Non-AFL chat thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone considered becoming a member of Western United?

They play 4 games at mars stadium this year and considering i live in the west its seems like a good fit.
I think the idea of being a foundation member is pretty cool too.
It will definitely give me something to watch and follow while i wait for the dogs to tear 2020 a new one.

What are your thoughts gang?

Has anyone considered becoming a member of Western United?

They play 4 games at mars stadium this year and considering i live in the west its seems like a good fit.
I think the idea of being a foundation member is pretty cool too.
It will definitely give me something to watch and follow while i wait for the dogs to tear 2020 a new one.

What are your thoughts gang?
Foundation Victory member so will leave it to you but yeah sounds great :)

Foundation Victory member so will leave it to you but yeah sounds great :)
Nice, you must be happy with how the club has performed since its inception.

Lets see if i can have some of the same success with the new boys in town as you have throughout the years.

Enjoying this England - New Zealand matchup so far, worth a look. Top level rugby is great to watch.
I'm enjoying whole Models discography - next Sunday, Corner Hotel. Anyone else going? Thought not lol.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question- who sets the "rules" about the haka? England made reference about being respectful but who says they have to be? Is it just not wanting to get the All Blacks mad? Does the other team have to watch? Can't they just turn their backs or come out 5 minutes later when its over?

I guess my question is , what is the haka and who gets to decide that the other team has to make watching it part of their pre-match routine?

Serious question- who sets the "rules" about the haka? England made reference about being respectful but who says they have to be? Is it just not wanting to get the All Blacks mad? Does the other team have to watch? Can't they just turn their backs or come out 5 minutes later when its over?

I guess my question is , what is the haka and who gets to decide that the other team has to make watching it part of their pre-match routine?

Think of it as a pacific islander version of "welcome to country"

I'm enjoying whole Models discography - next Sunday, Corner Hotel. Anyone else going? Thought not lol.

Not the same without Freud out front - so many of the songs are tied to his voice. Sean Kelly is not exactly renowned for his smooth voice...
Looking forward to Red Hot Summer in Ballarat in Jan though!

Not the same without Freud out front - so many of the songs are tied to his voice. Sean Kelly is not exactly renowned for his smooth voice...
Looking forward to Red Hot Summer in Ballarat in Jan though!
Models around long time before James arrived.

This is a bit of a toe tapper

This would be my fave

No this is

Not even close. The Haka is designed to intimidate the opposition when done in that situation.
The modern haka is used as an acknowledgement of a great occasion
It is also a challenge to stand up and rise to the occasion as described in kapa O Pango

Does anyone else watch Rugby and think that Caleb Daniel would be the best scrum half in the world?
Um, no.

However I did use to think the former wallabies captain and 2nd rower, John Eales would have been one of the greatest ever ruckman in afl. The guy could kick, leap, sprint unbelievably well for a giant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back