Game Day Round 9 vs Melbourne @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

You watch Malbun scrag and hit off the ball and Ports to react giving away a zillion frees

We've all seen this script and the inevitable result
Cue the AFL Umpiring Fraternity performance where they are out to prove that commenting on the umpiring in the media doesn't get you any favours the following week.

Happy BDay.

Melbourne by 13.

We can win, especially if the boys haven't let the recent form slide affect their internal confidence, but it is just so hard to see how it will actually happen.

They will flood back and slow our scoring, they will clog the corridor and force the kick to Charlie game, and they will create a clearance based game where their ruck dominance should have a field day. And given how sh*t our defence is, we will leak scores with ease out the back of clearances as always.
The thing is, it's not at Adelaide Oval, which makes me feel a bit better about our chances. Hopefully they're embarrassed by what they served up against the Saints, and give it one helluva crack tonight.

We got smashed in ruck last game, so you would think some help for Ladhams would be on the cards, Hayes would have been on of my ins.

Typical Ken. If you drive into a pot hole with your car, do you repeat the same thing next time?

Hinkley will never learn.

So word is that Melbourne only allowed approx 100 tickets to PAFC members, the rest for their own members. No game ticket this time for me. Carlton home game there was a few hundred port there...and our home games at Metricon there has been about 500 or so oppo supporters.

Have had no trouble for tickets until this game and apparently Melb did the same for their ‘home’ game in Sydney against GCS.

They deserve to be smashed tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port by 5 points in a horrid spectacle.

I'll take it ;)

I've tried not to get too annoyed about the selection ennui so typical of Hinkley, because as a few other have said, I have a sneaking suspicion we will win this.

If we don't we could easily miss finals and that's his goose cooked.

There was still no logic or justification for retaining Westhoff, even if he does play one out of the box.

Been enthusiastic about every game until now.

Today I just can't:
- the umpires are going to s**t me
- the vicbias commentary is going to s**t me
- Gawn smashing us is going to s**t me

On top of that our players having to go to South Brisbane after what's been going on there with Covid shits me.

Maybe I'll feel more interested by game time, but at the moment its just meh.

30 point loss incoming.

Upside is the flight to Brisbane is not at stupid o’clock.

Downside Westhoff is playing and will be useless again. Gawn to smash Laddhams and Port to be flat for another game.
we are coming off a 4 day break and the game was played in the wet

I am surprised at Port supporters pessimism tbh

we are coming off a 4 day break and the game was played in the wet

I am surprised at Port supporters pessimism tbh

Westhoff has had less than 20 possessions in total in his last 3 games, no Lycett, Rozee is continually playing injured and the cherry on top is that Ken Hinkley is our coach. I could probably go on but you should get the gist! As Port supporters, we know how this will end after many years of living through the same season.

Westhoff has had less than 20 possessions in total in his last 3 games, no Lycett, Rozee is continually playing injured and the cherry on top is that Ken Hinkley is our coach. I could probably go on but you should get the gist! As Port supporters, we know how this will end after many years of living through the same season.
Don't forget who you are playing though

It's not like Melbourne have been a beacon of success

Either way good luck, one group of supporters will end up being pleasantly surprised after the game*

* expect a draw

I re-watched the first 3 qtrs of the SK game.
My recollection was that Ladhams was slaughtered for the whole game.
This is not so.
For the first one and a half qtrs he was very much breaking even, before he collapsed for the rest of the game. My recollection of his performance was biased by this latter bit.
He just needed stronger onfield support.

He's no twig of a guy, with a strong body, so we have to back his resilience in tonight to extend his influence beyond the first part of the game.

I think he's a quick learner.

Expecting a good rub from the umpires so we have a win. Unless there is any school review debacle, which will obviously go in Melbourne favor. So maybe Melbourne win. I don’t know. It’s nice to see the negativity group back on the forum - The positivity of recent times was making me nauseous 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back