Autopsy vs Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

If we just tried a little bit harder we would've won today. I'm looking foward to Larkey coming back into forward line.

Besides Ahern's couple of good kicks. I have no idea what else he did. Offered very little.
Not much. Can't do much in the way of pressure.

A barometer, for me, is how easily the opposition moves the ball from defence. Last week, GWS struggled, and we constantly picked up their kicks from defence and reloaded. Much less of that pressure today and Sydney were able to consistently launch attacks from their backline.

Another indicator is our work rate, and Sydney's was superior today.

42fbcdb9-6646-4c78-8a64-f1a92e056c89-png.896140

Hall played well in the second half, if he kicked those goals early it would have been a big game.

Also the Swans played really well in the contested situations which broke us up on the outside. How they were able to get so much room to move is beyond me.

Even when they ran and ran, they were still within our grasp to pinch it off them. Good teams would've punished them and got home. We didn't.

A few questions I asked myself during the game:
Who can we bring in for Atley? Enough is enough.
Is Ziebell best 22?
Why does Ben Brown flop around? Such a bad look.
Can we bring in Xerri for Wood yet?
How far away is Will Walker?

Changes for next week:
Out: Hayden, Wood, Bonar
In: Williams, Xerri, Cunnington

I wouldn’t be dropping Hayden, that’s for sure. He looks really promising. As I mentioned earlier, he probably cost us the game at the start of the third. However, he’s shaping up as a gem. Once he gets in sync with the speed of the game at AFL level, he won’t get caught in possession like today. I’d rather see him being positioned outside our defensive 50 where he can get used to the speed of the game without his errors costing goals. Marley should have come in for Cunnington, in my view. LMac could have easily been moved to the middle. Marley would have been a much better match up for Papley. LMac was too tall and slow for the job.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure if it's been mentioned, i haven't read all the comments, but Polec had 93 metres gained, I think that says it all about his game and how if effects the side,

I'm all in on Ahern, but if they don't play him in the guts, I don't see the point in playing him, the guy's a clearance king, let him clear!!

Deadset taking the piss calling Pittard solid especially when you have McDonald as bad.

McDonald got well beaten defensively and offered nothing the other way.

Pittard mostly won his battle defensively. His disposal was wasteful, but that's more on our midfield for being unable to offer good options and forcing him into trying to make plays he's not capable of.

His effort and ability to offer options was second to only a few today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much. Can't do much in the way of pressure.
Playing him on the HBF is a bit of a bottleneck in terms of his abilities. He can hit targets under extreme pressure in the middle or clear it to a leading forward with ease.

I don't know why we didn't shuffle our players around to mess with their structures. It was a Brad Scott-esque tactical display today.

No Cunners meant a clearance player was needed, we put JZ in there instead. Such a Brad Scott move that doesn't work. Ahern was the man to go in there and have a crack.

A few blokes got found out
The Goal kicking or lack of....
The field kicking.....
I like watching the swans, seriously, they get the best out of what they’ve got

did I mention the goal kicking
Bb goldy jz hall Simpkin ALL IN THE 2nd Qtr

We choked

Shaw: Sydney was really strong at the contest, and we just didn't match it for periods of the game.
Shaw: The momentum of the game was really with the Swans. We were really trying to peg it back.

The Swans were also without their star forward in Franklin. He would've kicked at least 5 today considering the pace the ball came in.
Franklin is finished. We were missing Cunners and it showed.

Livid.

Umpiring: A certified ****ing disgrace. A woeful display of one-sidededness when it came to iffy calls.The swines players basically began throw their arms in the air upon any contact after half time.

Rhyce Shaw: Picked a bad side for this match and was tactically spanked as a result.

Jasper Pittard: Worst game in a North jumper.

Tarryn Thomas: Terrible. Reputations are earned kid. Should be dropped.

Aiden Bonar: I have been reserved about this bloke and on today's effort it was with good reason. Looked out of place.

Shaun Higgins: Ineffectual.

Paul Ahern: Same old, same old. Delist.

The entire coaching panel: The inability to execute basic skills is an alarming issue for this team.

Threw a brick through the TV, then went to JB-Hi-Fi's to get a new TV, just to throw a brick through that one too.

That's how frustratingly disappointing that game was in the context of our development.

That’s the most North Melbourne performance I’ve ever seen. Jy Simpkin fantastic. Rest of the team pathetic.

Jonathan Hay played better games for the club than what Jasper Pittard did today.
sadly reminisant. Pittard is way ahead of himself. Early in year he was saying how wonderful it was to be accepted no matter what. What the ......

Great: Simpkin, Goldstein
Solid: Hall, Pittard, Anderson
Passable: Dumont, Walker, Tarrant, Brown
Not good enough: Ziebell, Zurhaar, Higgins, Macmillan, Ahern, Wood,
Bad: Polec, Taylor*, McDonald, Atley
Awful: Hayden*, Bonar*, Thomas*

*All understandable considering their age. But they were sub-AFL standard today.

Positives
- Simpkin is a legit star.
- We kept trying
- Isaac Heeney will eventually retire
Most of the others are about right but I thought Anderson was Terrible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back