Prediction Assistant Coaches 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Great discussion, his caretaker role was mostly giving the players a hug after a tumultuous time, but give credit where it's due.

Maybe his best attribute is being a senior aide to young Teague, the continuity is a good point.
Makes sense as to why we keep having 5 goal runs kicked on us without doing able to stop it

....I have become....comfortably dumb.

I don't know what he does behind visibility, but as un-inspirational an individual is hard to find.
That sounds terrible, but I've yet to see him drive any standards on the field. Just comes across somewhat disinterested.....but there must be something there.
Barker.

Survived Ratten-Malthouse-Bolton. Now up to Teague.
No other club chasing him for assistant or senior role. How many survive 4 coaches.

Could he be the board spy? Or just knows where the skeletons are buried at Princess Park?

Either way, we dont improve without changing up the support around teague.

Hmmm.... said the same when we had Bolton.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Post nuclear war only two things will survive:
  1. Cockroaches
  2. Barker's job at CFC

That's funny :)

Clearly he's doing something right.........somewhere.
I've forgotten all details, but Barker has been the back-line coach, the forward-line coach, senior coach as a stand-in and now he's midfield and stoppages coach.

I just don't know how that comes about, because if you're doing well in one area, why move that coach onto another role?

I've forgotten all details, but Barker has been the back-line coach, the forward-line coach, senior coach as a stand-in and now he's midfield and stoppages coach.

I just don't know how that comes about, because if you're doing well in one area, why move that coach onto another role?

JB could be a coaching polymath - our very own Archimedes

If he was say the reserves team coach I think I would be okay with. Seem's like a good bloke who will follow the narrative.
But really dont like him as a line coach, every line he's been involved in has regressed .

If he was say the reserves team coach I think I would be okay with. Seem's like a good bloke who will follow the narrative.
But really dont like him as a line coach, every line he's been involved in has regressed .

I've said this before, but on the occasions I saw Barker at VFL games, he just didn't seem invested in the game, at all.
There may have been good reasons for that to be the case....I don't know what....but there may have been reasons.

I had a similar feeling about him a training, where I saw him being more-so 'one of the boys' than for any focused coaching.
He does love kicking those torps at goal, doesn't he? :)

It's the impression that over a couple of years just stuck.
Maybe things have changed and it's all a lot more serious now. Hard to say....but Barker lives on.

Probably will, but these are things I would say

Who here knows or has direct knowledge of his qualities

The head coach, at this point in time Teague, is the one that sets the gameplan and how he wants all line coaches to deliver the message
Hasn’t worked for the last three head coaches at the club, not seeing anything change with the fourth. Barker hasn’t made any of them look good so either we are s**t at picking coaches or ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's incorrect

We were top 6 in averages, as well as differentials for centre and stoppage clearances

Our quality was s**t, not quantity.
Any team with Cripps in it is going to win a lot, but the way we set up was terrible. We find it so much harder to turn a stoppage win into a quality clearance than many of our opposition.

Our quality was sh*t, not quantity.
Any team with Cripps in it is going to win a lot, but the way we set up was terrible. We find it so much harder to turn a stoppage win into a quality clearance than many of our opposition.

But that has little to do with the midfield coach. We also rate 4th for average for I50, 7th in differiantials

We have been lacking runners and good users on the spread.

Let's not make stuff up

Our quality was sh*t, not quantity.
Also find it very hard to stop a score from a stoppage loss. Too many times the opposition runs it out in waves and overwhelms the defence.

But that has little to do with the midfield coach. We also rate 4th for average for I50, 7th in differiantials

We have been lacking runners and good users on the spread.

Let's not make stuff up

Not making anything up. It's our set-ups.
We get drawn to the ball, so that our players are under pressure and often flat-footed. So we can win the clearance, but the quality is poor. Surely you acknowledge that while we get a lot of inside 50s, our conversion is poor?

However our opposition, while they might win less clearances than us, when they do it's often to a player in space and on the move.

I think our stoppage set-ups can take a large part of the blame for both us getting scored against in 5 goal + runs, and not being able to score when we are dominating parts of the game.

Not making anything up. It's our set-ups.
We get drawn to the ball, so that our players are under pressure and often flat-footed. So we can win the clearance, but the quality is poor. Surely you acknowledge that while we get a lot of inside 50s, our conversion is poor?

However our opposition, while they might win less clearances than us, when they do it's often to a player in space and on the move.

I think our stoppage set-ups can take a large part of the blame for both us getting scored against in 5 goal + runs, and not being able to score when we are dominating parts of the game.

So what have scoring conversion have to do with the midfield coach?

As for the momentum against us, surely that goes back on Teague, yeah?

The criticism directed at Barker is mostly unwarranted, as people here aren't part of the inner sanctum

That's why I say, don't make things up

So what have scoring conversion have to do with the midfield coach?

As for the momentum against us, surely that goes back on Teague, yeah?

The criticism directed at Barker is mostly unwarranted, as people here aren't part of the inner sanctum

That's why I say, don't make things up

I'm not criticising Barker's entire tenure, I think I've been pretty consistent in saying that it's hard to judge an assistant coach's performance from outside of a club. But when it's something as specific as stoppages, which he is in charge of this year, I think it's ok to judge that our stoppages are poor.

It has to do with our scoring conversion because we get the ball inside 50 under pressure. If our stoppages were better, the player kicking inside would be freer, and hopefully better able to kick it to our forwards' advantage.
It has to do with momentum against us, because our opposition win the ball to players in space.

I'm not criticising Barker's entire tenure, I think I've been pretty consistent in saying that it's hard to judge an assistant coach's performance from outside of a club. But when it's something as specific as stoppages, which he is in charge of this year, I think it's ok to judge that our stoppages are poor.

It has to do with our scoring conversion because we get the ball inside 50 under pressure. If our stoppages were better, the player kicking inside would be freer, and hopefully better able to kick it to our forwards' advantage.
It has to do with momentum against us, because our opposition win the ball to players in space.

Well then you are misguided

Barker is in charge of stoppages, Stanton the midfield and transition, perhaps redirect your frustration

Tigers rank well outside the top 8 for CCL & SCL, yet unlike us, have a low clanger turnover rate

We have lacked foot speed and skill, that's changing

Your claims, like many other posters are unfounded

Remove this Banner Ad

Back