The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WR, with all due respect, just because people disagree with you, it doesn't make them lefties, or snowflakes, or whatever.
True, but in this case the posters have prior form! I’m not including you and if you are against shooting looters I’d respect your opinion

What about people’s livelihoods, family owned shops etc? They have a right to the ultimate protection because looting spreads like wildfire. You have to be really tough because once anarchy gets a foothold that’s it.
Of course they have that right, I'm more saying that they're just a more unruly and aggressive nation and it manifests itself in many ways.

- Gun homicides
- Mass shootings
- police brutality
- looting

All things that seem to occur more often in the USA. Don't think it can be helped anymore, they're too far set on the path of aggression and it is far too ingrained in their culture. Maybe that's partly why there is a genuine fear to the point of needing a gun for protection.

Just the last month or so we've seen looting, a black man dying as a result of a policeman, without even researching I can safely assume a mass shooting somewhere, an armed protest in Michigan (which the president praised), and people being abused in shopping complexes all over the country for wearing masks and sometimes because they refuse to wear masks.

In 30 years in a far more docile country I can say that I've read about police brutality occasionally, gun homicides yearly (but far less frequently), mass shootings never, armed protests never and looting never.

It's what they've become and in many ways I pity them as a nation.

The guy with a ******* Kim Jong Dan avatar disagrees with you WR, probably time to concede here.
Nice chatting to you as well on this fine Friday Night.
Enjoy your weekend. :)

Of course they have that right, I'm more saying that they're just a more unruly and aggressive nation and it manifests itself in many ways.

- Gun homicides
- Mass shootings
- police brutality
- looting

All things that seem to occur more often in the USA. Don't think it can be helped anymore, they're too far set on the path of aggression and it is far too ingrained in their culture. Maybe that's partly why there is a genuine fear to the point of needing a gun for protection.

Just the last month or so we've seen looting, a black man dying as a result of a policeman, without even researching I can safely assume a mass shooting somewhere, an armed protest in Michigan (which the president praised), and people being abused in shopping complexes all over the country for wearing masks and sometimes because they refuse to wear masks.

In 30 years in a far more docile country I can say that I've read about police brutality occasionally, gun homicides yearly (but far less frequently), mass shootings never, armed protests never and looting never.

It's what they've become and in many ways I pity them as a nation.

Nice chatting to you as well on this fine Friday Night.
Enjoy your weekend. :)
Might be your best ever post

40 million people unemployed now in the country and the death toll related to Covid has passed 100,000. The US really is at boiling point.

And then he warns more people will be shot....yep because there isn’t enough pain and death already. What an embarrassing campaigner he is.
Biden has been crucifying him with his political ads of late. Still have this weird hunch he's re-elected though.
Or he joins Lincoln and Kennedy.

100,000 dead. and he spent time this week playing golf.
At the end of December last year a third of his days as POTUS had been spent on Trump resorts or playing golf, which he billed taxpayers for use of his facilities. Cheeky.

True, but in this case the posters have prior form! I’m not including you and if you are against shooting looters I’d respect your opinion

If you'd respect his opinion on it you should respect the opinion full stop. You've truly jumped the shark if you're advocating senselessly culling a population. May as well round people up into gulags if you think the working class are such scum.

Very elitist of you.

Certainly the standard attitude of the gun lovin' land of the seppo. Shoot anyone who invades my privacy.
So much of their problems start with their addiction to guns and gun culture.

Dumb bastards won't change a thing though.
Yep. Guns everywhere.

While driving through Tennessee we stopped at a redneck flea market and you could buy yourself a machine gun if you wanted. Crazy.

If you'd respect his opinion on it you should respect the opinion full stop. You've truly jumped the shark if you're advocating senselessly culling a population. May as well round people up into gulags if you think the working class are such scum.

Very elitist of you.
Lol “senselessly culling a population”. Wow no one is capable of skewering words like you SM. And now I think the “working class are such scum”. No mate, I think looters are scum. Most probably don’t work so technically are they even working class?

I can’t really respect the hard left set of posters on here I’m sorry. Cruyffy I can because he’s not part of that sect. Already they’ve played the morally superior card by claiming they have compassion where as someone like me doesn’t. I have compassion too, but it’s for the law abiding citizens who contribute positively to society. Therein lies the difference. Very elitist of me indeed

I have compassion too, but it’s for the law abiding citizens who contribute positively to society.
Do you have compassion for the man killed by the police while clearly restrained?

Do you have compassion for the man killed by the police while clearly restrained?
Of course I do. It’s most unfortunate what happened. I’ll wait for the full facts to come out first though. Their policing is often brutal that much is obvious. Apparently though it’s important to realise that more whites are killed by the police than blacks. You would never expect that from the coverage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course I do. It’s most unfortunate what happened. I’ll wait for the full facts to come out first though. Their policing is often brutal that much is obvious. Apparently though it’s important to realise that more whites are killed by the police than blacks. You would never expect that from the coverage

Source for that?

Their policing is often brutal that much is obvious. Apparently though it’s important to realise that more whites are killed by the police than blacks. You would never expect that from the coverage
The sheer number of people killed by police in the US black/white justified/unjustified sums up their issues

The sheer number of people killed by police in the US black/white justified/unjustified sums up their issues
The great melting pot that is the USA has got problems that look pretty insurmountable. It’s all coming apart isn’t it.

I'd also be interested in all recorded deaths from police brutality since the death in question wasn't from police shooting.
I’m sure they would be along similar lines. You could probably find out if you know how to use google

Predictable as always.
I’ve got CNN now. They’re pushing a narrative that the reporter was black who was arrested while a white colleague with him wasn’t. They are literally trying to fuel a race war over there

I’ve got CNN now. They’re pushing a narrative that the reporter was black who was arrested while a white colleague with him wasn’t. They are literally trying to fuel a race war over there

Are their facts wrong?

I’m sure they would be along similar lines. You could probably find out if you know how to use google

I thought since you were so fascinated and likely to discredit any source I cited, you'd be better placed to look it up.

Never mind.

Blacks 2.8 times higher fatality rate than whites.

Black victims more likely to be unarmed when killed.

White victims more likely to be 'suicide by cop'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back