Which player(s) from your club are you ashamed of

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Eddie Betts. I dont care what went on at the Crows, he isn't some ignorant GWS reject, he already knew the shitheap that was Carlton and seemingly willingly went back there. You just can't fix that type of stupid unfortunately. Poor bloke deserves everything he gets down there. Maybe it's one of those things where enough time passes and you "don't think it was that bad". Oh well, he will remember very quickly.

Last edited:

Lindsey Thomas.

Freakishly talented player but I hated the way he played later on in his career.

It wasn’t just the way he played for frees as he certainly wasn’t alone in that. But he usually tried to take the easy way out when he played imo. Wasn’t afraid to put his body on the line, can’t fault him there.

Surely Eddie Betts. I dont care what went on at the Crows, he isn't some ignorant GWS reject, he already knew the shitheap that was Carlton and seemingly willingly went back there. You just can't fix that type of stupid unfortunately. Poor bloke deserves everything he gets down there. Maybe it's one of those things where enough time passes and you "don't think it was that bad". Oh well, he will remember very quickly.

Yet he'd rather play for $300k at Carlton than get paid $600k to stay at Adelaide.

Couldn't get out of there quick enough. Along with about a dozen other 'I'm an Adelaide player, get me out of here' candidates.

If you're going to insult him, perhaps call him a rat escaping a sinking ship.... :)

Fraser Gehrig, gave us zero and basically in his last year with us had no follow up efforts after attempting a mark. He would lead, spill the mark then just trott off in the opposite direction the ball went.

Yet he'd rather play for $300k at Carlton than get paid $600k to stay at Adelaide.

Couldn't get out of there quick enough. Along with about a dozen other 'I'm an Adelaide player, get me out of here' candidates.

If you're going to insult him, perhaps call him a rat escaping a sinking ship.... :)

Imagine being sensitive enough to get upset over the comment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine being sensitive enough to get upset over the comment

Imagine being insensitive enough to call another club a shitheap and then crap on one of your own club's greatest goalkickers. In a thread dedicated to rapists, wife beaters, cheats and other criminals.

Damn right I'm gonna get upset and point out the stupidity/hypocrisy of your post.

Mark Blicavs.
He's also become our spokesman after losses which further adds salt to the wound.
We constantly get bombarded with preseason trial times and personal best records but when it's actually time to stand tall and deliver in the most important of games, the guy continually goes missing.

He is also a duel best and fairest winner. It's so mind-boggling that it's really put me off this team at the moment.
I had nothing against him winning the B&F in 2015, was satisfactory as a rucking midfielder averaging 16 hitouts, 18 disposals, 4.5 marks, 3.5 clearances, 6 tackles a game. Keep in mind, Duncan and Bartel combined for only 22 games that season.

How he managed to win another in 2018 is where it became a blatant joke.

The other player would have to be Cam Guthrie.
Continually gives us glimpses but like many in a long line of tradition at Geelong, lack of physicality and aggression prevents him from ever becoming elite or close to elite status.
Would have traded him a couple years ago when he had currency but will now fade away as some other young buck kicks him out of the starting team.

I’ve always wondered if there was a story or not.. But i cant think it would matter...

The story goes that Bruns was a serial squirrel gripper, and when he grabbed Michael Tuck by the goolies Leigh decided to voice his displeasure with a right hook to his chin.

You personify the 20th century "I Have to be offended by everything" mentality.

Humour isn't allowed anymore in your world, everyone must be offended by everything.

Your fellow Blues supporters could take the joke, why couldn't you? Let me guess, a Hollywood celebrity raped you too?

It's the 21st century, mate. And Humour is still allowed. Why don't you try using some?

The story goes that Bruns was a serial squirrel gripper, and when he grabbed Michael Tuck by the goolies Leigh decided to voice his displeasure with a right hook to his chin.
Ahhh.. thanks - i never knew. It doesnt change a great deal for me though.

Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back