News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walk me through which part of my explanation you didn't understand?

Is it the fact that you're looking at what St Kilda gets, instead of what it costs us? Is that what you're misunderstanding?

Fine if you care about what St kilda gets more than worrying about we do - but that's not what we're talking about.

Let me try again and tell me what is confusing.

I have a ten dollar bill (Crouch) and a $1 coin (pick 39).

I swap the ten dollar bill (Crouch) for two $5 bills (pick 23). I haven't SPENT $10, I've exchanged it.

I then give my two $5 and my $1 to someone for a new stapler (pick 17)

That stapler (pick 17) has cost me $11, which is what I started with (Crouch and 39). Pick 17 for Crouch and 39.

Is that now clear?

I told you from the start, I understand what you're saying. But it does not change the transaction between the 2 clubs.

For St Kilda to give us 17, we have to give them Brad, 23 and 39.

This is an unacceptable deal.

Walk me through which part of my explanation you didn't understand?

Is it the fact that you're looking at what St Kilda gets, instead of what it costs us? Is that what you're misunderstanding?

Fine if you care about what St kilda gets more than worrying about we do - but that's not what we're talking about.

Let me try again and tell me what is confusing.

I have a ten dollar bill (Crouch) and a $1 coin (pick 39).

I swap the ten dollar bill (Crouch) for two $5 bills (pick 23). I haven't SPENT $10, I've exchanged it.

I then give my two $5 and my $1 to someone for a new stapler (pick 17)

That stapler (pick 17) has cost me $11, which is what I started with (Crouch and 39). Pick 17 for Crouch and 39.

Is that now clear?

dude, the issue he has is that the retailer has received $21 for the stapler.

I told you from the start, I understand what you're saying. But it does not change the transaction between the 2 clubs.

Exactly my thoughts.

I know that we don't 'lose' pick 23, but to gift St. Kilda Crouch and 23?? NO F'ING WAY.

Or would we do a deal with Collingwood? Crouch to St Kilda for the compo pick of 23. Trade 23 to Collingwood for Treloar. Give Treloar a 5 year deal at $650k and Collingwood pay $250k a year for the 5 years giving the kid the $900k a year he was promised at Collingwood. That would also work for me.

yes you’ve only given $2. But the baker has received $3.

So - you care about what St Kilda are receiving, not what we have to give up?

Fine. I'm less concerned. I want us to get the best result possible for ourselves. It will suck if a competitor gets better, but I don't want to get worse.

At least you understood that we didn't actually GIVE UP $3. That's all I wanetd.

So - you care about what St Kilda are receiving, not what we have to give up?

Fine. I'm less concerned. I want us to get the best result possible for ourselves. It will suck if a competitor gets better, but I don't want to get worse.

At least you understood that we didn't actually GIVE UP $3. That's all I wanetd.
Think you’re arguing with the wrong person, mate.

17 for Crouch and 39 is still a sh!t deal. Why would we do it?

I'm not arguing 17 for Crouch and 39 is what we should do.

I'm looking at what is the best possibilities for us that still available.

Clearly, the club doesn't want Crouch here any more - and sadly, when he tested the market it seems like no one lese does either.

We might want them to keep him, but it just sounds like they're determined to get rid of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or would we do a deal with Collingwood? Crouch to St Kilda for the compo pick of 23. Trade 23 to Collingwood for Treloar. Give Treloar a 5 year deal at $650k and Collingwood pay $250k a year for the 5 years giving the kid the $900k a year he was promised at Collingwood. That would also work for me.
I don't want Treloar. He's effectively just B Crouch and will still clog the midfield.

I would certainly ask Collingwood about Stephenson and their 2021 1st.

Pick 23 + Kelly for 2021 1st and Stephenson.

It would work for me if it was shorter. 5 years was too long for Brad, why wouldn't it be for Treloar. I don't think you would get Collingwood to agree to that though.

Because of what THEY GET.

Just say it.

We start with Brad and 39 and end up with 17. Maybe that's the best we can get and maybe not. But it can't COST US both Crouch and 23 just because St Kilda receive them both. There is no possible version where we can HAVE both Crouch and 23, so there's no way we can GIVE UP both Crouch and 23.

dont think collingwood is accepting 23 for treloar lol.

Yep, Brouch for 2021 1st is a great result. Could be as good as pick 10.
Could also be pick 17. I'm over the 12 month deathride. Let's get pick 17 sorted today and use it to trade up the draft with the Bulldogs pick.

Just say it.

We start with Brad and 39 and end up with 17. Maybe that's the best we can get and maybe not. But it can't COST US both Crouch and 23 just because St Kilda receive them both. There is no possible version where we can HAVE both Crouch and 23, so there's no way we can GIVE UP both Crouch and 23.
man your posts are so bad. if the crows accept pick 23 or 17 they should just fold.

Have we made any sort of announcement at all today as to what out intentions are?

This has gotten to the stage where the silence on this is disrespecting the members, fans, other players and coaching staff.

Just say it.

And yet, somehow we give up Crouch and 23......... ;)

I reckon we won't even have the balls to do that. We will just remain silent past the deadline. In which case silence is taken as not matching by the AFL.

Actually you're right. Of course we won't. Radio silence, head in the sand, lalala. Silence is golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back