Non-AFL chat thread part 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jacob17

Mr September
Aug 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Has anyone considered becoming a member of Western United?

They play 4 games at mars stadium this year and considering i live in the west its seems like a good fit.
I think the idea of being a foundation member is pretty cool too.
It will definitely give me something to watch and follow while i wait for the dogs to tear 2020 a new one.

What are your thoughts gang?

Fossie 32

Premium Platinum
Oct 6, 2002
1300GODOGS
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne..VICTORY, Leeds
Has anyone considered becoming a member of Western United?

They play 4 games at mars stadium this year and considering i live in the west its seems like a good fit.
I think the idea of being a foundation member is pretty cool too.
It will definitely give me something to watch and follow while i wait for the dogs to tear 2020 a new one.

What are your thoughts gang?
Foundation Victory member so will leave it to you but yeah sounds great :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr. Walker

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Serious question- who sets the "rules" about the haka? England made reference about being respectful but who says they have to be? Is it just not wanting to get the All Blacks mad? Does the other team have to watch? Can't they just turn their backs or come out 5 minutes later when its over?

I guess my question is , what is the haka and who gets to decide that the other team has to make watching it part of their pre-match routine?

JEDi 44

Club Legend
Feb 16, 2016
bevo's house
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
footscray bulldogs
Serious question- who sets the "rules" about the haka? England made reference about being respectful but who says they have to be? Is it just not wanting to get the All Blacks mad? Does the other team have to watch? Can't they just turn their backs or come out 5 minutes later when its over?

I guess my question is , what is the haka and who gets to decide that the other team has to make watching it part of their pre-match routine?
Think of it as a pacific islander version of "welcome to country"

ivan rassmussen

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm enjoying whole Models discography - next Sunday, Corner Hotel. Anyone else going? Thought not lol.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
Not the same without Freud out front - so many of the songs are tied to his voice. Sean Kelly is not exactly renowned for his smooth voice...
Looking forward to Red Hot Summer in Ballarat in Jan though!

bullish23

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2002
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Does anyone else watch Rugby and think that Caleb Daniel would be the best scrum half in the world?
Um, no.

However I did use to think the former wallabies captain and 2nd rower, John Eales would have been one of the greatest ever ruckman in afl. The guy could kick, leap, sprint unbelievably well for a giant.

Top Bottom