News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Again , i said where he should be and that is stuck at the CBA managing the regional sections of SA and NT . Early 2000's !
So he was a State Manager for multiple states?

No , his job title was regional manager
His region was South Australia, Western Australia and Northern Territory.

That's a pretty big region. Presumably Commonwealth Bank didn't think he was a complete idiot if they had him managing three states.

His region was South Australia, Western Australia and Northern Territory.

That's a pretty big region. Presumably Commonwealth Bank didn't think he was a complete idiot if they had him managing three states.
good research ... clearly Rob Chapman is the messiah .

“Twenty-three cars have been entered in the 2020 Supercars Championship. An additional three racing entitlement contracts (RECs) are available for negotiation and purchase over the coming weeks, and with the already-announced second Team Sydney entry to come, the projected grid size is a minimum of 24 cars,” read a statement from Supercars.

“Twenty-three cars have been entered in the 2020 Supercars Championship. An additional three racing entitlement contracts (RECs) are available for negotiation and purchase over the coming weeks, and with the already-announced second Team Sydney entry to come, the projected grid size is a minimum of 24 cars,” read a statement from Supercars.
Huh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fagan is buying a racing team now as well?

Roo says Nicks didn't want a senior assistant, wants to give the current guys more opportunity.

I don't mind that if it IS what Nicks wants.

Footy manager not far away and the People and Culture leader selected after that.

Roo says Nicks didn't want a senior assistant, wants to give the current guys more opportunity.

Footy manager not far away and the People and Culture leader selected after that.
Given the timing we were always going to be stuck with the same coaching panel. Another year of bloody Ben Hart.

Did Roo say which of his mates was in the running for Footy Ops Manager?

You hit the nail on the head because the sceptic would think that there are no available people qualified for the position (due to the AFL requirement clubs contract their assistant coaches by the end of august) so it becomes a very convenient line for the club to take

Our defense held up well last year under Matter, just Pyke's desire for such slow, stagnant ball movement made us look pretty awful at times. Godden was essentially running what Campo wanted, so he's a bit of a question mark for me on what he can do. Given his wealth of SANFL experience i'd give him another year to see if he can bring it. Hart is again saved by coaching changes around him.

I dare say it's also due to us leaving all this so late. There's no point making changes for changes sake, Nicks probably has a list of guys he wants, but can't get at them until next year, so guys like Godden who seem to be rated internally get another go. Just a gut feel, but I reckon Nicks is gonna make a run at getting Lenny Hayes over next year.

Already pinning things on the new guy

Didn't 'want' a senior assistant... because we've spent all our money on payouts to sacked, long term contracted duds and are too late to get anyone he'd really want anyway so have to hold off for 12 months.

We presented the low shelf options to him and he decided he didn't want any of them.

Spin has survived the review.

How about admit we're going through a major, ongoing off field overhaul and that it will take more than 12 months to put the new team together

We've got until the end of next season to make ourselves an attractive option for coaches, players and staff.

The Campo glass ceiling being removed will help us with the former.

Soooo, if no senior assistant, where’s the money going?

If it’s into development that’s cool, but I’ll be expecting a couple of development coaches on each line thank you very much

Remove this Banner Ad

Back