Remove this Banner Ad

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Right now the best is Craig McRae

To me Craig is next super coach.

At careers end will join the greats that have ever coached the game.

Just needs to win flags for Collingwood.

I think the best coach in the comp right now is Chris Scott. Impeccable coaching record, 2 flags, finals campaigns almost every year. He’s got the runs on the board and I can see him keeping Geelong relevant for years to come

Kingers.

Everyone had the Giants at the bottom continuing last years boring footy and were expecting another player exodus.

Giants are top 8 (so far), playing fun and exciting footy and players are re-signing and buying in.

This is the correct call.

Most pundits tipped a bottom 4-6 finish for the Giants this season, esp given their off season losses, but Kingsley has done a fantastic job with a mostly young (very talented) and inexperienced list.

Toby Greene has also been a much better captain and leader than I would have imagined.

At careers end will join the greats that have ever coached the game.

So McRaes no grand finals or premierships makes him a better coach than a 4 time premiership winning coach in Clarkson?

Or Scott and his 2 premierships and having a team make finals something stupid like 11 out of 12 years?

Or Lyon and his multiple GF's?

Or Longmire, Goodwin, Simpson and/or Beveridge who have also won GF's?

This is the correct call.

Most pundits tipped a bottom 4-6 finish for the Giants this season, esp given their off season losses, but Kingsley has done a fantastic job with a mostly young (very talented) and inexperienced list.

Toby Greene has also been a much better captain and leader than I would have imagined.
Calling Kingsley the best coach in the competition is a ridiculous overreaction. This kind of thing happens all the time. A team will be underperforming and a new guy comes in with some fresh ideas and they get back to a decent level again, it's just recency bias. Most people thought Collingwood would be a bottom side last year and they came good, this year they're even better but the expectations are higher now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Carr

Coach of the year awards for current coaches

Luke Beveridge: 2
John Longmire: 2
Ken Hinkley: 2
Chris Fagan:1
Ross Lyon: 1
Craig Mcrae: 1
Simon Goodwin: 1

Given Longmire and Beveridge have 2 AFLCA awards plus a premiership, then its a 2-way tie between those 2. Hinkley is one step behind

Bottom tier with 0 AFLCA awards are Nicks/Voss/Clarkson/C.Scott/B.Scott/Kingsley/King/Simpson/McQualter/Longmuir/Mitchell

Stuart Dew. Helped retain the Ashes.

Timmy, Timmy, Timmy, oh what have you done?

Ok Fly would be one of the most refreshing coaches to listen to.
He has his team humming along nicely on top of the ladder.
This team however missed on a GF appearance last year by a point, so with a 2nd year under him, I would hope for improvement.

There are a few middle of the road teams (and I don't mean that insultingly) that are going better than expected.
Saints are going ok, Adelaide show signs, even Essendon look better than expected.

Kingsley for me though.
GWS are great to watch, Greene has blossomed as a captain under Adam's leadership and I look forward to see what they do next year.
Like Fly with Collingwood, a 2nd year under Kingsley should see vast improvement with GWS and god knows they have the cattle, so could be exciting.

Kingers.

Everyone had the Giants at the bottom continuing last years boring footy and were expecting another player exodus.

Giants are top 8 (so far), playing fun and exciting footy and players are re-signing and buying in.
It just looks like Kingsley is getting the side to perform in a way that Cameron never could, but should have.

No s**t Sherlock.
thanks-obvious.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back