Training 2019/20 Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like Brander on a wing has been able to push back and then float forward for a goal. Excited to see how this plays out..

Good to here Barrass is up and running as he will be sweet for round 1 if we have no Gov.

No Gov:

Hurn Schofield Shepdawg
Jetta Barrass Duggan

7th Defender: Cole/Nelson/Watson

I think Lachy Reid has put a little bit of mayo on this one

Jetta was down on his haunches for maybe a minute, waved off the trainers who were asking him if he was ok. Looked like he was rubbing his head but unclear what the issue was. Eventually got up and ran at about 2/3 pace down the wing

Lachy would have seen him heading off not long after that. Session was all but over by that stage so to say he left early is a bit of a stretch

And Jetts always looks despondent at training.

Honestly don’t think there’s much to this but who knows for sure

Didn’t think there was much to this at the time and given Jetta is playing in today’s intraclub fair to say I was correct

Allen missing from the intraclub which is unfortunate but not surprising. Hopefully the club releases the extent of his injury sooner rather than later

Also very excited to see Brander on a wing. If he’s able to not lose too much of Mastens running power but add 15cms and some marking power to that role.. look out

I think we need marking power on a wing than another runner.

Generally we have fit runners around the ground ( Gaff, Cripps, Duggan ) but we lack that marking target for when we transition out of defence. This would help our backline out massively as they can then get back into position better for when the ball comes back in.

Will be interesting to see Brander on the wing. Is it a case of Brander IN meaning Waterman out?

In terms of the wing roles, we have had 2 excellent endurance runners playing in that role with Masten and Gaff. Reality is that they only had one pace but did it all game. The back up of Hutching and Sheed was also very much one paced.

I would be keen to see Brander using his endurance on the wing but would like someone like Ryan or Petruccelle having a stint on the wing offering a burst of speed. Changes it all up and required Petruccelle and Ryan getting more of the pill when there.

Will be interesting to see Brander on the wing. Is it a case of Brander IN meaning Waterman out?

This would make the most sense

Playing Brander on the wing means an extra midfielder at the expense of a forward. Petrucelle and Cameron give us more speed in the front half than Waterman

s it a case of Brander IN meaning Waterman out?
This would make the most sense

Playing Brander on the wing means an extra midfielder at the expense of a forward. Petrucelle and Cameron give us more speed in the front half than Waterman

Somewhere in the big wide world, a certain Tiger is feeling validated and no doubt rolling around with laughter.

These are some dark times

I love taking potshots at Fremantle as much as anyone but in this instance that have is covered

The downside to having more members than you need is that the club doesn’t have to try too hard to keep/attract them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somewhere in the big wide world, a certain Tiger is feeling validated and no doubt rolling around with laughter.

Waterman could be in a plane crash and Mr Tiger would still claim victory for predicting he wouldn't make it.

I love taking potshots at Fremantle as much as anyone but in this instance that have is covered

The downside to having more members than you need is that the club doesn’t have to try too hard to keep/attract them

It would be pretty difficult for them to shut the public out when they train at a semi-public facility. There's multiple vantage points available to see them train. But I get your point. After running at a loss of course they're opening the doors and trying to get some hype/memberships.

Skills still a worry in general. Lot of poor kicking resulting in groans from the 300 off fans in purple.

lol

Ha, I forgot about that ol' paper tiger, last season was soooo long ago...will he be back I wonder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back