Preview Rd 4 Sydney vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of dropping players after 2 games.

He was starving last year for the most part as well. Should have been dropped numerous times last year. Oh ! and btw I think the kid has a stack of ability but If he is to utilise it he needs not be playing at a level he he currently is not capable of because his confidence will be shot before long and it is a hard road back for a very young player.

What role would that be ? Sitting on his arse doing completely nothing. He should be delisted. He gets paid to play Football. He does not do it. ****ing joke that they continue with the calamity he has been and continues to be.

i said all of that with my 7 words

He was starving last year for the most part as well. Should have been dropped numerous times last year.
True but its a new year. Give him a couple more. Plus there's no seconds this season so I'd be very hesitant to drop a senior player for form reason this year.

So you persist with a bloke at AFL Level who cannot get a touch ? He could not get a kick in a stampede.

He was a lot better last week than the week prior. Needs to work harder though

It's kinda harsh cause I liked what I saw of McInerney and he was stiff to be dropped but I'd be happy if we kept the side from last week and only made the forced changes. We will need a hard, mature side to stand a chance this week. Examples like that bump by Fox or those bone-crunching tackles late in the game by JPK & Heeney, you're just not likely to see that from a kid.

If Naismith and Brand are ready to go then Sinclair and McCartin are the logical outs.

If Naismith and Brand are ready to go then Sinclair and McCartin are the logical outs.

Pretty sure McCartin has already been ruled out well that’s what an article said today. I can’t agree on Brand coming back. Sinclair at worst gives us a forward option

Naismith if fit is a no brainer. I would prefer to go in small vs the dogs and try match their speed.

In: Naismith, McInerney, Brand
Out: McCartin, McClean, Sinclair

Also keen to see Stephens - but I guess patience is required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure McCartin has already been ruled out well that’s what an article said today. I can’t agree on Brand coming back. Sinclair at worst gives us a forward option

Brand was arguably our most reliable one on one defender in the first two games. He's easily best 22.

My selection choices all hinge on Naismith being fit. If he plays I want 3 tall forwards in Sinclair, McLean & Blakey. If he's not ready I'd keep Hayward in as another marking option. I don't think Hayward has warranted his spot but with only 1 tall key defender for the doggies if we can win in the air we should be able to get on top.

Naismith if fit is a no brainer. I would prefer to go in small vs the dogs and try match their speed.

In: Naismith, McInerney, Brand
Out: McCartin, McClean, Sinclair

Also keen to see Stephens - but I guess patience is required.

Bulldogs may be small but their back line of Keath, Cordy, Crozier and Suckling were marking everything in sight last week against GWS, who are better at delivering inside 50 than we are. If we drop McLean, with McCartin out, that basically leaves Heeney and Blakey as our only forward targets.

Brand was arguably our most reliable one on one defender in the first two games. He's easily best 22.

I agree that he was good in the first two games, but the reality may be that we're a more dangerous and suited defence with him not in. Many forward lines are going smaller atm (the pre-Tom Lynch Richmond 2017 and Collingwood models) and we might only need Rampe and Aliir to cover talls right now. This week we've got Bruce and Naughton and then a bunch of smalls to contain. Rampe and Aliir can do the talls job.

I guess the decision is who is the 7th defender. The options to me are:

- stick with O'Riordan
- drop O'Riordan and bring in Brand and let Rampe play on small/medium forwards
- drop O'Riordan and move Cunningham full time to defence (then perhaps bring in Stephens on a wing)
- drop O'Riordan and bring in Gould/Stoddart

I'd be picking between the 2nd and 3rd options personally.

I agree that he was good in the first two games, but the reality may be that we're a more dangerous and suited defence with him not in. Many forward lines are going smaller atm (the pre-Tom Lynch Richmond 2017 and Collingwood models) and we might only need Rampe and Aliir to cover talls right now. This week we've got Bruce and Naughton and then a bunch of smalls to contain. Rampe and Aliir can do the talls job.

I guess the decision is who is the 7th defender. The options to me are:

- stick with O'Riordan
- drop O'Riordan and bring in Brand and let Rampe play on small/medium forwards
- drop O'Riordan and move Cunningham full time to defence (then perhaps bring in Stephens on a wing)
- drop O'Riordan and bring in Gould/Stoddart

I'd be picking between the 2nd and 3rd options personally.

And if Aliir has an off game? Or Naughton gets hold of Rampe (which has happened before)?? Then what?

Having Brand locked down in one of those posts frees up Rampe or Aliir to be in more of an attacking role. Our defence has always worked best when they are helping each other out and allowing each other to leave their man and play loose when need be. We need that option IMO.

Back six would then be Brand, Rampe, Aliir, Mills, Dawson and O'Riordan, with Lloyd & Cunningham also rotating between half back and the wing where they're both more damaging.

I think bulldogs will win unfortunately, think we will be the team that wins every second week, drops home games, wins away Etc and struggles for consistency

I thought the same, a bit like 2018. But honestly given where this team's at we'd take that every day of the week.

We just won last game without him. Fox was a great inclusion even though they aren’t like for like

Brand coming back in frees up Rampe and/or Aliir. That gives the team more of a boost than Fox.

Fox gives us versatility, plus look at our opponent we don’t need many true key backs

Fox gives us versatility, plus look at our opponent we don’t need many true key backs
Bruce and Naughton both require KPD sized opponents. Bontempelli swinging forward also needs a larger player to cover him. I'd definitely be going in with all three of Brand, Rampe and Aliir to cover those players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back