Autopsy vs Collingwood - Round 13 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Your ability to find positives from that performance was the most impressive thing I saw all night.

Absolutely destroyed. The worst North side I've seen in my life time.
Half of that team on the park needs to go, what a desgrace.

positives - Mahony was good, attacked the ball well, and made some good decisions, Mcdonald another 30 touches though not as effective. LDU picked up 22 touches, though some of it was not great, hopefully cleans that up going forward. Scott took some nice marks but has to train on the finishing from angles. McKay played a solid defensive game.

negatives - terrible skills exacerbated by putrid decision making, missed handballs and kicks galore. players hesitated every time they got the ball, and let the pies get back in defense. felt like larkey slipped over almost every time he was contesting the ball.

at least we kept our grip on the no. 2 draft pick, and we're nearly done with this season

Well we still cant score.

For the tip
Ahern, Wood, Hosie.

Marleys kicking is terrible.

Higgins couldn't hit the side of a barn the whole game.

Zurhaar didn't get involved much, Neither did Larkey

Liked seeing EVW back, he can really play.
Goldy Got the better of Grundy, he looked strong, Grundy couldn't move him was nice to see.
Tarrant treated Cox with such disdain it was rather comical

Lmac and Jed good games ad LDU looks decent out there too.

Anyway that's the end of that shitshow.

I’ve got lines through the following after half time

marley (can’t kick/poor decision maker)
Wood (soft as butter, doesn’t have a crack)
Hosie (gets to the wrong spots at AFL level, constantly behind his man defensively, forward half weak link)
Murphy (looks lost at times, not sure if they tried to play him loose - but he didn’t look to get defensive or proactive at a stoppage, just in no mans land)

LDU will do some absolutely ****ed up s**t in years to come - give him another 10-15 games
Bailey looked good on the lead working up and down that high half forward wing role
X - love his attack and aggression, could use some zippy small around him

Last edited:
There was a distinct message to go the boundary even when there was players open. We are preserving pick 2 via playing a conservative route. The forward line was a blend of talls, duds and kids. Thats as an efficient way to tank legitimately as we can muster. The s**t kicks in the side helps also.

Collingwood are making up the numbers big time. Carlton will belt them.

Last edited:
Negs
Paul Ahern, Mason Wood, Zurhaar, skills, constant turnovers, mediocrity, Collingwood fans, worst umpiring in any team sport throughout the world..

Pos
Bailey Scott, Jed Anderson, Ben McKay, LDU, Jy, Shaun Higgins, pick 2 getting more secure, only four games left.

We aren't far away and missing key cogs.

We are closer to a flag than the Pies are.

Yep, one positive it there won’t be a Pies GF, and maybe not Pies in the finals...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this is his game plan he is in trouble. It’s total garbage. Absolutely no dare with the ball. I’m not convinced this is how he wants us to play. It’s a worry though, I agree
If people don’t think we’re working on the game plan he wants then they just don’t do football

It’s one thing not to play your strongest team to give players on the fringe a chance, it’s a completely different thing to suggest who ever plays isn’t being instructed to play the game plan. We’re not going to waist games were we can learn the game plan.

Not so much an autopsy on this game as on some careers. I don’t think anyone expects Wood to still be at North next year and that game shows why, and I’ve seen enough of Williams now.

Midfield was overrun eventually but held their own well for a long time against a much stronger outfit on paper - helped a lot by Goldy. On the other hand, I don’t want to hear how our young forwards are ready to push on without Brown. Forward 50 rainmakers all night did not help but even so.

I started the game genuinely not fussed about the result but wanting to see something like last week’s fight and not to be embarrassed. And the effort was pretty good, even though the number of goals to the other side (and lost opportunities for or own goals) from mistakes was disheartening. Not walking as tall as a week ago but not too worried either.

Thanks Huddo for mentioning in the last minute that North also had injuries. In fact the most.

And piss off Queensland Pies fans. The chant doesn’t come out when you scratch a win over 17th, even I know that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back