Games & Recreation Childhood toys that take your nostalgia to 11

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a tad stunned boys even had sleepovers.

Assumed it was more a girl thing.
i had one with mate up the road i played junior footy with, between like ages 9 and 12 - we went to different primary schools but were mates from footy and living on same road. no shenanigans tho, we just played hand held games like donkey kong, uno, test match cricket and board games. i remember liking his sister who was about 5 years older than me, and wanting to catch a glimpse of her in her pj's when i was 11/12 and she was about 16/17. she must have been 17 as she had her learners and then got her licence.

i had one with mate up the road i played junior footy with, between like ages 9 and 12 - we went to different primary schools but were mates from footy and living on same road. no shenanigans tho, we just played hand held games like donkey kong, uno, test match cricket and board games. i remember liking his sister who was about 5 years older than me, and wanting to catch a glimpse of her in her pj's when i was 11/12 and she was about 16/17. she must have been 17 as she had her learners and then got her licence.

Fair enough.

Our sleepovers were either at very tolerant parents houses who didnt mind, or it was an "occasion" ie. someone's birthday. No sex shennanigans either, was very vanilla- lots of junk food, movies, chit chat... no sleep at all either, went home feeling like you were a bit hungover tbh due to lack of sleep.

Yeah sleepovers were genuine Nintendo fests back in my day, Mario Kart till all hours, good times.

I've staid at mates places and they have staid at mine
Usually after a party

As adults

* no shenanigans

Yeah thats called crashing.

Im talking legit sleepover.... actually i've probably had one, some footy mates coming over, watched movies and s**t all night. And also went over to another mates place, ended up playing Phase 10, til 3 in the morning..

Over_the_door_basketball

This use to get proper out of control in my house as a kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because back in the day offering a bed for the night was the polite way of saying you'd overstayed your welcome, kindly fu** off.

Good. I'm glad you said yes. The sooner we kill off all these stupid faux polite passive aggressive games, the better off we'll all be.

We ex was forever getting her knickers in a twist because someone hadn't reacted like they were supposed to and took her up on one of her "offers". Then I had to hear about it.

Classic example was paying for dinner. In her family, every time we all went out for a feed there had to be this massive pantomime over who was paying, with everyone having to have a turn at offering to pay for everyone. The Grandfather was getting on and wealthy AF, so if he wanted to spread some inheritance around, let him I reckoned. Plenty of other ways to square up. But no, pantomime. Every time.

So we have a Barnsworth family gathering, and the Barnsworths are notoriously slow on the draw come time to pay up. So during the awkward silence she grabs the bill and says "I'll pay!". And all the Barnsworths say "Ok, thanks", sit back and relax. And I had to hear about it all the way home. Fancy people letting someone pay for everyone just because they offered. How rude!

I liked this one: Poleconomy
1606722941957.png

Check out some of those old Aussie brands!

Plus it had $1Million notes. What's not to like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back