Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

umm have you read that link you supplied me?
It says it itself, the claim Greta Thunberg is the highest paid actress is false, the magazine “People with money” does not even exist.
images (54).jpeg

".........something..............something.................Murdoch...............Bolt.............."

Blue Mountains resident fought for permission to hazard reduction burn for two and a half years
By 9News Staff
6:21pm Jan 13, 2020

A property owner in fire-ravaged NSW claims he may have been able to save his property if he had been given approval to undertake controlled burning.
Martin Tebbutt's farm in Bilpin was completely charred when the enormous Gospers Mountain blaze ripped through the area on December 21 last year. He said for two-and-a-half years he tried to get permission to clear his land to create a fire break and build a fence so he could run his cattle but was met with roadblocks.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F45fba0c8-1faf-44c3-9fa5-3cef0c892124

Martin Tebbutt has been campaigning for approval to create a fire break on his farm for two and a half years. (9News)

"It may not have saved us, the fire may still have jumped it, but it would have minimised it, it would have given us a chance," Mr Tebbutt told 9News. Mr Tebbutt said he wrote to the NSW Premier and State Ministers seeking approval, before the mega-fire tore through the region. "They were trying to protect the little animals and various exotic bushes in here and pretty much the lot are gone," Mr Tebbutt said. He was told to go to his local council, but claims he abandoned the process because it was too difficult. "Politicians have taken away our right to protect ourselves," Mr Tebbutt said.

His neighbour Brian Williams is a local RFS Captain who has been a volunteer firefighter for 52 years. "This Gospers Mountain fire, it's gone for 79 days and it's been extremely draining," he told 9News. "You see a wallaby come out of the bush on fire and its screaming and twisting – it's the kind of thing you will never forget."

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F7855ecbb-2c5e-4681-81d3-c53264d154dd

Mr Williams said it took more than two years to get approval for a hazard-reduction burn to protect about 500 homes in Kurrajong Heights. "From the time we applied by the time we got permission, and we had to engage our own consultant," Mr Williams said.His brigade got approval in August, just a few months before the giant fire headed straight at them. "There needs to be some serious questions asked about how we manage fuel loads into the future," he added.

Horses are seen in a paddock as the Gospers Mountain Fire impacts a property at Bilpin

Minister for Natural Disaster and Emergency Management David Littleproud said there was a need for a conversation around land management. "The Federal Government is well aware this is a serious issue in bushfire ravaged communities, there's not much they can do, but they're hoping with the support of the states a royal commission will get to the bottom of it," he told 9News. "Obviously there's a conversation which needs to happen around land management, land use, even building standards." Dozens of hazard reduction burns have been conducted around Bilpin and Kurrajong over the last decade. And still the fire ran straight over them in parts. It has been a complex issue with horrific drought conditions in the lead-up to the fire season.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fee0aae36-bfd5-48fc-b1c2-ff5318336a58

Hazard reduction burn debate

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said last week that hazard reduction burns were "constant refrain as I have been on the ground". NSW Environment Minister Matt Kean, meanwhile, told Nine Newspapers that the season's unprecedented conditions showed more hazard reduction burns were needed. "While national parks completed more than 75 per cent of the hazard reduction burning in NSW over the past four years, climate change is increasing the risk and we need to respond to that," Mr Kean said.

He said hazard reduction burning wasn't a silver bullet, and a review would consider fire management issues after the bushfire season. Environmental consultant Noel Preece said more strategic hazard reduction was needed in all bushland. "It's everybody's responsibility who's on country and the community's responsibility to fund those resources to be able to get that work done," Dr Preece told AAP. He said national parks staff numbers had declined and "you have to have people on the ground to be able to burn".

Difficulty of managing fuel load

Bushfire and Natural Hazards CRC chief executive Richard Thornton said the hazard reduction issue was more complex than "simple pointing fingers and saying there could have been more". A lot of other factors came into the mix, Dr Thornton said. "It's actually quite hard to actually prescribed burning done when you need to get it done - particularly with climate change now as well, the windows for safely achieving what you want to achieve is closing," he told AAP. He said hazard reduction was just one critical tool in the fire management arsenal and Australia would always get big blazes. "It's just a matter of how do we mitigate the consequences and make them a bit more manageable," he said. The Queensland government says dry conditions have severely reduced opportunities for hazard reduction burns over the past two years. A "very active early bushfire season" ended fire mitigation operations early in 2018, says Queensland Fire and Emergency Services Minister Craig Crawford.

More than 350 planned hazard reduction burns were not completed in the years from 2016 to 2019, Mr Crawford said in response to a written parliamentary question.

".......anyway....................something..............something.................Murdoch...............Bolt.............."

Clearly a One Nation voter:

Veteran NSW fire captain Bruce Richardson is demanding volunteers like him be heard at a national fire inquiry, blasting "crazy" bureaucratic red tape stopping hazard reduction burns and national parks for locking up fire trails. In evidence of a split between some volunteers on the fire front and the NSW Rural Fire Service headquarters, Mr Richardson said the RFS, National Parks and Wildlife Service and governments must "get their act together" on fuel reduction before bushfire season.

RFS Fire Captain for Glen Alice Bruce Richardson at the Gospers Mountain fire area in NSW.

Mr Richardson, a cattle farmer, has been fighting fires for 76 days straight at Capertee Valley, west of the Blue Mountains, with the volunteer crew from his home brigade of Glen Alice. An RFS volunteer member of 49 years, Mr Richardson said he had witnessed only one section of the national park near his home town have a hazard reduction burn in the past six to eight years. "I'm 61 and this is my last chance to bring about change across Australia on land management and how we get some respect back for local knowledge from the hierarchy," he said in an interview.

"It disgusts me that people in offices think they can make decisions that affect people on the fire front and have the local experience." "If the weather is changing in our life, climate change or whatever, they need to get serious about land management and fuel loads." "It's really simple. If there is no or little fuel, then there is very little fire."

Wow, can you please provide a link as to who is supplying her funding?

You don't answer a question with a question coward.

Are you suggesting that she ISN'T funded?

Does she get around the planet on revenue from her lemonade stand?

You don't answer a question with a question coward.

Are you suggesting that she ISN'T funded?

Does she get around the planet on revenue from her lemonade stand?
You made the claim my friend, I am completely open minded on this and am but seeking the truth, so first I need a link.

Do you have an answer, or are you claiming that she just walks on water?
I don’t need to answer I am waiting for some justification of your claim.
How can I have an opinion until I see the evidence?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dr. Mototaka Nakamura is a top-level scientist who worked on cloud dynamics, and on atmospheric and ocean flows for almost 25 years at world class institutions. He has a ScD in meteorology from MIT and has an impressive curriculum in the area of climate science and modelling: Georgia Institute of Technology, NASA (Goddard Space Flight Centre, Jet Propulsion Laboratory), Duke and Hawaii Universities and the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology. He published about 20 climate papers on fluid dynamics

A few months ago he published a book in Japanese explaining the flaws of the current Climate Science “with an aim to inform the Japanese public of the reality behind the rampant “global warming” references in the Japanese society, because of the absence of accurate description of the state of climate science revealed by climate experts in the Japanese language”.

In mid September, just a few weeks ago, he published a short English version in Kindle eBook format. Despite being a concise version it covers essentially the same topics.

Summary and excerpts

Dr. Nakamura says:

… my skepticism on the “global warming hypothesis” is targeted on the “catastrophic” part of the hypothesis and not on the “global warming” per se. That is, there is no doubt that increased carbon dioxide concentration in the atmosphere does have some warming effect on the lower troposphere (about 0. 5 degrees Kelvin for a doubling from the pre-industrial revolution era, according to true experts), although it has not been proven that the warming effect actually results in a rise in the global mean surface temperature, because of the extremely complex processes operating in the real climate system, many of which are represented in perfunctory manner at best or ignored altogether in climate simulation models. I also want to emphasize that I am not denying the possibility of a major climate change as a result of the human activity, either catastrophic global warming or a return of severe glacial period (the real climate system that has myriad of physical and biogeochemical processes is highly nonlinear, much more so than the toys used for climate predictions). I am simply pointing out the fact that it is impossible to predict with any degree of accuracy how the climate of this planet will change in the future.

I want to emphasize here that climate simulation models are fine tools to study the climate system, so long as the users are aware of the limitations of the models and exercise caution in designing experiments and interpreting their output. In this sense, experiments to study the response of simplified climate systems, such as those generated by the “state-of-the-art” climate simulation models, to major increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide or other greenhouse gases are also interesting and meaningful academic projects that are certainly worth pursuing. So long as the results of such projects are presented with disclaimers that unambiguously state the extent to which the results can be compared with the real world, I would not have any problem with such projects. The models just become useless pieces of junk or worse (worse, in a sense that they can produce gravely misleading output) only when they are used for climate forecasting.

Take this time to actually reconsider your position.

Don't brush it off as a lefty conspiracy. Take in the facts, and reconsider your position.

Jesus H Christ, have you had an epiphany or is this the worlds biggest ever pot/kettle scenario?

I understand your deep visceral reaction to that... because it corrupts the entire person you think you've built online.

I didn't hallucinate you.

It's impossible to digest that many mushrooms.

I didn't hallucinate you.

It's impossible to digest that many mushrooms.
You saw a clip posted in the last 24 hours... and you just claimed that it caused the woman brain damage.

Because it was one woman on another you posted it in the feminism thread...

And even though you only saw the clip today... you complained that she received less prison time than if she were a male...

And when questioned on how you even know if she was brain damaged... you genuinely replied with "I'm a scientist".

You lunatic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back