Racing September Daily Punt - Return of the Cossack

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't look like much to get excited about in that Melbourne 3yo race.

Dirty Work for me in The Shorts but more importantly, would like to see something really stamp itself here.

To be fair it’s been a complete bizarre horse. Almost thought it was going nowhere at a few different stages the last few years. Hasn’t it also ran a few close seconds against good horses?

yeah ran second to the kiwi fraud TAS in the chipping norton on good.

VE definitely prefers the sting out of the ground. I think even more importantly though she needs a genuine tempo. Whenever they walk along she starts to pull and did again today. Don’t think she likes racing tightly either.

I think she’s still going fine, but there’s plenty of factors to consider before jumping in to the short odds with her again.
Agree especially re pace

Going fine but fine isn’t going to win you a Cox Plate. A cox plate winner puts that race to bed. Especially given the horses that ran 1-2-3

they were right and I was wrong. Throwing the dice in the cups looks the right move

In a normal Cox Plate year for sure. This would have to be one of the weakest periods in racing in Aus now. Pinker Pinker would be a star if racing today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinane/Dabiyr in the Naturalism

even if you have kinane on top it can’t possibly be a bet with the hype lords on at this price. Deserves to be 3 times the quote on exposed form

Game Keeper.

As always Kinane will be the flashing run in to like 5th.
Same and also took an exacta boxed with Steel Prince as i like it in the Melb Cup and got it at 100-1 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back