Review Round 9, 2023 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally Im starting to wonder what good Marshall is doing when he is out there, the games he has missed with concussion is the best out forward line has looked in years. To watch Finlayson lead at the kicker, double back, not get outmarked, have a second effort etc was kind of refreshing tbh.
The forward line is 10x better with Marshall in

It's already been pointed out to you several times that this isn't true, you ******* weirdo. You just don't respond and post it again. Are you a bot?
Ben McKay was drafted by North Melbourne with their first selection and twenty-first overall in the 2015 draft.

Since 2016 has played 57 games.

Ben McKay was drafted by North Melbourne with their first selection and twenty-first overall in the 2015 draft.

That's 7 years. Learn to count.

What relevance do you think it has to injury history that Fantasia played more AFL games in 2016 and 2017 when he was an established AFL player than McKay did when he was an undeveloped teenager? Jason Horne-Francis has also played less AFL games than Fantasia over the last 7 years.

40 of those games have been played in 2021, 22, & so far in 23

In that same period, Orazio has played 19 games.
It's also one more game than Fantasia has played in the last five years.

It’s difficult to judge how good he is playing for a club like Norf.
Imagine waking up in the morning with the thought your playing in defence for the kangaroos 🤪
I agree your spot on if he comes cheap it’s worth a go.
I just hope we do our due diligence on him.

There are the injuries, his overall recent form but also the fact that he is playing for team that loses so automatically.

It would be hard to rock up after a while. The ball would be put on a platter to his direct opponent.

I've seen highlights and he is a great mark but that was a while ago.

Edit - Also, Macca19 on another thread has a good point. Has he checked out of the Kangaroos already?

Lots of variables to work out.

Last edited:
Aidan Corr picked up 1 match for the strike on Lord. Intentional, high, low impact. About what it was worth - you don’t want kids seeing that (unless he is Tom Lynch, then it would be thrown out)

Interestingly, Zurhaar was fined $3k for rough conduct on JHF - careless, high contact, low impact….

10 Zak Butters (PORT)
8 Miles Bergman (PORT)
6 Connor Rozee (PORT)
2 Todd Goldstein (NMFC)
2 Jeremy Finlayson (PORT)
2 Jack Ziebell (NMFC)

LEADERBOARD​

51 Nick Daicos (COLL)
43 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
43 Christian Petracca (MELB)
41 Zak Butters (PORT)
38 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
36 Jordan De Goey (COLL)
34 Jeremy Cameron (GEEL)
34 Jordan Dawson (ADEL)
34 Callum Wilkie (STK)
32 Noah Anderson (GCFC)
32 Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)
31 Matt Rowell (GCFC)
30 Lachie Neale (BL)
29 Toby Greene (GWS)
29 Jack Sinclair (STK)
28 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
27 Darcy Moore (COLL)
27 Connor Rozee (PORT)

Evans saved himself with a big last quarter - 8 touches, kicked 1.1 and 2 assists. second highest ball winner in the 4th after Wines.

Only North, but thats easily his biggest contribution in an AFL game
Evans is a 2 goal a game player if played the whole game. Works hard and smart too, as we saw in the pre-season games. However we have a number of players around that level so from the outside he's still a coin-toss for selection. I like him but I'm not dying on a hill demanding his retention this week.

40 of those games have been played in 2021, 22, & so far in 23

In that same period, Orazio has played 19 games.
It's also one more game than Fantasia has played in the last five years.
Be carefull what you wish for.
In the same period Ben's twin brother Harry has played 95 games for Carlton.
That is about a third more then the injury prone Ben

Evans is a 2 goal a game player if played the whole game. Works hard and smart too, as we saw in the pre-season games. However we have a number of players around that level so from the outside he's still a coin-toss for selection. I like him but I'm not dying on a hill demanding his retention this week.
He breaks tackles and takes over head marks, he will eventually take McEntee spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He breaks tackles and takes over head marks, he will eventually take McEntee spot.
Yeah the 'hard to tackle' side of that gives him an SPP sort of edge over Meade and McEntee who'd be amongst his main rivals for a spot. Newly invented forward Darcy Byrne-Jones probably a bit ahead still.

Huh? That would mean none of our reserves would be available. What am I missing here?

Nothing, just some posters thinking he couldn't come up for Friday after playing Sunday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back