Society/Culture Gay marriage 2 years in review

Remove this Banner Ad

The question Seeds originally asked was whether anything more deranged had arisen from SSM. And as we can see, there are many such cases!
This has no connection to ssm at all. None. Perhaps you can explain where you see the nexus?

I voted yes and now deeply regret it.

Not because it now gives two consenting gay adults the right to marry, but because it has given a platform for every lunatic fringe part of society a chance to de-construct a society that had been functioning very well for millennia.

I was warned but refused to listen.

Six year olds aren’t about to enter puberty, and I don’t think it’s appropriate for them being told that wanking in the shower or bath the best place to do it.
They are being taught the difference between private parts and not private parts of the body, about appropriate touching from others and of themselves. In that context you don't think it is appropriate to say "it is normal for people to touch their own private parts, but only in private" to a six year old?

I'd also point out that this is not what the first link you posted said was happening. It said six year old were being given lessons on how to stimulate themselves. With no justification, apparently.

The question Seeds originally asked was whether anything more deranged had arisen from SSM. And as we can see, there are many such cases!

No connection at all. That's just as loopy as Izzy saying the bushfires are a result of ssm.

This has no connection to ssm at all. None. Perhaps you can explain where you see the nexus?
You have yourself drawn the connection between trans rights and gay rights, asserting that one descends from the other. When someone says that women don’t have penises, they’re on the wrong side of history right?

You have yourself drawn the connection between trans rights and gay rights, asserting that one descends from the other. When someone says that women don’t have penises, they’re on the wrong side of history right?
I'm not sure that it's anything more than a bit of health and personal development for young children and really has nothing to do with ssm at all.

That doesn't explain why you think teaching children to touch themselves has anything to do with ssm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I voted yes and now deeply regret it.

Not because it now gives two consenting gay adults the right to marry, but because it has given a platform for every lunatic fringe part of society a chance to de-construct a society that had been functioning very well for millennia.

I was warned but refused to listen.

Ha! The very first time someone couldn't explain gravity or the sun or the moon or what happens after we die and made up deities and afterlives to fill in the knowledge gaps, THAT gave every lunatic fringe in human history a platform.

Our ancient ancestors were probably warned too, but...

Conservatives: “Gay marriage is just another step along the path to societal degeneration”
Progressives: “lol society isn’t degenerating”
Society: *degenerates*
Progressives:
That's very odd and unnecessary, obviously. However, society is degenerating far quicker due to have political parties who are anti-anything they see as progressive a la our Liberal Party.

You have just got really angry about something I never said.

We are talking about an education program that runs from kindergarten to year 6. What the 6 year olds are taught is not the same as the 10 year olds, which is not the same as the 12 year olds.

As you quoted, I said:

"Children should be taught about their bodies. They need to be taught about how they work, about boundaries for themselves and others. They need to be taught about reproduction and sexuality."

Note that I didn't say "six year olds". I said "children".

"Children" don't need to be taught how to touch themselves in a sexual manner or about reproduction or sexuality. Walk into to a kindergarten and tell those kids to pull their pants down and touch themselves in a sexualised way and you'd be charged with paedophilia.

How you don't see the gravity of what you're advocating is frightening.

Your on report mate.

"Children" don't need to be taught how to touch themselves in a sexual manner or about reproduction or sexuality. Walk into to a kindergarten and tell those kids to pull their pants down and touch themselves in a sexualised way and you'd be charged with paedophilia.

How you don't see the gravity of what you're advocating is frightening.

Your on report mate.
You are a ******* idiot. Learn to read.

Do you really think that children should not receive any sort of reproductive or sexual education before puberty?

No, not the way you put it - to be aware of strangers and "your private parts" yes but schools and teachers have been doing that for the last 100 plus years. Anything more than that is not needed.

By their very nature children in their formative years are still absorbing their surroundings, there is no need for children to be taught about how to touch themselves in a sexualised way or to learn about reproduction.

All that does is take away childhood and its innocence................ there'll be plenty of time for that as they enter early teen years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back