All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why you’d think I’d take time out of my day to describe a company you clearly have no interest in. If you truly were interested you’d watch it for yourself instead of lurking in the thread waiting for an anti-AEW comment to like.
Actually, I did have a lot of interest in it at the start but then the main figureheads ran their ugly heads. I want AEW to do well. I want to like it (seen more AEW footage than WWE footage recently, crowds are best) but what I have seen looks like indy wrestling on a bigger budget

Which is fine and not as much of a knock as you might think it is because people really enjoy that style of wrestling. As Filthy Sanchez said s**t like the teleporting (hated the Broken gimmick since it began in Impact) doesn't do it for me but it clearly does for others. One of the main draws for me was Jericho. I enjoyed a lot of what I saw from him in the first 6 months but since he lost the title, what interest I did have is waning

Yeh actually, you kind of do have to watch if you wanna form your own opinion about a show

if I watch it the comeback is “if you don’t like it, don’t watch!”

if I don’t watch the comeback is “you’ve gotta watch it to formulate your opinion.

I formulated my opinion on those first five eps for the main reason that it wasn’t sports based like promised, it was entertainment/sketch comedy based. Until I’m convinced by fans that they’ve Gone to believable sports based wrestling, I’m not watching.
Lol yeah you do need to actually watch it otherwise you can’t cover the WWE fanboy that you are.

The freedom, which funnily enough WWE had during their strongest period, is needed so that way it’s up to the wrestlers to get over. Not some guy from Maccas giving writing a crack for the 1st time.

I’m a WWE fanboy? I’d love to know the last time I’ve commented on the WWE thread. I haven’t watched Raw regularly since like 2016. All of WWE’s shows are complete abortions. I don’t watch any of them. by your posts, you seem to obsess over comparing AEW’s quality to WWE. That’s such a pathetically low bar it’s just sad.

Despite all this I’d argue that Roman Reigns turn and match with Jey Uso was better than anything AEW has produced all year. That storyline has been the only thing that has convinced me to tune into wrestling in 2020.

I really want AEW to succeed, but I think fans arejust accepting any alternative and not demanding a better standard. Wrestling doesn’t have to be as hokey and silly as Young Bucks/Omega/Cassidy/Jericho make it out to be.

if I don’t watch the comeback is “you’ve gotta watch it to formulate your opinion.
exactly, it’s pretty straight forward

I formulated my opinion on those first five eps for the main reason that it wasn’t sports based like promised, it was entertainment/sketch comedy based. Until I’m convinced by fans that they’ve Gone to believable sports based wrestling, I’m not watching.

1st 5 eps of the entire year, yep a good enough sample to make a decision on a brand new company finding its feet

Some is sketch company, in no way would I say all.
The long term story telling of the break up of the Elite has been anything but sketch comedy.

I’m a WWE fanboy?
Yes

As Filthy Sanchez said sh*t like the teleporting (hated the Broken gimmick since it began in Impact) doesn't do it for me but it clearly does for others.
I'd imagine you'd be pulling your hair out watching Undertaker or Bray Wyatt then.

I thought it was just me that some of the regulars got incredibly defensive against when I critiqued AEW. But it seems that the Fanbois will defend any old BS that AEW puts out.

I watched probably 90% of the episodes of Dynamite up until All Out and really wanted it to succeed. There was parts of it I enjoyed and parts that I didn't. Broken Matt, The Nightmare Collective, Cody as a babyface, etc. were things I struggled with, but I persisted in hope it would improve. I even paid my $5 a month subscription to Fite.tv (which according to comments a few weeks back not even AEW's biggest fan did that).

But the breaking point for me was All Out. The botches in the first half of the show made it really uncomfortable to watch. Between the mess that was the Doctor's Office brawl, Matt Sydal botching badly and someone deciding it was a wise move to put Darby Allin into a body bag with thumb tacks during the middle of a battle royal just seemed unnecessarily risky. But then less than an hour after that the Matt Hardy bump onto concrete--- WTF! How did that match not get cancelled.

I've been unable to comfortably watch AEW since because I feel that I could see someone get seriously injured at any stage. IF the results online seem interesting I MAY return one day--- but 2-time TNT Champion Cody isn't really my cup of tea. Brodie Lee's "horrific' overthrow of Cody lasted 7 weeks.....

I thought it was just me that some of the regulars got incredibly defensive against when I critiqued AEW. But it seems that the Fanbois will defend any old BS that AEW puts out.

Pretty sure I’ve made it clear about the things I’m not a big fan of.

Like...
Cody winning back the TNT title
OC push
Too jokey (BTE stuff should stay on BTE)
The lack of effort for the women.

Just off the top of my head. Obviously ignoring The Nightmare Collective and early Dark Order. It’s not all rose colored glasses.

Pretty sure I’ve made it clear about the things I’m not a big fan of.

Like...
Cody winning back the TNT title
OC push
Too jokey (BTE stuff should stay on BTE)
The lack of effort for the women.

Just off the top of my head. Obviously ignoring The Nightmare Collective and early Dark Order. It’s not all rose colored glasses.

You're not the "Fanboi" I was talking about--- but I'm glad I got your attention. You do seem to like to throw around the personal insults anytime you disagree with someone's view though.

I was more referring to a few GWS supporters who celebrate 700k viewers as if it was GWS winning an AFL Grand Final on a weekly basis ;)

Thats fine, dont watch the show then if u watched it and didnt like it. Just dont come on here posting nonsense when you dont even watch the show of late to form that opinion. You mentioned the Y2J vs OC feud yet you only watched the first 5 eps of dynamite?!

If you watch it and don't enjoy it for those reasons then fine. I dont agree with those reasons and im happy to debate you on them

Let's remember this next time you get upset that I don't think having a Beach themed event in the middle of winter is a good idea.

If anyone’s getting upset on some forums then it’s time for a long break.
I think you’ve thought that someone disagreeing with you is a personal attack... No it’s an opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So 1 person says AEW's wrestling is too comedy based, another says AEW's wrestling is too high risk, another says it's leaning too much into the indy style.

If you want boring, low risk wrestling, where people are "slowing down and grabbing a hold brother", you get a Baron Corbin match. You get WWE.

I'd imagine you'd be pulling your hair out watching Undertaker or Bray Wyatt then.
Despite my favourite WWE match having Bray Wyatt in it I haten't seen any Fiend stuff and I do find the "lightning" stuff from Undertaker a bit naff. The atmosphere for his enterance at Melbourne was legit though

OMG that's f*n hilarious

You know you're clutching at straws when you have to pull these sort of lines out to sh*t on a company.
Im surprised TNT didn't cancel them immediately after that tbh

Fan Boi out defending the product without the context. Shaxx & I have been discussing this on & off since Bash at the Beach happened.

It recently came up after a discussion on bad PPV names when NXT announced Halloween Havoc.

I 100% agree with @Shaxx Ataxx from above though. We don’t need to compare the products to suggest that they need to improve.

Can we all also agree that outside of Double or Nothing, AEW PPV titles have been pretty unspectacular?

Full Gear is an inside joke so I’m not a fan. It definitely seems like the lesser. Hard to hate the name Revolution since the build up was amazing and the PPV had one of the best matches I’ve ever seen. I don’t mind All Out.

Fan Boi out defending the product without the context. Shaxx & I have been discussing this on & off since Bash at the Beach happened.

It recently came up after a discussion on bad PPV names when NXT announced Halloween Havoc.

I 100% agree with @Shaxx Ataxx from above though. We don’t need to compare the products to suggest that they need to improve.

No I'm well aware of the context, you whinge and moan about the smallest of details coz that's what you do.

Full Gear is an inside joke so I’m not a fan. It definitely seems like the lesser. Hard to hate the name Revolution since the build up was amazing and the PPV had one of the best matches I’ve ever seen. I don’t mind All Out.

I prefer revelation :)

No I'm well aware of the context, you whinge and moan about the smallest of details coz that's what you do.

If you spent as much time discussing AEW as you did "whinging & moaning" about my perspective of AEW there would be A LOT more discussion about AEW in this thread. Every time I make a contribution to this thread I can almost guarantee that Flapjacks will complain about my post within a few hours.

If you spent as much time discussing AEW as you did "whinging & moaning" about my perspective of AEW there would be A LOT more discussion about AEW in this thread. Every time I make a contribution to this thread I can almost guarantee that Flapjacks will complain about my post within a few hours.

Stop posting like a moron then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back