Autopsy Rnd 8 Blues get the 4 points but .... yuck

Who were your 5 best players in Round 8 vs North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I only post on here once in a blue moon so admittedly i have no clout whatsoever. But can i just say that as a long suffering blues fan (like the rest of you), I feel like we've lost a bit of perspective with all the anger and vitriol after the WIN today. Remember when we used to have to play out of our skin to get the win 2-3 times a year? I do. Remember when our next gen were Menzel, Lucas and Graham? I do.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be aiming for a higher standard as we move up the ladder, of course we should. All I'm saying is we ******* won today, some of the melts about certain players and decisions are ridiculous considering where we have come from. We got 4 points in the bank and we should all remember that's a beautiful thing.

We are Carlton, **** the rest

Wins a win but the standard of the game, 55 frees, htb etc just had me in a s**t mood for a little :)

I think we are all quite clear on the fact that you don't like Murphy and would like to see him out of the team.
Unfortunately for you, that's not your decision and he will be part of the team as long as the coaches believe he brings value and serves a specific purpose.

Banging on about it relentlessly won't change anything.

Whatever your personal opinion is at this stage you really can't deny that he has been a highly valuable player for us over the years. To deny that he has possessed some elite skills is just laughable.
I loved Murph back in the day, however these days I just see him flopping for frees or corralling rather than going hard more often than not.

With his age and family circumstances I'd send him and Betts back to Melbourne now so that they get in some family time, refresh and be prepared post bye.

Use their spots and our injuries to give a few younger blokes a run - Fisher, Honey, O'Brien, Dow.

With his age and family circumstances I'd send him and Betts back to Melbourne now so that they get in some family time, refresh and be prepared post bye.

Use their spots and our injuries to give a few younger blokes a run - Fisher, Honey, O'Brien, Dow.

Wouldn’t be against this at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he just needs to add some composure. The free kick he gave away today after Gov marked it never needed to happen. I'm sure the club will work through the vision with him and have a talk to him through the week.
According to SHS this morning, he's reportedly on over 1mill, (more than Cripps on about 900 thou.) Nice playmaker, and had some great games, but quiet in others. On that money would expect him to be a little more consistent. His missed goal from 20m out could have hurt us. Missed a vital goal last week against Port in last quarter, which if he had kicked would probably have won us the game.​

According to SHS this morning, he's reportedly on over 1mill, (more than Cripps on about 900 thou.) Nice playmaker, and had some great games, but quiet in others. On that money would expect him to be a little more consistent. His missed goal from 20m out could have hurt us. Missed a vital goal last week against Port in last quarter, which if he had kicked would probably have won us the game.​
This type of reporting is garbage. His 2020 salary is high, but that was just to ensure we got him in the psd. His average salary over his tenure is much lower.

Martin is about to come into his prime, will only get better

While he has had some poor moments, has been crucial in our wins

I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to realise both of Cuningham’s goals come directly from norf players hand balling it to him. Thanks guys.
He's very good at intercepting the opposition hand pass, also how he got the shot on goal against port in the last 2 minutes last week.

I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to realise both of Cuningham’s goals come directly from norf players hand balling it to him. Thanks guys.
Cuningham is an excellent wet-weather player, noted by how he was so clean in his handling & kicking of the ball in those atrocious conditions.

As strange as it is to say after an underwhelming game, but I think this match finally confirms for me that Carlton is actually a good side again, even more than the last two weeks. Commentators say that good teams find a way to win even when they're playing poorly, and boy were some playing poorly today! But going into a match-up like this as favourites, we definitely would have lost this in the last 8 years. Especially given that:
  • Haven't beaten North since 2014
  • Haven't won at the Gabba since 2013
  • Our best performing key forward in McKay was a late withdrawal with no quality replacement
  • McGovern out injured for a half
  • Cripps managed in the last quarter after getting kicked in that marking contest
  • Shockingly 1-sided umpiring, especially in the last half (With the exception of the 100 metre penalty which was just as awful but in our favour)
  • Wet conditions

The bad Carlton teams of the last decade were, on rare occasion, able to challenge top sides sometimes and beat up on weaker unprepared teams. But none of them would have won today, which is why this "disappointing win" is for me the best proof so far that we're a quality team again.
Repeatedly cringe-worthy performance outside the first quarter and a bit, but yes, we take the W and move forward.

Ugly game in the end but as people have said, 4 points!

Setters was very good, have said all along his handballing is Cripps like. Now we have 2 of them.

Different players are standing up and having great games across this year, the spread is exciting.

Imagine when they all really click, together?!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back