Autopsy vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

We ran out the game really strongly, credit has to go to our preparation and fitness program. I know they are shortened quarters but the travel time and the fact that this was our first hit out in 90 + days agienst a full strength, highly fancied opposition on their home deck is impressive no matter which angle you look at it from.

Happy to roll unchanged for next week. But Larkey if available comes in for wood and Marley, if he comes in then its for Hayden but he would be stiff - didn't look out of place at all down back.

LMac and JMac both really good. Dumont and Anderson both full of defensive efforts. Polec looked crisp. Goldy looked fantastic. A lot of the boys looked like they had trimmed down, certainly had the edge fitness wise. All in all a really well drilled and fit side got the chocolates, on the back of a consistent effort from both old and young. Really enjoyed that.

Edit - Jy looking like becoming a genuine midfield weapon.

That was a very even performance.

We have a bunch of talented players that can all weigh in now

Zurhaar, simpkin, hall, higgins, polec, cunnington, thomas, Taylor.

All of those boys can be threats.

We ran out the game really strongly, credit has to go to our preparation and fitness program. I know they are shortened quarters but the travel time and the fact that this was our first hit out in 90 + days agienst a full strength, highly fancied opposition on their home deck is impressive no matter which angle you look at it from.
not bruise free running either,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering the circumstances we find ourselves in in 2020 and quality of the opposition (probably the best GWS lineup in their history), this is probably our finest win in more than a decade.

Difference between Shaw and Scott. Shaw has embraced our culture and built a team and game plan that plays to those strengths.

Love what I saw today.

Last edited:
Glorious.

Love our style of crash and bash. Awesome win
Kingy during the commentary
'take your 50 meters and start a fight, take another 50 meters and start a fight'

This I like, I like a lot.

I may be a bit sensitive, but it’s in mine with the usual narrative that other teams lose to use rather than we beat them.

I read it as they had no excuses to get smashed that heavily on the outside - which they don't, they have more talent on their list than any side.

The tweet implies we just outworked them, not that they lost it.

Considering the circumstances we find ourselves in in 2020 and quality of the opposition (probably the best GWS lineup in their history), this is probably our finest win in more than a decade.

Difference between Shaw and Scott, Shaw has embraced our culture and built a team and game plan that plays to those strengths.

Love what I saw today.
There is no excuses with Rhyce. If you want to be a part of it, then to use his catchphrase, you have to invest.

You always felt like Brad gave these guys an out sometime.

Goldstein absolutely colossal

Jy is a star and still miles away from his peak

Give Zurhaar the #18

McDonald totally nullified Greene, great effort

Walker is a fantastic addition

Polec just about best on ground

Pittard solid as a rock defensively and creative going the other way

Curtis Taylor has talent and smarts to spare

Fantastic job coaching by Shaw - tactics on point, and the team showed up physically and mentally ready to perform for 4 quarters. We were relentless, we can beat anyone if we’re going to play like that week in week out
I hope Cam Z stays with the 44. Suits him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back