Dylan Grimes and diving - Why the AFL needs to act

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, well I hope our lads are learning to dive in training now, seeing as it's part of our game now and will decide many games going forward. Didn't mind the Vlastuin one, the Grimes one is a travesty, actions like that need to be out of the game, we lost all of our momentum because of that dive and the subsequent call. Don't get me started on the Callan Ward one.

1598405908528.png
So which bit never happened in your opinion? The contact by Stringer? The foot in the turf? The arm trying to spoil the ball? You got some vision that the tribunal didn't?

Evidence sucks when it doesn't fit your narrative. He didn't dive. End of.

Just read that man was charged over the Grimes incident. Fancy feeling so incensed and aggressive that you have to threaten an individual playing football because of what he did. You’ve got to wonder about the priorities in ones life. To feel so much anger in the context of a football game. People need to get a life, get perspective and grow up. Let’s hope this idiot hasn’t bred.

Would be interested to see the rational from the tribunal around the Grimes decision, it is an interesting precedent to set now, allowing players to throw themselves to the ground if they are slightly impeded.

Vlaustin is fair enough, should have got off.

Basically, there is no staging IF there is any way possible that it could be conceived there is merit for a free kick. So you can add as much mayo as you want. Add the bread, ham and cheese with the mayo and it's okay. Just make sure there is SOME level of contact or touch to warrant/question a free kick then go nuts.

This means that players can do as they like to highlight if they feel they should receive a free kick. Otherwise, known as Football... the world game.

The AFL have just opened up opportunity for players to add a jar of mayo as they see fit IF there was some contact or some question of a free kick. That is going to look ugly. And it's going to happen more often now.

We are now Federation Football, if we weren't already.

View attachment 945511
So which bit never happened in your opinion? The contact by Stringer? The foot in the turf? The arm trying to spoil the ball? You got some vision that the tribunal didn't?

Evidence sucks when it doesn't fit your narrative. He didn't dive. End of.

Grimes was in front of Stringer and lost the contest. Period. He then took a dive because he felt touch on his back. Tippa also felt touch on his back but instead of taking a dive he moved his body around the contact and collected the ball. I can post videos, I can slow-mo... I can do all of that. But end of the day, it's last weeks fish n chips and I'm an Essendon supporter and you're a Tiger. The free kick was an instrumental changing point in a game that Richmond should have won anyway just looking at pressure opportunities and points kicked. Checking the long-view footage it's pretty clear what happened. But doesn't matter. It was last week and the Tigers can dive and cheat as they see fit now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't even blame bias on the judging panel. You guys are all having a really bad day.

lol

i don't think anyone in this thread is surprised that yet again Richmond got off at the MRP.

Good on Richmond for getting the charges dropped, i am envious of the power they seem to have over the MRP. Hopefully this has brought light to the staging issue and neither of these players will do it again.

lol

i don't think anyone in this thread is surprised that yet again Richmond got off at the MRP.

Good on Richmond for getting the charges dropped, i am envious of the power they seem to have over the MRP. Hopefully this has brought light to the staging issue and neither of these players will do it again.
I'm sure Dylan will try very hard not to be pushed in the back and Nick will try not to be whacked in the face in the future

I'm sure Dylan will try very hard not to be pushed in the back and Nick will try not to be whacked in the face in the future

I imagine that would be easy as neither actually occurred.

945527.jpg

Nah we may call upon Rance to teach us how to do it in the modern era.
Ha, after seeing all the other Richmond staff and players get promised the world at your rabble, he would not go near such a corrupt hypocritical poorly ran club. :$ I have not been this happy and content since that last weekend in sep 2019 :heart:

lol

Didn't you know that Benny Gale is chief of the Illuminati?

Difficult to fathom this. I’ve yet to see or hear one neutral commentator or fan on here who thought Grimes didn’t dive.
Guess Diving season is open now.
Nah,Richmond season is open and the media hold the rifles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back