Preview Geelong v Richmond 2020 Grand Final Sat Oct 24 @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! You’ve been to a few.

I saw GAS lots of times + saw him kick his bags of 14 Goals. Had a friend, who was his strapper + saw him in his Speedos at Training
View attachment 990826

Would've loved to have seen him in action, even if the Cats seemed to struggle with the Bears / Lions of old. Should've convinced my parents to take me down the highway to Carrara... especially in 92!

If Dusty goes the fend-off to the chest, cats players need to grab his wrist with both hands and bring him down.

Players get in trouble when they try to reach for his torso when getting fended. They never get their hands close enough and that’s how the fend-off works.

Grab his wrist and hold on tight. Then he can’t handball and tough to kick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also wonder about the technique of dealing with the fend, and I wonder if a martial-arts style of deflection of the fending arm would be one approach.
If you could deflect the fending arm you could potentially deliver a solid hit to the unprotected ribcage

Would give him something to think about, at least!

Remember seeing GAS with then 2 young boys at Jan Juc. GAJ would have been 7 or 8. They wouldn't leave so GAS just put both of them under his arms and carried them off.

I also wonder about the technique of dealing with the fend, and I wonder if a martial-arts style of deflection of the fending arm would be one approach.
If you could deflect the fending arm you could potentially deliver a solid hit to the unprotected ribcage

Need to be in a crouched taclikv position so chest not exposed and he has a better chance of fending off high.

If Dusty goes the fend-off to the chest, cats players need to grab his wrist with both hands and bring him down.

Players get in trouble when they try to reach for his torso when getting fended. They never get their hands close enough and that’s how the fend-off works.

Cyril was the master of this. Grab the arm jump up with both feet then just fall to the ground. Momentum drags the opposition player down

Brian Tracy, Canadian + US author + motivational speaker said:

“Don’t aspire to be the best ‘ON’ your team.”

“Aspire to be the best ‘FOR’ your team.”

Umpires are about as trustworthy as rats ‘wif Gold teef’ 😩

Tigers gave Gil a massive hard time hubwise. Cats have been lauded as one of the best tenants. Surely Gil won't want a Tiger's win.

I've heard mark williams discuss the fend.

Said that dusty came to him asking how to improve the fend (and he was already excellent)

Williams then spent an hour a week trying to stop him.
He was doing all manner of illegal grabs Etc to stop him.

And dusty learnt how to get passed them all.
You have to admire that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve recently joined BF though have read it for years. Some of the hostility between supporters bemuse me. Though we are playing in the GF I won’t resent the cats if you win. Have always enjoyed the way Geelong plays footy. Always attack and good to watch. Your teams over the last 2 decades have been a pleasure to watch. And while the Abletts have killed us for 30 years or so you couldn’t help enjoying watching them. Good luck for the game. Both teams have done their supporters proud and irrespective of the result we have a lot to be thankful for

I've heard mark williams discuss the fend.

Said that dusty came to him asking how to improve the fend (and he was already excellent)

Williams then spent an hour a week trying to stop him.
He was doing all manner of illegal grabs Etc to stop him.

And dusty learnt how to get passed them all.
You have to admire that.

Its a level of dedication most of us will never grasp....he's one hell of a footballer.

Ross the Boss, Caro and M Lloyd tipping the Tiges just. Scoops McLure tipping the Cats
You forgot old Salty Eddie

4th final in a row he’s tipped against us. His is a genuine hate. A deep deep hatred. 😂 I love it!

Still another little sook about Cameron and said it wasn’t a slap in the face for his Pies.

So mean go for something like this: 1603283506272.jpeg

Or this:
1603283540522.jpeg

Or get Parfitt to do this:
1603283716533.jpeg

And a less of this:
1603283814861.jpeg

And this:
1603283923330.jpeg

i dont think it's one; but its Blitz, Guthrie, Menegola and Parfit (and now Simpson). These guys have been the difference in our midfield this year being much more even (and these guys going missing has been what has cost us in finals in years past). If they can continue their form of the past couple weeks, we'll be a long way along the road to the CUP.
I'll go further. They all play well, we win. Reckon it's that simple.

4th final in a row he’s tipped against us. His is a genuine hate. A deep deep hatred. 😂 I love it!

Still another little sook about Cameron and said it wasn’t a slap in the face for his Pies.

We have been the well broadcast cause of all his beetroot faces. Rossy Lyon had reason for the the same salt but said his heart says Geelong (but tips Tuggs) While Mike Sheen says every non Cats/Tuggs supporter would want Cats to win.

Who cares- I'm just looking for the real tipsters- splitting the lucky chicken wishbone, finding two magpies together and putting out food for the neighbour's elusive black cat.

Not a slap for the pies. More like a Bruce Lee roundhouse kick to the head.

How did I miss this?!

"
So much so, that last week against the Lions he was also able to enjoy a more light-hearted moment as the cameras captured the defender listening in as Brisbane's forwards set up their plan in a huddle. Although he's unsure how successful that attempt was.

"I didn't hear a thing but I pretended like I did. That was just to annoy the forwards a small bit, but I didn't actually pick up anything. They noticed and they gave me a bit of a smack afterwards as well, so I felt that," he said."

Bit of the Stevie J's there!

Also, proposing the hashtag #DoItForDingle

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back