Recommitted Jeremy Finlayson [Signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

comes across as a smug campaigner, but I do rate him as a player.
Feel like if he improves his work rate he can be a top forward. Excellent pair of hands and magnificent kick of the footy.
I'd be happy to trade our 1st rounder this year for him... fills a big need

We don't have a first this yr would happily trade a 2nd .

His head dropped very quickly in the GF after a couple of nearly moments. Has all the tools, one of the best kicks around and has a great frame but the mental side is questionable. Late first rounder/early second at this stage due to upside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To think he could've been had for free not long ago. Would be a handy get for a lot of teams for the right price.

We were set to trade for him for like a 3rd rounder.

Toured Arden St, but we couldn't eventually fit both him and Pittard in after Port threw him in for free.

Last edited:
Pies have worse cap issues than us supposedly.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I find that difficult to believe given your mob has just signed 3 players to $1m deals. We have 1 of those currently, while our captain has just taken a pay cut and Beams’ salary will be done after this year. I reckon it’s pretty likely you’ll sacrifice someone like Finlayson for a good draft pick in order to retain Williams.

Discussing salary cap positions is a waste of time. None of us have any access to any of the figures that players are getting, nor do we know whether the deals are front-ended or back-ended nor do we know what kind of match payments and bonuses they’re getting etc.

I find that difficult to believe given your mob has just signed 3 players to $1m deals. We have 1 of those currently, while our captain has just taken a pay cut and Beams’ salary will be done after this year. I reckon it’s pretty likely you’ll sacrifice someone like Finlayson for a good draft pick in order to retain Williams.

We have? You have those deals in front of you?

We have? You have those deals in front of you?

Are you going to pretend that Kelly, Whitfield and Coniglio didn’t sign million dollar deals now? FWIW, Jeremy Cameron was supposedly the highest paid player in the AFL last year too. Is he going to accept a fraction of what he now earns in his free agency contract?

Are you going to pretend that Kelly, Whitfield and Coniglio didn’t sign million dollar deals now? FWIW, Jeremy Cameron was supposedly the highest paid player in the AFL last year too. Is he going to accept a fraction of what he now earns in his free agency contract?

Pretending? No

Kelly didn’t sign for a mil according to reports, Cogs and Whitfield have both not had their figures splashed out there only the long term length.

Cameron was on a severely back ended contract hence him being a million dollar player this year and last (once again supposedly)

Why wouldn’t he remain loyal? Every other club seems to hang onto their stars. Hell tigers have won 2 flags and kept their players and brought in the biggest free agent in the last few years from the Suns.

You're going to be so mad when Treloar decides to come home to us and De Goey requests a trade up here at the end of the season...

Gil gets us who we want when we want them.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back