Review Round 9, 2023 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

It will take painful five years for North to be fixed, at the minimum. Clarkson is really good, but he is not a wizard. He can do it, but he needs time.

Port did what we usually do against bad teams: we dominate. We have been one of the most reliable teams against bottom sides for years.

So, nothing new. Next week, though, should be really interesting.

Would offer 450-500k because we're desperate. If someone is offering more, he can go there.
It’s difficult to judge how good he is playing for a club like Norf.
Imagine waking up in the morning with the thought your playing in defence for the kangaroos 🤪
I agree your spot on if he comes cheap it’s worth a go.

To win with possibly our worst looking side on paper was a bloody good effort.

As well as they played ( teakle excepted) Can’t roll into melb with mead, evans, mcentee, teakle and lord in the side.. that’s potentially 5 players that mightn’t touch it next week.

Not sure how we will kick more than 8-10 goals against melb with our forward line.

Almost can’t win the game with our injuries. Be a huge effort from players and coaches if we get up. Would almost be our best win in a decade.

Butters and Bergman were epic. Really liked Evans and his clever disposal. Jet was good. Meady played probably his best game. Lord some nice moments.

Was real nice to win this one by heaps

The way Evans from memory broke the tackle and got through the hand ball in the forward line used all of his ‘I look like a truck because I trained in the gym at Geelong’ force.

He is another no fuss player. It’s like we are quietly building a team of Josh Mahoneys.

To win with possibly our worst looking side on paper was a bloody good effort.

As well as they played ( teakle excepted) Can’t roll into melb with mead, evans, mcentee, teakle and lord in the side.. that’s potentially 5 players that mightn’t touch it next week.

Not sure how we will kick more than 8-10 goals against melb with our forward line.

Almost can’t win the game with our injuries. Be a huge effort from players and coaches if we get up. Would almost be our best win in a decade.

Positive start to Mothers Day!

What can’t they all play well - the team has complete buy in at the moment, no matter who comes in we seem to all be on the same page.

I’m really like the total team defence chasing the oppo down like rabbid dogs. It’s great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positive start to Mothers Day!

What can’t they all play well - the team has complete buy in at the moment, no matter who comes in we seem to all be on the same page.

I’m really like the total team defence chasing the oppo down like rabbid dogs. It’s great.
Yep we are all loving the team defence no doubt

Different level between the sanfl side that is north and a high quality afl side.. need just about ya best lineup to compete with this team. Too many out. The potential fwd line we roll out will have no chance

Not too mention the fact we will get pantsed in ruck.

does any one have the average games for the teams yesterday?

With Port fielding Teakle (6 games), Lord (3), McEntee (16), Williams (7), Evans (10) and Mead (14), that’s 6 players with less than 20 games of experience.

Norths had Seezel (9), Drury (2), Bergman (6) and Spirfer (7).

I was actually a little surprised seeing the number of 200+ players as well - 3 for each side.

North’s actually have a pretty similar profile to Port. So I am surprised at how poor they were.

With Port fielding Teakle (6 games), Lord (3), McEntee (16), Williams (7), Evans (10) and Mead (14), that’s 6 players with less than 20 games of experience.

I was actually a little surprised seeing the number of 200+ players as well - 3 for each side.

North’s actually have a pretty similar profile to Port. So I am surprised at how poor they were.
Great isn’t it 😂

You cant play Lycett on a 5 day break if he plays tomorrow.

Either they withdraw him from the game tomorrow or we are stuck with Teakle on Friday night.

So how is it Collingwood played Adelaide with a five day break? Collingwood played on Anzac Day then fronted the following Sunday. Was this a case of the 'flexible' AFL doing a sweetheart deal with the AFLPA?

If Lycett is fit I would opt for giving him another week off then picking him against Melbourne. Teakle may as well not be there against Gawn and co.

If only there was another serviceable ruck option on the list 🤔
If Hayes doesnt play ruck today then that is his career done at Port. We have Lycett-plodder and Teakle-plodder in front of him somehow. Not sure how they think slow as sh*t ruckman can help our team around the park.

North were 25 years 0 months we were 25 years 3 months. They were marginally younger.

North averaged 95.3 games per player while we averaged 90.3 games per player, seems a lot of games per player but I guess a player could get to 100 games in 5-6 seasons and for North Goldstein, Shiels, Ziebell and McDonald have probably played over 1000 games between them.

Last edited:
You cant play Lycett on a 5 day break if he plays tomorrow.

Either they withdraw him from the game tomorrow or we are stuck with Teakle on Friday night.
I have an idea!

Play lycett half a game in ruck then play Hayes half a game. Then select Hayes for afl as he isnt looking like a dinosaur.

Pretty good training run. Thought we kept to the structure with players out , the back up and pressure was good .
Butters and Bergman kept their rise going , Williams was good again . Teakle got beaten in the ruck again but he did get a bit more involved . Wether he can make it is another story . Visentini the next cab off the rank .
Finlayson was good again continuing to be a fantastic recruit , funny at the time thinking why would we need a bland flakey forward , how wrong was I , he’s passion team oriented consistent versatile player.
McEntee is a slow burn but showing a little bit , he might make it , Evans was ok probably worth another game .
Mead was excellent in the second quarter but faded but one quarter is possibly something to build on .
Am convinced by Williams though , he’s almost up with Burton already .
Bonner was ok
Farrell was ok
Jonas was ok
Allir, Burton and Houston we’re all good as usual
Drew was good
Not a lot to take from it but a good tune up

Lycett can't play off a 5 day break from playing against South Adelaide?

How soft has society become?

clint eastwood kids GIF

I have an idea!

Play lycett half a game in ruck then play Hayes half a game. Then select Hayes for afl as he isnt looking like a dinosaur.
Lycett has to play at least a half in today's game to get a feel of the footy in match conditions, if he can't do that without pulling up sore he should be no chance of selection for friday's game against the dees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back