Preview Sydney Swans v North Melbourne in Tassie Marsh community game Monday

Remove this Banner Ad

brand got closer than melican would

low bar to clear, but in the first half he played tight

Glad to hear he was tight in the first half because he was downright slow in the second half. As someone said the fitness level might not be what is required at AFL level. That would signify that the fitness staff are getting it wrong.

Just finished watching the replay now...

Dear oh dear. Ugly stuff.

We are seriously a lock for bottom 5. The good news is there are 3 key forwards expected to go top 10 in the draft. And lord knows we need one!

Observations

Cons

Sinclair - Oh dear. This guy. Game has gone past him.
Cunningham - Cannot kick. I'm not saying he is below average at kicking. I am saying he actually cant kick at all.
Fwd line in general - So awful. I have no words. Lost count of the amount times we spolied each other. No cohesion at all.
Kicking to our fwd line - Awful. This is the tell-tale sign of a bottom 4 side.

Pros

Stephens - Didnt do much and clearly lacks confidence. Appears 'shy' and doesnt demand the ball. But ive already seen enough to see he has the talent to be a genuine star.
COR - Showed enough to be promising and should get games.
Only bloke in our fwd line who truly knows what he is doing is Papley and you can see he gets frustrated dealing with the mupets around him. Poor fella.

That's probably about all because North look fairly ordinary too.

Last edited:

Blakey can be the best forward in the comp with the right development. Have him play CHF & HFF but he's wasted in the midfield

I am coming to this idea.

Just bite the bullet and call him a fwd.

The big midfielder thing might be a fantasy.

If he struggles fwd chuck him on a wing from time to time. Sure. I dont mind that.

Same height as Jack Riewoldt.

Should play 95% fwd.

Just finished watching the replay now...

Dear oh dear. Ugly stuff.

We are seriously a lock for bottom 5. The good news is there are 3 key forwards expected to go top 10 in the draft. And lord knows we need one!

Observations

Cons

Sinclair - Oh dear. This guy. Game has gone past him.
Cunningham - Cannot kick. I'm not saying he is below average at kicking. I am saying he actually cant kick at all.
Fwd line in general - So awful. I have no words. Lost count of the amount times we spolied each other. No cohesion at all.
Kicking to our fwd line - Awful. This is the tell-tale sign of a bottom 4 side.

Pros

Stephens - Didnt do much and clearly lacks confidence. Appears 'shy' and doesnt demand the ball. But ive already seen enough to see he has the talent to be a genuine star.
COR - Showed enough to be promising and should get games.
Only bloke in our fwd line who truly knows what he is doing is Papley and you can see he gets frustrated dealing with the mupets around him. Poor fella.

That's probably about all because North look fairly ordinary too.

Horse is that lucky swans will be taking the wooden spoon just as the season is cancelled for the Coronavirus.....😜 we sure are looking poor....Jessie white poor....

#OffTopic spam reminding people to join the tipping comp, only 7 people in it so far. Its back on BigFooty instead of having to go to another website.

Blakey can be the best forward in the comp with the right development. Have him play CHF & HFF but he's wasted in the midfield
I am coming to this idea.

Just bite the bullet and call him a fwd.

The big midfielder thing might be a fantasy.

If he struggles fwd chuck him on a wing from time to time. Sure. I dont mind that.

Same height as Jack Riewoldt.

Should play 95% fwd.
There were a couple of other gun tall forwards in his draft year.. remember?
We need more mids.. then you say Blakey should play forward?
Where ever he plays, it will be wrong and Horse and the assistant coaches and the trainers should be sacked. s**t sack Harley too. They're all s**t!!

I so wish that the idiots on here were coaching and trading, and drafting, and training the Swans. Then all of yous, infact everyone would have people to Really put s**t on!!

Lets be honest here, start a new thread and call it.. 'Swans Bashing'
Then the rest of us dont have to read your bullshit dribble

Where ever he plays, it will be wrong and Horse and the assistant coaches and the trainers should be sacked. s**t sack Harley too. They're all s**t!!

I so wish that the idiots on here were coaching and trading, and drafting, and training the Swans. Then all of yous, infact everyone would have people to Really put s**t on!!

Sheesh.

You didnt leave anything on the field there...

Whack.

I just said I love Stephens. Agile. Fast. Lovely kick. Finds space.
Great pick up.

Love Blakey. But I think he's probably best fwd. Hardly controversial?

Then we get another kid gun key fwd and build a fwd line around Blakey and the new kid .
Also not that controversial or negative?

Papley is a flaming star.
I love Aliir. Love Dawson.

Happy with Heen Dog. Like COR.

Hopeful about Gould, Elijay and O'Connor.

It's not all doom and gloom and I never even mentioned Horse once....
It's just the way the comp is set up.
We are set for another lowish finish.
Just how it is.

Best to start planning for our next Flag tilt.

Glad to hear he was tight in the first half because he was downright slow in the second half. As someone said the fitness level might not be what is required at AFL level. That would signify that the fitness staff are getting it wrong.

I like Brand's size. He is not perfect but I think he matches up better against the bigger Key Forwards. Hopefully he fits in well with the defensive unit and they can cover any deficiencies in his game.

I think Melican is better at taking the second or third tall and seemed to struggle a bit last season with his body and confidence. Maibaum is still unproven. Hopefully he gets a opportunity at some point but it will be a big step up.

Sheesh.

Don't leave anything on the field there...

Whack.

I just said I love Stephens. Agile. Fast. Lovely kick. Finds space.
Great pick up.

Love Blakey. But I think he's probably best fwd. Hardly controversial?
Then we get another kid gun key fwd and build a fwd line around Blakey and the new kid .
Also not that controversial or negative?
Papley is a flaming star.
I love Aliir.
It's not all doom and gloom and I never even mentioned Horse once....
It's just the way the comp is set up.
We are set for another lowish finish.
Just how it is.
Best to start planning for our next Flag tilt.
my apologies.. your post was the straw that broke the camels back. Blakey may play wing, high half forward, full forward.. probably all three over the course of his career. His speed, endurance, skills and height could make him incredible outside mid. He also played inside as a junior a lot. Horse and his Dad know him better and will develop him and play him where he's best suited.
Same goes for the other young players
Over the last few pages posters have called for heads to roll.. almost everyones head!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my apologies.. your post was the straw that broke the camels back. Blakey may play wing, high half forward, full forward.. probably all three over the course of his career. His speed, endurance, skills and height could make him incredible outside mid. He also played inside as a junior a lot. Horse and his Dad know him better and will develop him and play him where he's best suited.
Same goes for the other young players
Over the last few pages posters have called for heads to roll.. almost everyones head!

Normal for this time of year. If pre-season form meant anything, Gold Coast, Melbourne and Fremantle (all undefeated) would be top four, while Geelong, Richmond, West Coast, Bulldogs and Brisbane would all be missing finals.

We will have many issues this year but they'll have diddly squat to do with whatever has happened in the two Marsh games.

Wow, I say the kid drafted as a key forward can be the best forward around and you construe that to be negative? Do you need a hug?

only two types of coaches, employed and sacked
And ours is currently one of the employed one's, yet so many of you negative types on here have Longmire sacked on the back of two (albeit terrible) pre season games!
How many times over the years - including when we were a consistent top 6 team, have we EVER done ANYTHING in the pre-season?

Normal for this time of year. If pre-season form meant anything, Gold Coast, Melbourne and Fremantle (all undefeated) would be top four, while Geelong, Richmond, West Coast, Bulldogs and Brisbane would all be missing finals.

We will have many issues this year but they'll have diddly squat to do with whatever has happened in the two Marsh games.

Thank you Caesar, possibly the only realistic, reasonable post in this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back