List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow pick 26 and 5 years 500k+ for Stepheson.

That is a huge risk.

He is good but not a player i'd want in a bad side or a rebuilding side. Has attitude and off-field issues and head goes down after any mistake whilst then finishing the game poorly.

Not someone i'd want in the side or particularly theirs as a rebuilding club. One positive is they probably have to pay someone with their salary cap floor but 5 years is a huge call.

that's a big win for the pies. they need cap space and there's a tonne of questions over Stephenson.

wonder what they do with that pick now as a bid on McInnes will wipe it out.

we should have moved pick 29 or 35 for a future pick early in the week, now there's a bunch of teams with mid 20's picks and willing to offload them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne acquires Ben Brown, Pick 28 and a 2021 fourth-round pick. North Melbourne receives Pick 26, Pick 33 and a 2021 fourth-round pick (tied to Brisbane Lions)
Ben Brown for a mid to late second rounder is a decent deal for Melbourne.

What is it with Brisbane just giving West Coast good players for free? Yeo, Redden, Witherden. If you didn't know better, you'd think Brisbane's list manager is a West Coast mole.

Witherden isn't good. He had a solid 2018, dropped off significantly in 2019 and then was horrendous with decision making in the few games he played in 2020.

Pretty much turned into a clone of Riley Bonner's career to date so don't think the trade was bad at all for either team.

It'll likely be a nothing trade as would Bonner for a pick 40 if that happened too.

Witherden isn't good. He had a solid 2018, dropped off significantly in 2019 and then was horrendous with decision making in the few games he played in 2020.

Pretty much turned into a clone of Riley Bonner's career to date so don't think the trade was bad at all for either team.

It'll likely be a nothing trade as would Bonner for a pick 40 if that happened too.

Yeah, but you just know he's going to find a niche at West Coast and carve out a 200 game career.

Ben Brown for a mid to late second rounder is a decent deal for Melbourne.

I watched Ben Brown a few times at Werribee and couldn't believe he actually ended up on an AFL team. He was one of the worst players you would see on the ground.

Still watching him to this day I think it will do nothing for them. There isn't a more one trick pony player in the comp.

If the defender has any closing speed they can stop him from marking on a lead and then you saw what happened in 2020 when he stopped getting a ridiculous amount of free kicks for flopping and flailing around everywhere.

He will be a good pick up for them if somehow the umpires start giving him 2-3 charity free kicks in the forward 50 per game again but if he is umpired fairly he goes back to being a very ordinary player who can only impact games with a mark on the lead and his opponent player 15 metres behind him.

Can't crumb, can't take contested marks and if he being 1 on 1 and isn't getting free kicks he will be a complete bust, like he was this year.

There was a stat somewhere that I think 31 of his 64 goals in 2019 came from free kicks which was 9 more than the next player.

Yeah, but you just know he's going to find a niche at West Coast and carve out a 200 game career.

Possibly but he isn't a Hurn replacement so I hope that isn't what they're looking for him to be.

Jasper Pittard is on track to play 200 games too haha.

I'm not sure how Brown and Weideman are going to work together. Both strike me as 80's style close to goal full forwards. Couple that with the fact that Melbourne try to rest a ruck up there in Jackson and it's not a great mix.

Yeah Witherden will do well at the eagles.

His game suits dry weather eagles style footy a lot more than Gabba and Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back