Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we didn't hear nothing, did we?

Levy said that the new stadium would not affect our transfer budget. That was an outright lie, as you have acknowledged in a previous post.

And the Board dropped the ball because they failed to ratify any managerial player requests for a full 12 month period. We were at the cusp of climbing football's Mt Everest and Levy didn't even throw Pochettino a rope.

Spin it anyway you like but that is what happened.
Talking to a wall unfortunately.

Levy = a Spurs god

Poch = a mere mortal average manager

Levy = a Spurs god

I think I am mate but I am trying.

ENIC will up and sell soon enough. Art may realise then that he has been taken for a ride. I like him though, he's a proper Spurs person just coming at it from a different angle.

The THFC that we grew up with and loved is long gone. We are now just a corporate entity equally happy if we make money from a Katy Perry concert or a football match. To ENIC there is no difference.

But we didn't hear nothing, did we?

Levy said that the new stadium would not affect our transfer budget. That was an outright lie, as you have acknowledged in a previous post.

And the Board dropped the ball because they failed to ratify any managerial player requests for a full 12 month period. We were at the cusp of climbing football's Mt Everest and Levy didn't even throw Pochettino a rope.

Spin it anyway you like but that is what happened.
Both aspects dropped the ball. Have never said otherwise.

How much would that rope have cost?
How many times will the notion of half a billion of debt be mentioned before someone acknowledges this has played a massive role in recent transfer dealings?

Levy = a Spurs god

see now this is the drivel that helps absolutely no one and gets us nowhere with any reasoned debate.

ENIC will up and sell soon enough. Art may realise then that he has been taken for a ride. I like him though, he's a proper Spurs person just coming at it from a different angle.

The THFC that we grew up with and loved is long gone. We are now just a corporate entity equally happy if we make money from a Katy Perry concert or a football match. To ENIC there is no difference.
Football as we all knew it is long gone.
It is now entirely a money based game.

You need a s**t ton of it to win anything.

Why should they care whether the money comes from football or other activities? We need as much of it as we can get to compete with those who win it all.

Lady Gaga might put in the best home performance of the season in a few months tbh

Football as we all knew it is long gone.
It is now entirely a money based game.

You need a s**t ton of it to win anything.

Why should they care whether the money comes from football or other activities? We need as much of it as we can get to compete with those who win it all.

So, how can you make the bolded statement yet still believe that Levy and Lewis have our best footballing interests at heart?

And if they don't have our footballing interests as first priority then how can you possibly support them?

It makes no sense.

So, how can you make the bolded statement yet still believe that Levy and Lewis have our best footballing interests at heart?

And if they don't have our footballing interests as first priority then how can you possibly support them?

It makes no sense.
To my mind it all revolves around football. These extra events are all aimed at generating extra revenues which can then be funnelled into the fund pool available for the team. 25m a year iirc just from the NFL. That’s 250m in revenue we will have over the 2019-2028 period that we otherwise wouldn’t have had.

Dr G let’s be honest on this, you did go rather ballistic on me when all I said was now wasn’t the time for excuses during the Leipzig match. We need to stop these hostilities which I know is easier said than done when it comes to people who have entrenched opinions that are so far apart. But let’s not fall out over it, if we can holler and scream at each it’s all good as long as we remain on good terms.

If only the ignore feature could just be a thread ignore. I've got little to no time for Geros post in this thread but on the main board he's one of us and tend to agree with most of his sentiments

If only the ignore feature could just be a thread ignore. I've got little to no time for Geros post in this thread but on the main board he's one of us and tend to agree with most of his sentiments
Me and you just like to trash talk our club when the s**t hits the fan. It’s just the way we deal with things. I think a lot if not most fans are like that. Dr G is much more pragmatic about it and I don’t think totally gets our behaviour.

To my mind it all revolves around football. These extra events are all aimed at generating extra revenues which can then be funnelled into the fund pool available for the team. 25m a year iirc just from the NFL. That’s 250m in revenue we will have over the 2019-2028 period that we otherwise wouldn’t have had.

Do you have faith that any extra funds generated will be channeled into football? And if so, what is the basis of that?

Me and you just like to trash talk our club when the s**t hits the fan. It’s just the way we deal with things. I think a lot if not most fans are like that. Dr G is much more pragmatic about it and I don’t think totally gets our behaviour.

He’s a proper Yid so I’ll engage with Art every time.

I will likely disagree with him but he’s not a fairweather supporter.

There's pragmatic and Then there's this

I jumped on enic and levy very early days. You were both pragmatic at the time and I was being harsh

s**t has continued. You've now realised that nothings changed and the pragmatic view is now what we both hold.

Do you have faith that any extra funds generated will be channeled into football? And if so, what is the basis of that?
Not every cent. Some will be budgeted and forecast to offset debt repayments but I do believe the core reason for exploring these additional revenues is to expand our immediate short term finances and to expand our global brand, which would be aiming to expand our commercial revenue streams.

Dr G let’s be honest on this, you did go rather ballistic on me when all I said was now wasn’t the time for excuses during the Leipzig match. We need to stop these hostilities which I know is easier said than done when it comes to people who have entrenched opinions that are so far apart. But let’s not fall out over it, if we can holler and scream at each it’s all good as long as we remain on good terms.
I did. I am just fed up with every remark I pass during a game being scowled down.
I didn't make a positive remark, haven't for a few games actually. We all see the predicament we're in.

If remarking that in a knockout CL match that we needed to win to progress we have 3 kids on the bench irks you then that's your issue not mine.
I don't think you get me.
I like correctly attributing things. It comes from a background in business and accounting.

Everything must be accurately attributable.
To my mind our last manager was a brilliant tactician and man manager, woeful at substitutions, and by the end largely responsible for the large dip in form.

Most don't agree and that doesn't worry me, I do try and refrain from these convos. They seem to keep coming up after we lose a game and whatever remark I make gets jumped on for the stance I hold on our chairman. Highly unfair when most of the time he isn't even mentioned.

You like to vent during and after games. I move on quickly. Had gotten over the Leipzig loss within an hour of the final whistle.
I see no value in getting emotional in something that you can't control.

I know you want us to win every game we play, as do I, and as does everyone else in here. I just don't vent or get worked up about it, and don't agree with what needs to be done. We all know we will barely win more than 2-4 more games from here, if that.

As an aside I agree with Jose's view on where we are. Second half of the video.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So season off until April 3 at least. Good news for us if we look at things selfishly. A chance Kane and Son will play around 6 games this season if it does resume, which might give us a faint shot at top four

On the one hand we’ll get those guys back for our final stint of matches.

On the other hand there are reports that due to travel bans, inability to scout players or perform medicals, that if this coronavirus doesn’t subside the transfer window may also be postponed or cancelled.

Hugely excited for the forced break.

1) Some down time for the team to focus on some training. Can hopefully be a good thing, and let some bodies rest. Certain players can look to drop a KG or 5.

2) Liverpool fans are concerned if the season is cancelled they are trophyless

3) My weekends will be less depressing

The only downside is there will be less Spurs topics to talk about so the drivel in here will ramp up.

Hugely excited for the forced break.

1) Some down time for the team to focus on some training. Can hopefully be a good thing, and let some bodies rest. Certain players can look to drop a KG or 5.

2) Liverpool fans are concerned if the season is cancelled they are trophyless

3) My weekends will be less depressing

The only downside is there will be less Spurs topics to talk about so the drivel in here will ramp up.
Not so much drivel since aren't losing every few days!

I postponed the season until August a good month ago in fairness

Is anyone even missing our games not being played? Shows how bad we were going that I’m not missing it at all. Would be happy to just fast forward to next season whenever that may be

Is anyone even missing our games not being played? Shows how bad we were going that I’m not missing it at all. Would be happy to just fast forward to next season whenever that may be
Not at all. I think because of s**t KO times I probably would have only watched one or two more games live.

Not missing it, but we are all going to need something to take our minds of this s**t sooner or later. This soccer board is dead as well. Even the scousers have pretty much all ****ed off

Financial results, year end 30 June 2019 | Tottenham Hotspur
Financial Highlights
www.tottenhamhotspur.com

Revenue for the year ended 30 June 2019 was £460.7m (2018: £380.7m).

Premier League gate receipts were £34.3m (2018: £42.6m). Home matches in the 2018/19 season were played at Wembley Stadium for 14 of the 19 home Premier League games, and at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (“THS”) for the remaining five games.

The Club reached the Final of the UEFA Champions League (2018: Round of 16 of UEFA Champions League) resulting in gate receipts and prize money of £108.4m (2018: £62.2m). This represents the 13th time in the last 14 seasons that the Club has played in Europe.

Revenue from the domestic cup competitions earned the Club £3.1m (2018: £4.4m).

Television and media revenues increased to £149.9m (2018: £147.6m), due to an additional live televised game and overseas media revenues, whilst the Club finished 4th in the Premier League (2018: 3rd).

Sponsorship and corporate hospitality revenue was £120.3m (2018: £93.4m) and merchandising revenue was £20.6m (2018: £16.0m). Other revenue contributed £24.1m (2018: £14.5m).

Profit from operations, excluding football trading and before depreciation was £172.7m (2018: £162.5m). Profit for the year after all charges including interest and tax was £68.6m (2018: £113.0m).

The opening of THS in April 2019 has seen a significant investment in tangible assets totalling £1.4bn (2018: £1bn) – facilities which include the Training Centre, the new Players’ Lodge, Percy House, (home of the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation), Lilywhite House (Club offices), new retail warehouse, new Paxton House Ticket Office and the Tottenham Experience.

The total cost of intangible assets was £332m (2018: £327m) and subsequent to the year end a further £184m has been spent on player registrations.

These investments have been financed by profits made by the Club, advanced sponsorship monies and bank finance, principally from Bank of America Merrill Lynch International, Goldman Sachs Bank USA and HSBC Bank plc. At 30 June 2019, the Club had net debt of £534m (2018: £360m).

Subsequent to the year end, our total debt of £637m was converted in September 2019 into a mix of long-term maturities with an average life of 23 years.

Running the Club within Financial Fair Play regulations, whilst servicing debt and continuing to invest in both tangible and intangible assets continues to be a key focus for the Board.

Chairman, Daniel Levy:

“We are painfully aware that it seems wholly inappropriate to be giving any attention to the prior year’s financial results at a time when so many individuals and businesses face worrying and difficult times. We are however legally required to announce these by 31 March 2020.

“We are all facing uncertain times both at work and in our personal lives. I have spent nearly 20 years growing this Club and there have been many hurdles along the way – none of this magnitude – the COVID-19 pandemic is the most serious of them all.

“You will have noticed that we have, as a necessity, ceased all fan-facing operations. With such uncertainty we shall all need to work together to ensure the impact of this crisis does not undermine the future stability of the Club. This will include working with the wider football industry and its stakeholders to seek to restore the season – but only when it is safe and practical to do so.

Our priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff, players, partners, supporters and their families.

“We shall look to come out of this stronger and more resilient than ever. Our hope is that the virus peaks over the coming weeks and that we have a summer to enjoy.

“Please look after yourselves and stay safe and healthy. This is more important than football.”

Full report expected early April.

I only listen to The Extra Inch which is a bit more of the tactical side than some might like
I’ve been meaning to get back to you - top podcast. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back