Toast Is Tom Hawkins the Best All-Round Forward in the AFL Right Now?

Is Tom Hawkins the Best All-Round Forward in the AFL Right Now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why, WHY do people do this?

mention Carey in a footballers conversation or Bradman in a cricket chat and immediately - ‘comparing him to Bradman? F*** off.’

Where did the op say yes compared to Carey?
Where did the the responders compare him to Carey? There’s been at least a dozen forwards who have been more dominant than Hawkins, which is what everyone is saying. The post was borderline a troll I think

Where did the the responders compare him to Carey? There’s been at least a dozen forwards who have been more dominant than Hawkins, which is what everyone is saying. The post was borderline a troll I think
Hawkins probably is the best key forward in the comp this season so far as of last night .

Dozen? Well in the last decade there’s only been three that have kicked more goals - Kennedy, Franklin and Riewoldt.
Only franklin has matched him for setting up teammates. Since 2012 when the ruck-forward experiment ended for Tom, only Kennedy and Franklin contribute more goals a game (goals plus assists) and yes that includes Jack.

so in the 8 years before that who are the 10 that were more dominant?

Incredibly athletic clearly 2m in the high jump as a junior. Injuries destroyed that but has completely change his game to be effective. Credit to him.

Over his career I have him behind Kennedy and about level with j Reiwoldt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would not swap JR at his best for two Hawkins. Some statements here beggar belief.

thats good because we wouldn’t do the reverse either.

jack’s been a fantastic player and the last 3-4 years in particular has become very rounded and plays a bigger role for his team than most people probably thought he was capable of.

but aside from medals there is not a lot of statistical evidence to suggest that he’s even better than Hawkins at all, let alone the sort of ‘as if the debate is even possible’ indignation of the Richmond tribe in this thread

im curious to see how you can blanket say that jack has been better. Coleman medals....... anything else?
More Colemans, More AA jumpers, More B+F

I know volume of goals isnt a indicator of better player, but what the * dude, Your going to ask what else has Jack Accomplished over Hawkins and realise he eclipses him over pretty much every individual award you can get?

Tom Hawkins yes you can talk him up all you want, but i think back to last year when you had West Coast beat and then whack
the round arm to Will Schofield that ended your Grand Final chances. He owes you one from last year and maybe he knows it.

don’t think you’d get any argument from us.
It’s ifs and buts and who know for all we speculate, throw him in that prelim and maybe we lose by more - but ultimately there’s a good chance that he didn’t just cost us a grand final spot, but a premiership

More Colemans, More AA jumpers, More B+F

I know volume of goals isnt a indicator of better player, but what the fu** dude, Your going to ask what else has Jack Accomplished over Hawkins and realise he eclipses him over pretty much every individual award you can get?

so by the end of this year, they’ll be level on AA jumpers. Level on flags if neither side wins one.

so yeah, best and fairests - and lets be honest One of Jack’s came in a very very average team, Hawkins’ only best and fairest was in a side that won a flag a year earlier, same as Jack’s second

again, the list of achievements that Jack supposedly dominates by a mile grows a bit thin.

What has he done in between? For longevity Kennedy or JR.

another AA jumper, and inexplicably denied one in 2018, another 20 goals this season and he gets to 50 for the 7th time in 9 seasons (his two misses were 46 when he missed four games, and 49).

people saying he’s at his career peak right now are probably right. But it’s not as though he been languishing in the reserves kicking 1.3 every week for the past decade.

Back