St Kilda will be worse than Melbourne and Freo?

Mmmm not so sure about that
Yep that is my point. Might prove to be the case but you just can’t outright say that St Kilda Second is better ranked than Melb or Freo.

If I’m being totally honest our second pick will just as likely be the best.

So can we summarise the Trade Period

Out: Bhill, Langdon, 26, 2020 4th, 2020 3rd, 2020 2nd and 4th ( both tied to SKilda)
In: Acres, Aish, 10, 22, 58, 69, 79, 2020 3rd, 2020 2nd, 2020 2nd, 2020 4th

I am prepared to call that a win.

We have loads of picks for WA and academy guys and we have 2 player with a high cieling.

if you take out the picks we didn't have before the trade period started it's more like:

Out: Hill, Langdon, 26, 2020 3rd, 2020 4th
In: Acres, Aish, 10, 22, 58, 69, 79 Melbourne 2020 2nd, Collingwood 2020 3rd

I'd say they were the least likely to move up the ladder of the three. Who knows where Melbourne finish. For me, St Kilda's would have hte most value as an opposition club

Do we have enough list spots for Sokol? Would also think there's a chance he goes before 69
Do WC take him as cover? They are going all in.

That would have been a steal. What were Carlton waiting for? Here - take Martin and 15 and you us 43?

Seriously, can Silvagni maffs?
Said it before say it again people rightly criticise the dodo but I reckon sos has easily been just as bad the last few years.
Nothing guru about him he just holds out the longest -now that might get you a win here and there (Gibbs)but youve still got to read the play .

He’s also got a very overinflated sense of self after all those gws salary dumps/trades.

The guy simply thought he could hold out get Papley for 9 AND change and chuck that to goldy -thus the whole AFL world hailing sos the great.

He’s nothing but a poor mans Charlatan

Well, interesting way to finish. Can't say I thought the Aish trade would ever involve one of our future seconds, so all in all it's a sub-par outcome from someone who apparently wasn't required by the Pies. Hopefully it doesn't hugely impact our live trading.

In saying that, Aish is far more preferable to the other names we've been linked with this window. Longmuir's worked pretty extensively with him and you'd have to think that he had a hand in us pushing pretty hard for the deal to go through. It's also a pretty fair assumption that he could've explored other options in Victoria or back in SA...or simply refuse to nominate us, so I think he's at least brought in to JL's project.

I'd say they were the least likely to move up the ladder of the three. Who knows where Melbourne finish. For me, St Kilda's would have hte most value as an opposition club

Do we have enough list spots for Sokol? Would also think there's a chance he goes before 69
ya see that’s your opinion. Lethlean was on earlier and added Dylan Roberton to the list of new recruits. They will surprise next year. They have bugger all draft picks for 2019/2020 but that won’t hurt them a bit in 2020. Also Dan Hannebery playing a full season. They will be dangerous with their speed under the roof.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Carlton will do something with their later picks and next years 2nd if they still have it and try to get a late first if their confident he will not get picked before re Martin

Glad to pick up Aish and Acres, I know I'd rather Hill and Langdon.

This does put us a little behind schedule, but with a reasonable draft hand we can still set us ourselves up for the future.

It's really our promising draftee/recruits that need to hit the straps next year. This is more about Brayshaw, Cerra, Logue, North, Crowden et al becoming far more than what they are presently.

if you take out the picks we didn't have before the trade period started it's more like:

Out: Hill, Langdon, 26, 2020 3rd, 2020 4th
In: Acres, Aish, 10, 22, 58, 69, 79 Melbourne 2020 2nd, Collingwood 2020 3rd
Roughly

Out: Hill In: Acres +10+79+Melbourne 2020 2nd
Out: Langdon In: Aish
Out: 26, 2020 3rd, 2020 4th In:22, 58, 69, Collingwood 2020 3rd

I don't see variations in future picks past the 1st round as being too much to cry about when there seems to be a perpetuity to them. Come 2020, if we need something higher in the 2nd round, we dip into 2021 and so on.

ya see that’s your opinion. Lethlean was on earlier and added Dylan Roberton to the list of new recruits. They will surprise next year. They have bugger all draft picks for 2019/2020 but that won’t hurt them a bit in 2020. Also Dan Hannebery playing a full season. They will be dangerous with their speed under the roof.

But we will all be wallowing in the mix of the bottom ten :cool:

You get Jeremy Cameron this time next year, it could be worse.

Love Too but I doubt we could Afford him with Grundy,De Goey and Moore needing to be Re-Signed next year

Glad to pick up Aish and Acres, I know I'd rather Hill and Langdon.

This does put us a little behind schedule, but with a reasonable draft hand we can still set us ourselves up for the future.

It's really our promising draftee/recruits that need to hit the straps next year. This is more about Brayshaw, Cerra, Logue, North, Crowden et al becoming far more than what they are presently.

I’d rather Hill but quietly happy to have player who may not turn he ball over 4 out 5 times going into the 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back