Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Same, bored me to tears honestly.

I wanted some juicy gossip and finger pointing, unfortunately Jack is too much of nice guy to slander blokes who ruined his career.
True, just ended up a massive sob story. I really don't think the players aren't very comfortable to talk about how bad we were. Reckon they all got told by a pr/media person for the club to not go into detail on individuals or anything like that. Would probably be a big boilover as a result, we were too bad to not have some sort of drama that didn't want to be leaked.

He needs to interview Brent Moloney.
If beamer wasn't going to let loose on a podcast, i doubt he'll let loose on TV

Now brad green from looking at his twitter is ready to launch into both $cully and Neeld

Loved the rocket our club just copped on Foxfooty, but how the * does our inept coach coast through without so much as a jibe at his piss poor game day tactics?

Dane Swan playing in a back pocket on Adem Yze. Has just been moved across to Brad Green instead as Yze has kicked four third-quarter goals.

EDIT: Our team on that day was something like the below. Think I agree with myself that a star mid and a good KPD really would have put us in contention.

B: M Whelan - A Nicholson - N Brown
HB: C Bizzell - R Ferguson - J Rivers
C: C Bruce - J McDonald - P Wheatley
HF: A Davey - B Miller - B Green
F: R Robertson - D Neitz - A Yze
R: J White - B Moloney - T Johnstone
I/C: B McLean - B Holland - C Sylvia - P Johnson

Also shows you how much the game has changed. For example, Moloney has been on the bench for 50+ minutes without rotating on.
That spine is dreadful. Besides Neitz of course. No chance we were going to win a flag with that spine. Definitely needed another gun mid in there to get close. Compare the F50 of this side to ours now though. Makes our current forwardline look very very poor. Great front half back then.

I'm always down to listen to some Melbourne Football Club bashing, shame I missed it.

What was the jist of the conversation please deeco ?

Mentally weak, no heart, cursed club, MCC making us soft... boys obviously been reading our board after the last game :$
I swear its the same conversation every single season. And..nothing changes. Soft underbelly of the whole club. The board, MCC, supporters etc. The best chance we had of winning a flag was if we merged.

I swear its the same conversation every single season. And..nothing changes. Soft underbelly of the whole club. The board, MCC, supporters etc. The best chance we had of winning a flag was if we merged.
The funny this is thing is that new players come and go, but the results stay the same, it really is the culture and aura of this club that breeds mediocrity.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seemingly no one; players, coaches, administrators, can come to this club without losing their talent.

Felt like the culture of the club changed with Roos and Jackson, but they never really wanted to be their enough to make it stick. They tried to impart some professional standards but it feels like the clubs been hijacked by idiots again.

Its feeling bleak again as a seemingly talented list yet again picks and choses effort or fundamentaly doesn't know how to play team football. While our whole coaching panel doesn't appear to be worth keeping, but we can't fire them because of an inept CEO.

If Melbourne Football Club ever gets its act together and wins a flag, I will be forced to conclude that we're living in the Matrix...

I would enjoy hearing how everyone became a Dees fan. Is the team you support typically passed down generation to generation? Or are the other people who are as foolish as me, and actually picked this club!?!?

Last edited:
I would enjoy hearing how everyone became a Dees fan. Is the team you support typically passed down generation to generation? Or are the other people who are as foolish as me, and actually picked this club!?!?
well , .... it's tribal . Of all the clubs in Victoria , MFC doesn't actually represent a suburb . Unlike most of the other clubs in Victoria , we were kings of the MCG until around 1960's when the Tigers were let in . The rest is a sad case of a total *er cluster of crap that has held this club back for a variety of reasons . Right now we have a coach that has been found wanting , unable to adapt to what most of us can see.
So , would you dream of giving up on the Eagles , or do you hang on in the hope that maybe , just maybe , they get it right and not only do you have a winning season , you actually look like getting to the big show ?
TBO it is actually embarrassing to witness what we dished up tonite and be anything but angry . I am , i suspect most Demon fans are .
Others will respond to your question , i am only responding for myself , I will never support another club, but the coach can just * off right now .

Good input on many of the Melb teams representing a particular suburb. I didn’t know that. That probably answers my question pretty well. With so many teams in the same city, I was curious what the biggest determining factor was in who people end up supporting. With few exceptions it’s a much different dynamic in the states- for the most part a team has a whole city to themselves, and 95+% of the people in that city are fans of that team.

And of course, I could never switch from the Eagles- that would be like leaving family! And I’m not suggesting any of you change teams either (I’ve only followed for a few seasons and couldn’t dream of switching to the the dons or dawgs).

Hi folks, I come in peace for productive footy discussion.

There's a lot to like about the Dees, and I acknowledge they have slightly under performed this year, but there's not a lot that can be taken from a season predominately played in a swamp. It has been understated, but I don't have the slightest doubt that it's had a massive impact and has suited particular clubs significantly (e.g. Geelong, Richmond and of course, Brisbane). The slicker sides (e.g. Collingwood, GWS & Bulldogs) have been significantly disadvantaged.

The back line has finally clicked, you still have the best ruckman in the comp and some serious clearance clout. It's the forward line that clearly needs fixing, and I suspect we'll see Luke Jackson becoming a major forward threat when the game returns to the MCG, and under the roof at Docklands. Some offensive outside mids with good foot skills should also be at the top of the shopping list. Whilst I agree that the Paul Roos mantra of improving Melbourne's hardness and clearance capabilities was the correct way to go at the time, I question whether that aspect has been overplayed now, and whether having a Roos successor in Simon Goodwin at the helm of the club is now the optimal way to go. The way I see it, he makes some questionable strategic calls in overall game plan, and on the fly as the side adapts to the swings & roundabouts that present themselves in the chaos of game day.

I wouldn't be too flat about the year, because with natural progression and 2-3 targeted player types, the Dees could put themselves in genuine top 4 contention.

Recap:

Jon Ralph says Goodwin will keep his role but will be on a very short leash, Bartlett and Pert to feel significant heat also. Interstingly we could go to the AFL for a bailout and it not be included in our cap for next year. Reckons Richardson will become a line coach next year.

David King says the Melbourne coaches box has become a bunch of yes men with no discussion whatsoever going on during match days. Macca and Jennings shown the door for having different ideas to the senior coach has made it stale and lacking any sort of imagination whatsoever.

Dermy says Goodwin is way too soft on our supposed guns and babies them, quality coaches don't put up with the weak efforts from players that we see on a far too regular basis.

So in other words, we are staying in the hamster wheel for another year going absolutely nowhere. Just rejigging a few things and job titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back