Review Round 9, 2023 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

If Lycett has a reasonable game tomorrow and he stays fit he has to come in. Lycett is not the complete answer but he is better than what we have. A 35 year old finished with 55 hit outs today and brushed Teakle aside with ease. if Goldstein can get 55 hit outs against Teakle I shudder to think what Max Gawn will do.
You cant play Lycett on a 5 day break if he plays tomorrow.

Either they withdraw him from the game tomorrow or we are stuck with Teakle on Friday night.

We were missing 6 of our best 7 forwards and still had 100 points on the board well before three quarter time. Fold North Melbourne immediately.

Keep the cones in the AFL

Yeah Jonas had half a dozen touches and kicked a goal.
Proaly his best game for 3 years, but still in our bottom 4 players today.
I think it was the tone he set at the start. Midfield was poor first qtr but he gave a bit. He’s cooked though and think he needs to retire at the end of the year.

For any fools calling for Lycett in, already this year he's conceded 137 SC points and 8 coaches votes for Darcy Cameron, 121 SC and 3 coaches votes for Reilly O'Brien, and 145 SC points and 2 coaches votes for Tim English. He is just as bad as Teakle, you just don't remember it as vividly because of recency bias.

There's only one ruck option on our list who even might have a chance of curbing the opposition's ruck dominance. You all know who it is.
For as bad as Lycett is now, he's still better than Teakle. Teakle is one of the worst players to ever play for Port Adelaide at AFL level and has never demonstrated any potential that he could be an AFL level ruckman, and is completely uncompetitive. Lycett whether we like it or not is at least partially competitive, and though we think he's s**t, it's also because we just judge him by a higher standard. Lycett gets judged as a mature AFL, former premiership team ruck. A standard he isn't remotely close to these days. Teakle gets judged like a developing young ruck, with some potential, problem with Teakle is he has basically zero potential and ability.

I totally agree that a side with Hayes out there today probably absolutely dominates the clearances and isn't reliant on sheer pressure, turnovers and a gulf in ability in tight to get on top in there. However he's been ruled out and I've accepted it.

My frustrations are a few fold. Teakle hasn't even been developing his ruck craft at SANFL level, let alone demanding selection. He was picked last year off the back of average form, we appeared to find out he was no good as a first ruck and then moved him back this year, but now suddenly we've reverted to putting back in ruck a guy that just has zero future as an AFL ruck. Then he has come in and has performed as bad as I can remember a player ever being (and being persisted with). He should never have been selected, he should never have been persisted with, and we'd honestly be better off putting SPP in ruck right now. He is wasting a space and providing nothing. Put Visentini in if you're going to just get hammered in ruck, at least the kid will be growing with practice, and at least he has a future. He is better than Teakle as a ruck already. Lastly if you are going to decide to use Teakle out of desperation because of our injury crisis, then play him as a 3rd tall forward, and play Finlayson in ruck. There's zero reason right now why Teakle should be number 1 ruck. There's a multitude of different options we should be taking before picking Teakle.

I don't blame Teakle personally, he's trying his best. He's just no good. He should be delisted. It's the coaches fault he is being embarrassed weekly, it's insane that we are putting him out there week after week. Goldys performance today was testament to that, I honestly can't remember an AFL ruck being so dominant. Those hitouts were a thing of beauty. Just so thankful our mids played such great defensive roles.

I think it was the tone he set at the start. Midfield was poor first qtr but he gave a bit. He’s cooked though and think he needs to retire at the end of the year.

I enjoyed Jonas bashing people but as a player he's absolutely cooked. Very poor again today, against a rubbish side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL site says Williams was injured?

As for dixon

im invincible monty python GIF
monty python scratch GIF

Norf board suggesting that Zuuurhaar may have a broken jaw, and with T. Jonas being responsible he should be suspended. It's Christmas already!

We need him in for his goal kicking

Personally Im starting to wonder what good Marshall is doing when he is out there, the games he has missed with concussion is the best out forward line has looked in years. To watch Finlayson lead at the kicker, double back, not get outmarked, have a second effort etc was kind of refreshing tbh.

Sheezel is thinking to himself "One tough decision away from a successful career at quality club."
Not sure having to put up with half a busload of people booing you for however many years before that club is folded is as tough a decision as people think.

Butters and Bergman were epic. Really liked Evans and his clever disposal. Jet was good. Meady played probably his best game. Lord some nice moments.

Was real nice to win this one by heaps

Been following this year with the numb interest of the biggest casual... so wanted to smash these campaigners today, but.

Imagine being such a rabble, Tommy Jonas kicks a goal from fiddy off one step.

Such an irrelevant s#it truck club, lmao...

View attachment 1687000

JHF with goal of the year there considering he had Boomer Harvey strapped to his back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back