Games & Recreation Childhood toys that take your nostalgia to 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Friends had them as a kid bought from the back of comics
I bought stamps and coins from the back of comics

The actual Sea Monkeys were like sea lice and nothing like the ads, thankfully I never ended up ordering any as my parents saw through the scam and stopped me.

There were also ads for x-ray specs that allowed you to see through people's clothes and as kids you think that's an amazing offer too good to be true.

it's hard to believe that comics were allowed to have those dodgy ads designed to scam kids back then, you would never see those sorts of ads these days.

The actual Sea Monkeys were like sea lice and nothing like the ads, thankfully I never ended up ordering any as my parents saw through the scam and stopped me.

There were also ads for x-ray specs that allowed you to see through people's clothes and as kids you think that's an amazing offer too good to be true.

it's hard to believe that comics were allowed to have those dodgy ads designed to scam kids back then, you would never see those sorts of ads these days.
Sea monkeys eventually died and stunk
I think you then strained it and dried it out and added new water and the new eggs hatched
Brine shrimp

I always wanted X ray glasses never saw any, probably the people who bought them were to embarrassed to take them to school as they didnt actually work

I saw the disappearing ink which someone bought it sprayed on blue and then disappeared

There was also an add that you sent away to and it gave you a questionnaire to see if you were a star child

A friend said he fitted the criteria ,we still have a giggle about it decades later

had this one

nintendo-game---watch---wide-screen---octopus--loose-without-box--p-image-397256-grande.jpg

and donkey kong.
and this
1Nfe.gif

80s-Toys-You-Can-Buy-Now.jpg

3d38d67ddb7cf5e87e1502460c50f97d.jpg

300px-G1Soundwave_toy.jpg

1442205254457.jpg

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adrian Mole, one of literature's great anti heroes. When he died with Sue Townsend a part of me did too. Who'd have thought a middle aged women from the Midlands could get in the mind of a teenaged boy quite like she did and despite his vanity and neurosis Mole retained a child like innocence to the end.

Not sure about Australia but they do over here. Owned by the same group as KFC and Taco Bell.

Fond memories of The Hut as a kid and eating so much all you can eat you felt like wanting to do all you can vomit post meal.

Their dessert bar was pretty damn good too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back